"Optical Race" Tour

staatsgrenze
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

"Optical Race" Tour

Post by staatsgrenze »

They had a spectacular light show with this and it was my wife's first TD Concert, great time at Pine Knob outside of Detroit, perfect weather, under the stars............
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

How I wish I could have been at one of the 1988 gigs.... open air would be great, to boot.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Desert_Voyager wrote:How I wish I could have been at one of the 1988 gigs.... open air would be great, to boot.

The stage setting looked particularly impressive with the mass of piping and big light shows.................to see it out in the open air must have been a dream :P
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

epsilon75 wrote:
Desert_Voyager wrote:How I wish I could have been at one of the 1988 gigs.... open air would be great, to boot.

The stage setting looked particularly impressive with the mass of piping and big light shows.................to see it out in the open air must have been a dream :P
Every day since 1986 I was hungry for another TD concert but information was difficult to get about the next gig.... hence, 10 years passed till the next one for me.

If they'd come back to Birmingham in 87 and 88, I'd have been there..... oh god, I'd have been there!
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Have to admit i like the Optical Race album on a whole,i think its very underated.........Lily on the Beach was not as good in my opinion but with Melrose they certainly got back on top form..............I think EF and PH were a good partnership with RW or JF.
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

epsilon75 wrote:Have to admit i like the Optical Race album on a whole,i think its very underated.........Lily on the Beach was not as good in my opinion but with Melrose they certainly got back on top form..............I think EF and PH were a good partnership with RW or JF.
I absolutely love Optical Race.... Mothers of Rain is so moving I just can't explain it.

I really like alot of the tracks on Lilly.... and a few of the tracks on Melrose are even better, imo.
staatsgrenze

Post by staatsgrenze »

It was as I said, spectacular with the ladders and the lasers, the whole set-up was uniquely TD's best yet, Optical Race is definitely a great recording, no matter what others have said.... August 1988, about 78 degrees and not a cloud in the sky, perfect man, perfect......... Paul was in top form...

What happened with Ralf Wadephul??
24db

Post by 24db »

staatsgrenze wrote:It was as I said, spectacular with the ladders and the lasers, the whole set-up was uniquely TD's best yet, Optical Race is definitely a great recording, no matter what others have said.... August 1988, about 78 degrees and not a cloud in the sky, perfect man, perfect......... Paul was in top form...

have a look mate!

http://www.wadephul.eu/
staatsgrenze

Post by staatsgrenze »

There he is!!!!!!! why thanks for that, mate..........
24db

Post by 24db »

staatsgrenze wrote:There he is!!!!!!! why thanks for that, mate..........
:D no problem...checkout the mp3s and you'll get a better impression of what Ralf brought to TD (also checkout the Blue Dawn track on this site's Jukebox)
staatsgrenze

Post by staatsgrenze »

Just did and posted on the guestbook as well

Mighty good music there!!!!
Taximan431

TD Gigs

Post by Taximan431 »

Yes this was a great gig North America tour of 1988 got to see one of these great optical race gigs....one of my early encounters with TD....very technical stage set up... Paul 's keyboard playing was excellent along with Edgar & Ralf.....

The Dreams keep on returning from these memories....

:D 8) :!: :arrow: Geoff
TangerineDream

Post by TangerineDream »

I've been a fan for 20 years and wish I could see them live in Canada..... Would be the highlight of my life :(
24db

Post by 24db »

staatsgrenze wrote:It was as I said, spectacular with the ladders and the lasers, the whole set-up was uniquely TD's best yet, Optical Race is definitely a great recording, no matter what others have said.... August 1988, about 78 degrees and not a cloud in the sky, perfect man, perfect......... Paul was in top form...

from memory TD had some of the lighting 'flown' and it could be moved around the stage.

Btw the UK press gave Optical Race a good right up, whatever fans might say now
24db

Post by 24db »

TD with 'some' of their 1988 stage equipment: