Your Favourite TD Concert Entrance

Chris Monk
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Chris Monk »

bigdaveh wrote:Just looking I paid £4 for my ticket at the Apollo Manchester in 1980
That was my first ever TD show. It totally blew me away. Never been the same since.
bigdaveh

Post by bigdaveh »

Chris Monk wrote:
bigdaveh wrote:Just looking I paid £4 for my ticket at the Apollo Manchester in 1980
That was my first ever TD show. It totally blew me away. Never been the same since.
Your right the 80's were great. :D
The Stoke TDBA Division.
Peter Beasley

Post by Peter Beasley »

24db wrote: mind you the cheap seats were right behind the band,,,so you couldn't see a thing and the PA was pointing away from you
I had a 50p ticket for the Royal Albert Hall in '75 and it was a great seat and sound. Very high up, but a great aerial view with no obstructions.

As regards differences with costs between those days and now. One way to look at it is the comparison between concert tickets and albums. The top prices for tickets in the mid 70s were around £2.50 - £2.75, roughly the same price of an LP. Now CDs can easily be bought for under £10. How many top gigs can you get into for under a tenner?
24db

Post by 24db »

Peter Beasley wrote:
24db wrote: mind you the cheap seats were right behind the band,,,so you couldn't see a thing and the PA was pointing away from you
I had a 50p ticket for the Royal Albert Hall in '75 and it was a great seat and sound. Very high up, but a great aerial view with no obstructions.

As regards differences with costs between those days and now. One way to look at it is the comparison between concert tickets and albums. The top prices for tickets in the mid 70s were around £2.50 - £2.75, roughly the same price of an LP. Now CDs can easily be bought for under £10. How many top gigs can you get into for under a tenner?
one of the best gigs I've been to in the last 2 years was in Glasgow, it was to see Sara Berg (Swedish electronic pop)...and the cost? £4

I still have the cutting where somebody was moaning they couldn't see the stage at one of TD's RAH gigs. Nice to see some things haven't changed all these years later...there's always somebody whinging ;)
Peter Beasley

Post by Peter Beasley »

24db wrote:I still have the cutting where somebody was moaning they couldn't see the stage at one of TD's RAH gigs. Nice to see some things haven't changed all these years later...there's always somebody whinging ;)
Given the circular shape of the Royal Albert Hall with many of the seats not even facing the stage and the willingness of promoters to sell tickets for seats behind the stage with an obstructed view, complaints are not surprising.

Have a look at the photos of the 1976 RAH gig on Andy's blog for proof of this. Some people had a lovely view of a white sheet.
24db

Post by 24db »

Peter Beasley wrote:
24db wrote:I still have the cutting where somebody was moaning they couldn't see the stage at one of TD's RAH gigs. Nice to see some things haven't changed all these years later...there's always somebody whinging ;)
Given the circular shape of the Royal Albert Hall with many of the seats not even facing the stage and the willingness of promoters to sell tickets for seats behind the stage with an obstructed view, complaints are not surprising.

Have a look at the photos of the 1976 RAH gig on Andy's blog for proof of this. Some people had a lovely view of a white sheet.
I know..it's my blog ;)
Peter Beasley

Post by Peter Beasley »

24db wrote:I know..it's my blog ;)
I'm fully aware of that Andy. I was addressing the forum.
24db

Post by 24db »

Peter Beasley wrote:
24db wrote:I know..it's my blog ;)
I'm fully aware of that Andy. I was addressing the forum.
sorry mate
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

Pink Floyd Money Tour Stafford bingley hall £1
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache