Pre-Concert Fan Meeting for Astoria London April 20th 2007

DSJR
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by DSJR »

Sorry - £4 tube tickets?

I used to go to a barbers in Hanway Street (just behind the corner of Oxford St and TCR) - Anselmo Of Venice it was called and the two middle aged guys there were superb at their work - master cutters they were. They've long gone now sadly - it was 1981 when all's said and done. It cost around 10p to go from Bond St to TCR station. An annual season Ticket from Tring to Euston was around £1100 IRC. I think it's around £3-4K now.
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

DSJR wrote:Sorry - £4 tube tickets?

I used to go to a barbers in Hanway Street (just behind the corner of Oxford St and TCR) - Anselmo Of Venice it was called and the two middle aged guys there were superb at their work - master cutters they were. They've long gone now sadly - it was 1981 when all's said and done. It cost around 10p to go from Bond St to TCR station. An annual season Ticket from Tring to Euston was around £1100 IRC. I think it's around £3-4K now.
Everyone uses Oyster cards these days. It's close to half the price of any cash tickets, and much faster for getting on and off buses and trains.

I swear by them, but it is a little disconcerting that your movements can now be tracked all over London (not that I have anything to hide!)
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
24db

Post by 24db »

billythefish wrote:

Everyone uses Oyster cards these days. It's close to half the price of any cash tickets, and much faster for getting on and off buses and trains.

I swear by them, but it is a little disconcerting that your movements can now be tracked all over London (not that I have anything to hide!)
Railway staff get their own Oyster cards that are even cheaper ;)
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

Yes, it's all thanks to the London Mayor's "improvements".... the congestion charge which was supposed to be used to improve public transport there, not make it a rip off the tourists and everyone else t'boot. :x

For some strange reason, every time I go to London I notice one or two women with black eyes (in Harrods last time). Must be more rough than Birmingham as I never see this here.
Last edited by Desert_Voyager on Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
“There are powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge.”
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

24db wrote:
billythefish wrote:

Nice that you get the travel perk Andy. You'd expect NCP to offer free parking for employees. Unfortunately, my only concession is 25% off Airport car parks, if I pre-book (and that includes the one I manage). Tight as a gnat's chuff! :x
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

How do you get an Oyster Card?
“There are powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge.”
24db

Post by 24db »

Hobo wrote:
24db wrote:
billythefish wrote: Everyone uses Oyster cards these days. It's close to half the price of any cash tickets, and much faster for getting on and off buses and trains.

Nice that you get the travel perk Andy. You'd expect NCP to offer free parking for employees. Unfortunately, my only concession is 25% off Airport car parks, if I pre-book (and that includes the one I manage). Tight as a gnat's chuff! :x
it's the only perk left, they've taken everything else away! plus we get taxed as well, so....I might as well get the most ut of it.

I thought you got 25% of tarmac, provided you can carry it home ;)
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

Desert_Voyager wrote:How do you get an Oyster Card?
Most newsagents now, any tube or train station, and on-line... mine automatically tops up everytime the credit drops below £5, and I can log on to find out where I've been... very useful for those drunken forays into unknown London :wink:
24db

Post by 24db »

billythefish wrote:
Most newsagents now, any tube or train station, and on-line... mine automatically tops up everytime the credit drops below £5, and I can log on to find out where I've been... very useful for those drunken forays into unknown London :wink:
through the transport for London site!
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

billythefish wrote:
Mmmmm...tells you where you've been, but not what you've done! :roll: :wink:
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
redziller

Post by redziller »

billythefish wrote:Various snapshots from the evening (trying not to post duplicates of others' already excellent documents :-)

:D
Thank goodness Stephen - I thought I'd imagined all that!
imho

TD

/ did \
- does - ROCK!
\ will /

https://shiningpyramid.bandcamp.com/releases

http://www.redziller.co.uk/ffp/ TD video game
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

redziller wrote:
billythefish wrote:Various snapshots from the evening (trying not to post duplicates of others' already excellent documents :-)

:D
Thank goodness Stephen - I thought I'd imagined all that!
No! Not at all! - Not to mention our 'trip' down Oxford Street :wink: :wink: :wink:
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

billythefish wrote:

Uh oh!! He's in Soho again. :wink:
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Nice hotels here smack in the middle of everything you need in Cardiff

http://www.theroyalhotelcardiff.com/

http://www.hotelclub.net/hotel.reservat ... ardiff.htm
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:Nice hotels here smack in the middle of everything you need in Cardiff

http://www.theroyalhotelcardiff.com/

http://www.hotelclub.net/hotel.reservat ... ardiff.htm
should we have this as the official hotel? otherwise people will be all over the place