TD in London - ROYAL ALBERT HALL - 1st APRIL 2010

epsilon75
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by epsilon75 »

bigdaveh wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:Some feedback and thoughts would be welcomed when you feel ready,if not happy feel free to organise something else............
CJ the pub seems fine and no matter what some1 does there will always be some1 not happy. But rock on. :D
Cheers Dave. Its looks spot on for a pre-concert fan meet where plenty of room good ales and food are important,as i said i am just suggesting it and dont want the kiddie paddy moods of the past,if people dont like it then they can organise something else.
I feel you need a place to suit everyone's pocket,and sipping £12 cocktails and eating dim-sum and sushi at £20 a throw is not my idea of fun and i am sure everyone's wallets are suffering a little these days :wink:
Last edited by epsilon75 on Sat May 16, 2009 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
bigdaveh

Post by bigdaveh »

epsilon75 wrote:
bigdaveh wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:Some feedback and thoughts would be welcomed when you feel ready,if not happy feel free to organise something else............
CJ the pub seems fine and no matter what some1 does there will always be some1 not happy. But rock on. :D
Cheers Dave. Its looks spot on for a pre-concert fan meet where plenty of room good ales and food are important,as i said i am just suggesting it and dont want the kiddie paddy moods of the past. If people dont like it then they can organise something else.
I feel you need a place to suit everyone's pocket,and sipping £12 cocktails and eating dim-sum and sushi at £20 a throw is not my idea of fun and i am sure everyone's wallets are suffering a little these days :wink:
Well I for 1 appreciate all you and others do for the rest of the fans pre concert enjoyment :!: :!: :D :D
The Stoke TDBA Division.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Would also like to point out that the "Anglesea" has a terrace for those who like a smoke :)
prophetfive

Post by prophetfive »

epsilon75 wrote:Would also like to point out that the "Anglesea" has a terrace for those who like a smoke :)
:D :D The Anglsea sounds A1 Col. Put me and Debs on the list of attendees, mate 8) 8) 8) :wink: :arrow:
bigdaveh

Post by bigdaveh »

prophetfive wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:Would also like to point out that the "Anglesea" has a terrace for those who like a smoke :)
:D :D The Anglsea sounds A1 Col. Put me and Debs on the list of attendees, mate 8) 8) 8) :wink: :arrow:
Just looked on goggle best put my best bib and tucker on for the area :!: :lol:
The Stoke TDBA Division.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

prophetfive wrote:
Cheers Ron. I think it only fair that others take a look and have a say on the venue before a list is compiled,if there is satisfactory feedback then we can go ahead.

IMO its a realistic location that will suit everyone's pocket.........
prophetfive

Post by prophetfive »

epsilon75 wrote:
prophetfive wrote:
Cheers Ron. I think it only fair that others take a look and have a say on the venue before a list is compiled,if there is satisfactory feedback then we can go ahead.

IMO its a realistic location that will suit everyone's pocket.........
:D :D Agreed, mate. :wink: :arrow:
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Route Map

http://www.multimap.com/directions/?qs_ ... nformation

Click on MAP VIEW :wink: A nice straight walk :D
GAZZ

Post by GAZZ »

put me and maryanne down for the fan meet. the venue for the fan meet looks like just the ticket for a pre concert fan meet,and like you say its not to far frm the R.A.H. :roll: gazz collins TD BA yorkshire division :roll:

AERIAL SUITE [2008]
CITIZEN [2009]
RETURN TO EDEN [2009]
Doug and Marilyn

Post by Doug and Marilyn »

We're with you, Colin. The pub looks spot on. Marilyn and I will be coming down for this one. Note that I am still tingling and shaking in anticipation.
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:Route Map

CJ can you run the list? if it's ok I'll keep a running total on my blog
bigdaveh

Post by bigdaveh »

STAGGER :!: :!: :!: :roll:
The Stoke TDBA Division.
Janus

Post by Janus »

Wondering if my TD at the RAH ticket from the 70's is still valid :P
http://heyzradio.com
For Tim - Always in our thoughts and hearts, the dream remains the same
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

bigdaveh wrote:

STAGGER :!: :!: :!: :roll:
:? :?
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

The Anglesea Arms is a lovely pub - probably my favourite in the area - but it is about a 20 minute walk to RAH plus is not very big inside (nice forecourt garden though). There is a proper restaurant in the back which used to be one of the best in London, but has gone down hill a bit recently.

The nearest 'huddle' of pubs to RAH are on Gloucester Road - where there is a choice of three... the Gloucester Arms, which ususally has a couple of real ales on, does a bar menu and is ten minutes from RAH but is a bit ordinary. There's a bigger one opposite this which keeps changing its name (not sure what it's called now, but it used to be the 'Black Widow' and was a gothic themed pub...)

This one's probably my fave though: The Builder's Arms
http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/ ... Kensington
- a little harder to find but with an upstairs room we could have for ourselves. Good food and beer too, and would probably get my vote when considering size, location and beer altogether...
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!