1978 the Cyclone Tour

24db
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by 24db »

I've just read 'the worst' review of a TD gig ever, from the 1978 tour (it was in Record Mirror)...they hated TD before they got to the gig and it didn't spare anybody....so bad I actualy found it funny.

it'll be on my blog if and when it comes back
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

record mirror no longer exists

td are still playing live

qed
...The wise.....are silent.....
rattymouse

Post by rattymouse »

24db wrote: it'll be on my blog if and when it comes back
If it comes back........

A poster at tadream.net said it best, "It is VERY disturbing to see these irreplaceable sources of information such as Heiko's and Matt's Tangerine Tree websites and now Voices in the Net disappearing off the web, as if Tangerine Dream themselves are being erased from existence."

The chances of any new generation of TD fans arising from this immense stupidity is decidedly slim.

On the plus side, the bootleg market seems to be temporarily resurrected now that the trees have been wiped off the map.
24db

Post by 24db »

rattymouse wrote:
If it comes back........

A poster at tadream.net said it best, "It is VERY disturbing to see these irreplaceable sources of information such as Heiko's and Matt's Tangerine Tree websites and now Voices in the Net disappearing off the web, as if Tangerine Dream themselves are being erased from existence."

The chances of any new generation of TD fans arising from this immense stupidity is decidedly slim.

On the plus side, the bootleg market seems to be temporarily resurrected now that the trees have been wiped off the map.

Don't see the connection between theirs and my blog...it's back on line now. :D

back on topic, it's amazing that TD survived with some of the reviews they've received over the years...I guess it just shows the power of the reviewer is far less than they and their ego's think...thankfully...perhaps?
Last edited by 24db on Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
rattymouse

Post by rattymouse »

24db wrote:
rattymouse wrote:
If it comes back........

Don't see the connection between theirs and my blog
How sad.
24db

Post by 24db »

RM...you're a funny guy :D :D :D
Sfearical Sequence

Post by Sfearical Sequence »

bigmoog wrote:record mirror no longer exists

td are still playing live

qed
Excellent point. If there is one profession on Earth wherein its practitioners can be guaranteed of doing the same thing over and over, never improving, never changing, never innovating, never learning . . . it's that of being a critic.
Peter Beasley

Post by Peter Beasley »

I went to the gigs at Hammersmith and Croydon in 1978. Musically, I think TD soon realized this more conventional band line-up approach didn't suit them, hence the quick abandonment.

A nice memory from Croydon was I got to know the roadcrew and after the show they let me up on stage to have a play on Klaus Kreiger's kit.

At Hammersmith, the road crew dressed up in gorilla outfits and stormed the stage at the beginning of the encore (whilst The Muppets theme played through the PA). This seemed to take the band completely by surprise and I'm not sure they approved, especially when one of the gorillas knocked into Chris Franke's Moog modular system and it teetered on the brink of falling over.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Peter Beasley wrote:I went to the gigs at Hammersmith and Croydon in 1978. Musically, I think TD soon realized this more conventional band line-up approach didn't suit them, hence the quick abandonment.

A nice memory from Croydon was I got to know the roadcrew and after the show they let me up on stage to have a play on Klaus Kreiger's kit.

At Hammersmith, the road crew dressed up in gorilla outfits and stormed the stage at the beginning of the encore (whilst The Muppets theme played through the PA). This seemed to take the band completely by surprise and I'm not sure they approved, especially when one of the gorillas knocked into Chris Franke's Moog modular system and it teetered on the brink of falling over.
Amazing and funny tales from the past :lol: :mrgreen: would have loved to seen that...........cheers Peter 8)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

Peter Beasley wrote:I went to the gigs at Hammersmith and Croydon in 1978. Musically, I think TD soon realized this more conventional band line-up approach didn't suit them, hence the quick abandonment.

Excellent :D :D Thanks for sharing. :lol:
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!