Reviews: Northeim, Berlin and Japan.

Mars
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Reviews: Northeim, Berlin and Japan.

Post by Mars »

Her we can collect all the different reviews of the recent concerts. (if we can find some :-)

Berliner Morgenpost: http://www.morgenpost.de/printarchiv/ku ... aison.html

Tangerine Dream beendet die Zitadellen-Saison
Mittwoch, 2. September 2009 04:00

"Sie gelten als Hauptvertreter der "Berliner Schule" des Krautrock. Manche freilich meinen, nach dem Meisterwerk "Phaedra" sei Tangerine Dream zum "Easy Listening" übergelaufen.
Diese Meinung wird von denen, die jetzt zum Saisonabschlusskonzert in die Zitadelle Spandau gekommen sind, um sich zweieinhalb Stunden in eine andere Welt hieven zu lassen, allerdings keineswegs geteilt. Die live als Quintett auftretende Formation um Chefgeist Edgar Froese hat quasi ein Heimspiel. Darunter hat man die Fokussierung auf ausgedehnte, sich langsam entwickelnde Stücke zu verstehen, in denen sich Sounds ständig wiederholen und ein Trancegefühl erzeugen.
Anzeige
Bei Tangerine Dream, gegründet Ende der 60er-Jahre, erinnert nichts an Gepflogenheiten im Rock'n'Roll. Auf Selbstdarstellung, Gesang und Worte wird verzichtet. Umso wichtiger ist der Lichtfaktor. Über den Musikern kreisen zwei Laser. Entscheidenden Anteil am Gelingen des Abends hat Schlagwerkerin Iris Camaa. Ihr ist es zu verdanken, dass die Musik nicht dahin abrutscht, wo Tangerine Dream während ihres langjährigen Schaffens auch schon mal gelandet sind: Im kosmisch-mystischen New-Age-Nirwana."
Mars

Post by Mars »

Rockszene.de: http://www.rockszene.de/News04/Vorlagen ... theim.html

Vanille-Nebel auf der Waldbühne
Spaciges Open-Air in Northeim

Open-Air Saison-Abschluss 2009 auch auf der Waldbühne in Northeim. Und wie schon kürzlich bei der SKAexPlosion mit der Band SKA-P als Hauptact, haben die Veranstalter auch beim From Earth To Universe-Festival am letzten Samstag mit Tangerine Dream einen Headliner verpflichet, der in Deutschland nur ausgewählte Shows spielt und nicht auf jedem zweiten oder dritten Festival auf der Bühne steht.

Mit Tangerine Dream sollte der Höhepunkt des From Earth To Universe-Festivals folgen. Statt der angekündigten Show über drei Stunden, spielte die Band dann zweieinhalb, was wohl auch ausreichend war. Ihrem instrumentalen Art-Rock für längere Zeit zu folgen, vermochte offenbar nicht jeder auf der Waldbühne. Oder war die zunehmende, sehr unangenehme Kälte, die in die Kleidung kroch der Grund dafür, dass bereits viele Besucher rund eine halbe Stunde nach Beginn des Tangerine-Dream-Konzertes das Gelände verließen?

Auf jeden Fall war es spannend und spacig was die mittlerweile neu formierte Band um Mastermind Edgar Froese bot. Tangerine Dream, in Originalbesetzung bereits 1967 gegründet, haben auch anno 2009 noch (oder wieder?) eine treue Fangemeinde, die mitunter auch weite Anreisewege auf sich nimmt, um Shows der Band zu erleben. Ein Schotte aus Edinburgh hatte mit seiner Frau extra hier Urlaub gemacht um bei diesem Festival in Northeim dabei sein zu können. Er erschien dann auch standesgemäß im Kilt. Ein Hingucker war zweifellos die ausgeklügelte Laser-Light-Show, bei der lediglich der Bühnennebel zuweilen deplatziert wirkte, weil er die Laser-Effekte etwas abschwächte, aber immerhin roch es lecker nach Vanille.

2010 soll es weitergehen mit Open-Air-Shows und Festivals auf der Waldbühne in Northeim. Bleibt auf größere Publikumsresonanz zu hoffen, kreative Programmgestaltung und Produktionsqualität seitens der Veranstalter wurden in diesem Jahr bereits vorgelegt. Und das nicht zu knapp. It´s up to you folks!
j_pertou

Post by j_pertou »

Diabetes-Musik für flüchtende Fledermäuse
http://tangerinedream.pertou.dk/#post687
24db

Post by 24db »

j_pertou wrote:Diabetes-Musik für flüchtende Fledermäuse
nice hatchet job..what do they do for an encore? eat babies!
j_pertou

Post by j_pertou »

24db wrote:
A terrible review, and although I looked through a lot of newspapers at my hotel (with some excellent help from the receptionist), that was all I could find.
24db

Post by 24db »

j_pertou wrote:
24db wrote:
A terrible review, and although I looked through a lot of newspapers at my hotel (with some excellent help from the receptionist), that was all I could find.
perhaps they would have preferred the utter bilge that was being played at the Zitadelle the night before? Should have been right up their street
krismopompas

Post by krismopompas »

ok, the parts with linda are not my kind of music too........... but the audience has had a totally other view of the gig than this review suggested......... and we all know: germany has a problem with td........ i don´t know why :( .......... maybe because edgar does what he want :D
time is the fire in which we burn (zoran)
24db

Post by 24db »

krismopompas wrote:
ok, the parts with linda are not my kind of music too........... but the audience has had a totally other view of the gig than this review suggested......... and we all know: germany has a problem with td........ i don´t know why :( .......... maybe because edgar does what he want :D
Regarding the audience...you've got to ask yourself why people would go along to a gig, pay good money to buy a ticket and then only politey applaud a band who've only just come on stage? That's very weird IMHO...compare that to reception they got at the Forum, or Edinburgh or the UCLA with basically the same music and exactly the same lineup. Is this how a German audience 'of a certain age' always react? I might be exagerating a tad, but I think 450 people at the TUe in Eindhoven greeted the band more loudly.
krismopompas

Post by krismopompas »

24db wrote:
krismopompas wrote:
Regarding the audience...you've got to ask yourself why people would go along to a gig, pay good money to buy a ticket and then only politey applaud a band who've only just come on stage? That's very weird IMHO...compare that to reception they got at the Forum, or Edinburgh or the UCLA with basically the same music and exactly the same lineup. Is this how a German audience 'of a certain age' always react? I might be exagerating a tad, but I think 450 people at the TUe in Eindhoven greeted the band more loudly.
edgar has a hard job to be life long in germany......... it´s a shame
:(

i don´t know why they only applaud politely before the gig......... but it has nothing to do with the crowds age ;) ....... maybe because it was a seating (seats for the audience) concert which always has the character of a classic concert and not like a rock concert, where you can dance and move........... but the applause AFTER the gig was a warm one and outstanding for a german td-audience imo.

i see that i must visit a td-concert in england......... it seems to be something totally different.
24db

Post by 24db »

krismopompas wrote:
24db wrote:
krismopompas wrote: ok, the parts with linda are not my kind of music too........... but the audience has had a totally other view of the gig than this review suggested......... and we all know: germany has a problem with td........ i don´t know why :( .......... maybe because edgar does what he want :D

i don´t know why they only applaud politely before the gig......... but it has nothing to do with the crowds age ;) ....... maybe because it was a seating (seats for the audience) concert which always has the character of a classic concert and not like a rock concert, where you can dance and move........... but the applause AFTER the gig was a warm one and outstanding for a german td-audience imo.

i see that i must visit a td-concert in england......... it seems to be something totally different.
Speak to Bianca and ask her what they thought about the reception they received in London...where 'half' of the audience was sitting down. Wasn't the UCLA gig seated as well mate?

I've got to say that it probably took Chris (cheerleader) Newman to wake the Zitadelle audience up. Chris mate, you're a nut job but totally TD through and through..if I hadn't been laughing so much I might have given you a cheer or failing that a beer ;)
krismopompas

Post by krismopompas »

24db wrote:
krismopompas wrote:
24db wrote: Regarding the audience...you've got to ask yourself why people would go along to a gig, pay good money to buy a ticket and then only politey applaud a band who've only just come on stage? That's very weird IMHO...compare that to reception they got at the Forum, or Edinburgh or the UCLA with basically the same music and exactly the same lineup. Is this how a German audience 'of a certain age' always react? I might be exagerating a tad, but I think 450 people at the TUe in Eindhoven greeted the band more loudly.

Speak to Bianca and ask her what they thought about the reception they received in London...where 'half' of the audience was sitting down. Wasn't the UCLA gig seated as well mate?

I've got to say that it probably took Chris (cheerleader) Newman to wake the Zitadelle audience up. Chris mate, you're a nut job but totally TD through and through..if I hadn't been laughing so much I might have given you a cheer or failing that a beer ;)
as i wrote: i don´t know why it´s so different between germany and england :(

besides of this: it´was a wondeful concert :)
24db

Post by 24db »

still dreaming perhaps? ;)
krismopompas

Post by krismopompas »

24db wrote:still dreaming perhaps? ;)
dreaming since 30 years in orange :!: ......... dreaming of a great evening at zitadelle, hear the dussmann and forum gig and can´t await the zitadelle-download :)

if i would and could make music, i would make td-like music........ there´s nothing better between earth and universe :)
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

If i remember rightly they've always had a rough time with the German Media i seem to remember the review of Optical Race had TD stating they may never play in Germany again
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
j_pertou

Post by j_pertou »