Your Favourite TD Concert Entrance

GAZZ
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by GAZZ »

i have three favourite openings to TD gigs and i'm sorry but i can't pick just one of them out. they are then.... waterborne, logos [as that was my first TD gig] and pilots of purple twilight [86 tour] all fantastic pieces to open up and only made you want more of the same :roll: :roll: TD yorkshire division
NAVEL OF LIGHT

Post by NAVEL OF LIGHT »

While we're on the subject, and im sure its been raised before, at the beginning of Logos when the introducer says, 'thank you for been patient' (followed by an s'awlright :-)), what happened so he had to apologise? was anyone here, there in '82 and can give us a write up?
24db

Post by 24db »

NAVEL OF LIGHT wrote:While we're on the subject, and im sure its been raised before, at the beginning of Logos when the introducer says, 'thank you for been patient' (followed by an s'awlright :-)), what happened so he had to apologise? was anyone here, there in '82 and can give us a write up?
it started 40-45 minutes late (or at least the doors opened late)...so we were standing around for ages. I know for a fact there was an afternoon gig as I spoke to somebody who went to it at a recent fan meet, so it's possible they had equipment problems that delayed the evening gig. I should ask their manager one day

Proof I was there, I might have mentioned this before ;)
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:
NAVEL OF LIGHT wrote:While we're on the subject, and im sure its been raised before, at the beginning of Logos when the introducer says, 'thank you for been patient' (followed by an s'awlright :-)), what happened so he had to apologise? was anyone here, there in '82 and can give us a write up?
it started 40-45 minutes late (or at least the doors opened late)...so we were standing around for ages. I know for a fact there was an afternoon gig as I spoke to somebody who went to it at a recent fan meet, so it's possible they had equipment problems that delayed the evening gig. I should ask their manager one day

Awesome show mate,must have been great to have been there 8)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

I liked the shows in the 90s where Ambient Monkeys was playing and it gradually got louder before the curtain went down...was that the Tournado tour?
24db

Post by 24db »

cantosis wrote:I liked the shows in the 90s where Ambient Monkeys was playing and it gradually got louder before the curtain went down...was that the Tournado tour?
either 96 or 97 Matt, I seem to remember they had some monotinous green lights playing across the audience for an hour as well
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

cantosis wrote:I liked the shows in the 90s where Ambient Monkeys was playing and it gradually got louder before the curtain went down...was that the Tournado tour?
97 tour it was,great concerts IMHO 8)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote:

Awesome show mate,must have been great to have been there 8)
Fantastic gig...and VERY LOUD, even in row Z :)
timer

Post by timer »

24db wrote:

Weve never heard anything about you attending this gig Andy ! :wink:
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

timer wrote:
24db wrote:

Weve never heard anything about you attending this gig Andy ! :wink:

If I could go back in time for one TD gig I would pick that one, I love the CD.
NAVEL OF LIGHT

Post by NAVEL OF LIGHT »

24db wrote:

wow would you look at that? Just £4.50 a ticket. I got my ticket from the Hammersmith Odeon in '86 and it cost £5. So between 82 and 86, ticket prices went up by 50p! Now with booking fees, postage fees and im on the end of the phone so can charge you what i like fees. Your looking at around £30 . :-(
24db

Post by 24db »

cheap tickets? ;)

16.6.74 (sunday) Tangerine Dream live at the Victoria Palace, London, England, introduced by John Peel. Tickets from 75p available from Virgin Record Shops and the Theatre Box Office. Recorded by the Virgin mobile recording studio (First UK date)

or

2.4.75 Tangerine Dream live at the Royal Albert Hall, London, England. Introduced by John Peel. 7.30PM (Wednesday). In Quadrophonic. Michael Hoeing replaces Peter Baumann. Tickets 50p, 80p, £1.25 & £1.50, with a special discount of 25% from Virgin Shops. Tickets also available from London Theatre Bookings, 96 Shaftesbury Avenue, W1
NAVEL OF LIGHT

Post by NAVEL OF LIGHT »

24db wrote:cheap tickets? ;)

16.6.74 (sunday) Tangerine Dream live at the Victoria Palace, London, England, introduced by John Peel. Tickets from 75p available from Virgin Record Shops and the Theatre Box Office. Recorded by the Virgin mobile recording studio (First UK date)

or

2.4.75 Tangerine Dream live at the Royal Albert Hall, London, England. Introduced by John Peel. 7.30PM (Wednesday). In Quadrophonic. Michael Hoeing replaces Peter Baumann. Tickets 50p, 80p, £1.25 & £1.50, with a special discount of 25% from Virgin Shops. Tickets also available from London Theatre Bookings, 96 Shaftesbury Avenue, W1
blimey! To be at the Royal Albert Hall gig would of been priceless! Woulda treated myself to the expensive seats too although i was only 4 years old :-) :-) Mind you, what were wages like back then? Dad says he was on about £20 a week! I wouldnt get out of bed for that! lol (afterthought. I have trouble getting out of bed anytime to be honest :-).
24db

Post by 24db »

NAVEL OF LIGHT wrote:
24db wrote:cheap tickets? ;)

or

blimey! To be at the Royal Albert Hall gig would of been priceless! Woulda treated myself to the expensive seats too although i was only 4 years old :-) :-) Mind you, what were wages like back then? Dad says he was on about £20 a week! I wouldnt get out of bed for that! lol (afterthought. I have trouble getting out of bed anytime to be honest :-).
mind you the cheap seats were right behind the band,,,so you couldn't see a thing and the PA was pointing away from you
bigdaveh

Post by bigdaveh »

Just looking I paid £4 for my ticket at the Apollo Manchester in 1980 and £3.50 for Schulze at the Venue in 1982.
The Stoke TDBA Division.