Tangerine Dream
The Official Forum

   * FAQ    * Search   * Login   * Register

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on Performances

How many fans will go to the Royal Albert Hall?
Poll ended at Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:08 pm
Yes, I allready have tickets 89%  89%  [ 39 ]
Yes, but no tickets yet 11%  11%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 44
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:24 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:08 pm
Posts: 20418
bergen-dreamer wrote:
hansx wrote:
And how many were there after all?


I've heard it said that there were around 3.500...


it was less

_________________
http://thezest-2010.blogspot.co.uk/
small print


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:27 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:08 pm
Posts: 20418
hansx wrote:
bergen-dreamer wrote:
hansx wrote:
And how many were there after all?


I've heard it said that there were around 3.500...


Still wonder if that is enough to cover the costs.


somewhat ironic that TD usually get about 2000 people to come to their gigs in London (with advertising) and yet WIV entertainment didn't do a single advert for the RAH bash and TD get a 1000 more turn up. Got to love that complete collapse in the fan base ;)

_________________
http://thezest-2010.blogspot.co.uk/
small print


Last edited by 24db on Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:46 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:42 pm
Posts: 4483
Location: Netherlands
24db wrote:
hansx wrote:
bergen-dreamer wrote:
hansx wrote:
And how many were there after all?


I've heard it said that there were around 3.500...


Still wonder if that is enough to cover the costs.


somewhat ironic that TD usually gets about 2000 people to come to their gigs in London (with advertising) and yet WIV entertainment didn't do a single advert for the RAH bash and TD get a 1000 more turn up. Got to love that complete collapse in the fan base ;)


yes indeed. The RAH name does make wonders. :) But I guess also makes a gap in the wallet. :(


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2007 4:53 pm
Posts: 2127
Location: surf city, SoCal
hansx wrote:
24db wrote:
hansx wrote:
bergen-dreamer wrote:
hansx wrote:
And how many were there after all?


I've heard it said that there were around 3.500...


Still wonder if that is enough to cover the costs.


somewhat ironic that TD usually gets about 2000 people to come to their gigs in London (with advertising) and yet WIV entertainment didn't do a single advert for the RAH bash and TD get a 1000 more turn up. Got to love that complete collapse in the fan base ;)


yes indeed. The RAH name does make wonders. :) But I guess also makes a gap in the wallet. :(


I thought the $ for RAH wasn't all that bad. The fee and shipping wasnt as high as I expected it to be. I think I paid more for the Berlin gig.

_________________
DREAMING. . . . Now, Then!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:08 pm
Posts: 20418
tdream4ever wrote:
hansx wrote:
24db wrote:
hansx wrote:
bergen-dreamer wrote:
hansx wrote:
And how many were there after all?


I've heard it said that there were around 3.500...


Still wonder if that is enough to cover the costs.


somewhat ironic that TD usually gets about 2000 people to come to their gigs in London (with advertising) and yet WIV entertainment didn't do a single advert for the RAH bash and TD get a 1000 more turn up. Got to love that complete collapse in the fan base ;)


yes indeed. The RAH name does make wonders. :) But I guess also makes a gap in the wallet. :(


I thought the $ for RAH wasn't all that bad. The fee and shipping wasnt as high as I expected it to be. I think I paid more for the Berlin gig.


better value than Paris....those prices were insane, Berlin wasn't exactly cheap either...but at least I was on holiday in the City at the time (Always a bonus)

_________________
http://thezest-2010.blogspot.co.uk/
small print


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:17 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2007 6:51 pm
Posts: 619
Location: JO21GW, Netherlands
24db wrote:
bergen-dreamer wrote:
hansx wrote:
And how many were there after all?


I've heard it said that there were around 3.500...


it was less

The moring before the concert I've asked the lady of the RAH ticket sale how many tickets there were sold, she told me around 3500.

I did a sightseeing tour in the RAH that morning.

Peter

_________________
http://concerts.pb2rdf.eu/
http://www.youtube.com/c/pb2rdf
http://www.pb2rdf.eu


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:38 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:08 pm
Posts: 20418
pb2rdf wrote:
24db wrote:
bergen-dreamer wrote:
hansx wrote:
And how many were there after all?


I've heard it said that there were around 3.500...


it was less

The moring before the concert I've asked the lady of the RAH ticket sale how many tickets there were sold, she told me around 3500.

I did a sightseeing tour in the RAH that morning.

Peter


very nice Peter...it was still less though

_________________
http://thezest-2010.blogspot.co.uk/
small print


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:50 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:51 pm
Posts: 14861
Location: 1975
3499 :P

_________________
...The wise.....are silent.....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:51 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:08 pm
Posts: 20418
bigmoog wrote:
3499 :P


that's better...keep going ;)

_________________
http://thezest-2010.blogspot.co.uk/
small print


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:51 pm
Posts: 14861
Location: 1975
24db wrote:
bigmoog wrote:
3499 :P


that's better...keep going ;)


3498.5..... if you count the other half :D

_________________
...The wise.....are silent.....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:57 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:08 pm
Posts: 20418
bigmoog wrote:
24db wrote:
bigmoog wrote:
3499 :P


that's better...keep going ;)


3498.5..... if you count the other half :D


If you're going to make a joke about it I'm off...to a private forum ;)

_________________
http://thezest-2010.blogspot.co.uk/
small print


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:06 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:51 pm
Posts: 14861
Location: 1975
24db wrote:
bigmoog wrote:
24db wrote:
bigmoog wrote:
3499 :P


that's better...keep going ;)


3498.5..... if you count the other half :D


If you're going to make a joke about it I'm off...to a private forum ;)



:o :D

_________________
...The wise.....are silent.....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:02 am
Posts: 84
Location: Worthing (hub of the known universe)
I'm actually puzzled that the promotion for the hole concert was practically non existent, I don't think there was even a poster outside the venue itself. I'm sure TD could have filled the place with the odd ad in the music press and a few strategically placed posters. However, it was a fabulous concert nonetheless.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:08 pm
Posts: 20418
Mac cuber transfer wrote:
I'm actually puzzled that the promotion for the hole concert was practically non existent, I don't think there was even a poster outside the venue itself. I'm sure TD could have filled the place with the odd ad in the music press and a few strategically placed posters. However, it was a fabulous concert nonetheless.


sadly this was all down to WIV entertainment, who without fail balled up the entire tour. At one time I emailed them...and they were as confused if not more so, than the rest of us.

_________________
http://thezest-2010.blogspot.co.uk/
small print


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:56 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:58 pm
Posts: 40
24db wrote:
Mac cuber transfer wrote:
I'm actually puzzled that the promotion for the hole concert was practically non existent, I don't think there was even a poster outside the venue itself. I'm sure TD could have filled the place with the odd ad in the music press and a few strategically placed posters. However, it was a fabulous concert nonetheless.


sadly this was all down to WIV entertainment, who without fail balled up the entire tour. At one time I emailed them...and they were as confused if not more so, than the rest of us.


If they were confused, maybe that's down to the information they were given.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic     Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on Performances All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5 [ 64 posts ] 

 
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum


Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group | Design by Homestage