Tangerine Dream
The Official Forum

   * FAQ    * Search   * Login   * Register

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on Performances
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:33 pm
Posts: 85
Location: West Sussex, UK
Hobo wrote:
Janus wrote:
Hi all was up in west end earlier today so popped head into Astoria - no TD related leaflets or posters on display or about at the moment :o


Bet they're advertising G-A-Y night though! :( :x


The whole thing seems to have been a bit 'last minute' and there seems to have been a desperate scrabble to find a venue (hence dropping from three to one concert perhaps) at the last moment. I just wonder if the Astoria haven't had time to do much on the advertising front, I'm told it takes a few weeks to organise such things usually and that you often have to book adverts in the various press outlets either weeks or months ahead.

No real idea, just guessing.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 4:14 pm
Posts: 3977
Location: At The Border Of The Marsh
Wolfman wrote:
Hobo wrote:
Janus wrote:
Hi all was up in west end earlier today so popped head into Astoria - no TD related leaflets or posters on display or about at the moment :o


Bet they're advertising G-A-Y night though! :( :x


The whole thing seems to have been a bit 'last minute' and there seems to have been a desperate scrabble to find a venue (hence dropping from three to one concert perhaps) at the last moment. I just wonder if the Astoria haven't had time to do much on the advertising front, I'm told it takes a few weeks to organise such things usually and that you often have to book adverts in the various press outlets either weeks or months ahead.

No real idea, just guessing.


You're probably right John. Although I'm excited about seeing TD again, this is somewhat dampened by the choice of venue.

_________________
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:46 pm
Posts: 24409
Location: Apatheticville
Come on Mick,lets get out Lily Savage wigs out and join the after show party :shock:

_________________
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 4:14 pm
Posts: 3977
Location: At The Border Of The Marsh
epsilon75 wrote:
Come on Mick,lets get out Lily Savage wigs out and join the after show party :shock:


Mmmmm....I can see we are going to have to keep a close eye on you Colin. The only after show party I'm interested in is with Iris!

_________________
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:46 pm
Posts: 24409
Location: Apatheticville
Hobo wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
Come on Mick,lets get out Lily Savage wigs out and join the after show party :shock:


Mmmmm....I can see we are going to have to keep a close eye on you Colin. The only after show party I'm interested in is with Iris!


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I can assure you Mick,there will be no shirtlifting activities from me :arrow:

_________________
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:08 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 4:14 pm
Posts: 3977
Location: At The Border Of The Marsh
epsilon75 wrote:
Hobo wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
Come on Mick,lets get out Lily Savage wigs out and join the after show party :shock:


Mmmmm....I can see we are going to have to keep a close eye on you Colin. The only after show party I'm interested in is with Iris!


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I can assure you Mick,there will be no shirtlifting activities from me :arrow:


I'm only glad EF's opera phase is behind him, otherwise the after show events may have led him to adapt some Gilbert and Sullivan and we could have had "Tangerine Dream - The Pirates Of Men's Pants"!

_________________
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:36 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:08 pm
Posts: 20418
Hobo wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
Hobo wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
Come on Mick,lets get out Lily Savage wigs out and join the after show party :shock:


Mmmmm....I can see we are going to have to keep a close eye on you Colin. The only after show party I'm interested in is with Iris!


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I can assure you Mick,there will be no shirtlifting activities from me :arrow:


I'm only glad EF's opera phase is behind him, otherwise the after show events may have led him to adapt some Gilbert and Sullivan and we could have had "Tangerine Dream - The Pirates Of Men's Pants"!


Behind him? that's a dangerous assumption to make

_________________
http://thezest-2010.blogspot.co.uk/
small print


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:55 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 4:14 pm
Posts: 3977
Location: At The Border Of The Marsh
24db wrote:
Hobo wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
Hobo wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
Come on Mick,lets get out Lily Savage wigs out and join the after show party :shock:


Mmmmm....I can see we are going to have to keep a close eye on you Colin. The only after show party I'm interested in is with Iris!


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I can assure you Mick,there will be no shirtlifting activities from me :arrow:


I'm only glad EF's opera phase is behind him, otherwise the after show events may have led him to adapt some Gilbert and Sullivan and we could have had "Tangerine Dream - The Pirates Of Men's Pants"!


Behind him? that's a dangerous assumption to make

:wink:

_________________
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:40 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:46 pm
Posts: 24409
Location: Apatheticville
Hobo wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
Hobo wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
Come on Mick,lets get out Lily Savage wigs out and join the after show party :shock:


Mmmmm....I can see we are going to have to keep a close eye on you Colin. The only after show party I'm interested in is with Iris!


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I can assure you Mick,there will be no shirtlifting activities from me :arrow:


I'm only glad EF's opera phase is behind him, otherwise the after show events may have led him to adapt some Gilbert and Sullivan and we could have had "Tangerine Dream - The Pirates Of Men's Pants"!


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: not related to William Blake by chance are you Mick :wink:

_________________
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:08 pm
Posts: 20418
Hobo wrote:
24db wrote:
Hobo wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
Hobo wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
Come on Mick,lets get out Lily Savage wigs out and join the after show party :shock:


Mmmmm....I can see we are going to have to keep a close eye on you Colin. The only after show party I'm interested in is with Iris!


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I can assure you Mick,there will be no shirtlifting activities from me :arrow:


I'm only glad EF's opera phase is behind him, otherwise the after show events may have led him to adapt some Gilbert and Sullivan and we could have had "Tangerine Dream - The Pirates Of Men's Pants"!


Behind him? that's a dangerous assumption to make

:wink:


I'm serious, even though Edgar is on record stating that he doesn't want to keep repeating things again and again, what if MFD is a big seller?, it would be tempting to revisit it again,

_________________
http://thezest-2010.blogspot.co.uk/
small print


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:46 pm
Posts: 24409
Location: Apatheticville
And if it is not a BIG seller maybe he will go back to Rubycon 2007 :shock: :wink:

_________________
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:08 pm
Posts: 20418
epsilon75 wrote:
And if it is not a BIG seller maybe he will go back to Rubycon 2007 :shock: :wink:


Edgar is on record saying he won't do that :)

_________________
http://thezest-2010.blogspot.co.uk/
small print


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:46 pm
Posts: 24409
Location: Apatheticville
And i have to say i hope he does not..................Rubycon is gone and best left alone as it was..Mind you,i never ever thought i would have heard it in the "Live" setting as of SBE 05,that was an incredible moment for me and a hugely unexpected one :shock: :P

_________________
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:05 pm
Posts: 11363
Location: Glasgow
epsilon75 wrote:
And i have to say i hope he does not..................Rubycon is gone and best left alone as it was..Mind you,i never ever thought i would have heard it in the "Live" setting as of SBE 05,that was an incredible moment for me and a hugely unexpected one :shock: :P


Have to agree Colin,
Hearing Rubycon at SBE 05 was just awesome, along with the majority of that set, the near perfect TD setlist me thinks!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:46 pm
Posts: 24409
Location: Apatheticville
timer wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
And i have to say i hope he does not..................Rubycon is gone and best left alone as it was..Mind you,i never ever thought i would have heard it in the "Live" setting as of SBE 05,that was an incredible moment for me and a hugely unexpected one :shock: :P


Have to agree Colin,
Hearing Rubycon at SBE 05 was just awesome, along with the majority of that set, the near perfect TD setlist me thinks!



It was a sheer and utter delight Tim...............waiting for this DVD is nothing short of torture :cry:

_________________
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic     Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on Performances All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5 [ 74 posts ] 

 
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum


Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group | Design by Homestage