TD live at the Shepherds Bush Empire in 2005

epsilon75
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by epsilon75 »

Echosnare wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:Im not kidding you and i know ive said it already,but the more i think of St David's Hall in Cardiff the more i feel it would suit them down to the ground...........Ive seen Yes there on their Orchestral Tour and Jethro Tull this year,also saw Anderson and Wakeman there in October........If TD want to really branch out to an even wider audience,these are the places to go............all IMHO of course :wink:
I know it's not Mainland or Eastern Europe, but Cardiff in Welsh Wales is foreign, innit? :P :wink:
Um well theres lots of sheep but foreign :? sort of to the scots i suppose :wink:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
la sagesse du destin

Post by la sagesse du destin »

Iwas in the concert of paris 02.02.81 and in the sbe 2005.
Of course ,the music was great in the two shows.
Now ,with td tree or bootmoon every fan know that paris 81 was great with very good tracks (silver scale ...)with good ambience in the end.
But I think that in a show as the sbe 2005 ,the ambience was better because there were only hardfans.It's so good for the feeling between the musicians and the peoples.
Paris 81 was fantastic for me and is again a big memory from my life but i remember that by near me they were people just curious to see an electronic band (it's respectable) and i heard "pink floyd is better"or others peoples here just for smoking grassy substances.The really fans were ,i think ,only 50% of the assistance.
Now every fan has a big complicity with the music of td from so long time ,and i was feeling it in the sbe 2005.

It's important for the quality of the show.

It' s impossible to forget a show as the sbe 2005
i'm waiting the dvd

Charles
Infinite thanks to all the peoples from Eastgate and TD for the Japan Raffle.
www.tangram-dream.fr
24db

Post by 24db »

la sagesse du destin wrote:Iwas in the concert of paris 02.02.81 and in the sbe 2005.
Of course ,the music was great in the two shows.
Now ,with td tree or bootmoon every fan know that paris 81 was great with very good tracks (silver scale ...)with good ambience in the end.
But I think that in a show as the sbe 2005 ,the ambience was better because there were only hardfans.It's so good for the feeling between the musicians and the peoples.
Paris 81 was fantastic for me and is again a big memory from my life but i remember that by near me they were people just curious to see an electronic band (it's respectable) and i heard "pink floyd is better"or others peoples here just for smoking grassy substances.The really fans were ,i think ,only 50% of the assistance.
Now every fan has a big complicity with the music of td from so long time ,and i was feeling it in the sbe 2005.

It's important for the quality of the show.

It' s impossible to forget a show as the sbe 2005
i'm waiting the dvd

Charles
I agree that the SBE was a brilliant night and (mostly) got rid of the bad feelings I had with seeing TD perform the year before in London. However, 'for me' the 81 concerts always edge it, as most of the music was new, TD still had a mystic around them, the technology was something I hadn't seen before....and the music (and volume) was stunning. The audience aspect didn't come in to it, I didn't know anyother fans at this point, therefore there was 'only' the music, with no social aspect.
Since then TD have themselves opened up, showing a great warmth with their audience, which has brought in some newer fans but as led to a rather more tradiition concert which has put some people off as well.
logos

TD live at SBE in 2005

Post by logos »

This is my first post and my English is not very well but I try my best...

I listen TD music from 1980 (Tangram was my first album and I have all of the official releases until now) but I have seen TD Live concerts only in the last years:

Barcelona 2004
SBE 2005
Tempodrom 2006

For me the SBE 2005 concert is the best of these and, probably, the most consistent from many years ago:

1.- The track list was excellent with a very good balance between the "classic" songs (more than 1 hour) and the "recent" songs.

2.- The sound quality was very good (better than Tempodrom for me).

3.- The atmosphere was also better at SBE.

I hope that TD includes several "classic" songs during the expected 2007 concerts!!!

Happy New Year from Barcelona for all the TD community in the World!!!

The Dream is always the same...
Hobo

Re: TD live at SBE in 2005

Post by Hobo »

logos wrote:This is my first post and my English is not very well but I try my best...

I listen TD music from 1980 (Tangram was my first album and I have all of the official releases until now) but I have seen TD Live concerts only in the last years:

Barcelona 2004
SBE 2005
Tempodrom 2006

For me the SBE 2005 concert is the best of these and, probably, the most consistent from many years ago:

1.- The track list was excellent with a very good balance between the "classic" songs (more than 1 hour) and the "recent" songs.

I hope that TD includes several "classic" songs during the expected 2007 concerts!!!

Welcome logos. SBE 2005 was a magical night, let's hope the sound quality is ok on the promised DVD. BTW, your English is very good.
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
24db

Post by 24db »

logos wrote:This is my first post and my English is not very well but I try my best...

Barcelona 2004
SBE 2005
Tempodrom 2006

Excellent post Logos. Btw going by the DVD of the Tempodrom gig and comparing it to the SBE I think the lighting was better in London as well.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:

Barcelona 2004
SBE 2005
Tempodrom 2006

Excellent post Logos. Btw going by the DVD of the Tempodrom gig and comparing it to the SBE I think the lighting was better in London as well.

The Lighting was definately better at SBE...............and a lot more colourful.............i just wish voiceprint would hurry up and get this released :arrow:
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote:

Barcelona 2004
SBE 2005
Tempodrom 2006

The Lighting was definately better at SBE...............and a lot more colourful.............i just wish voiceprint would hurry up and get this released :arrow:
Yep, those spindly lights worked quite well at the SBE, especially when they were pulsing across the stage. I've got to admit I miss TD's back projected lights (they've stopped doing this now)
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote:

Barcelona 2004
SBE 2005
Tempodrom 2006

But they are known for taking their time.
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Hobo wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote: Excellent post Logos. Btw going by the DVD of the Tempodrom gig and comparing it to the SBE I think the lighting was better in London as well.

But they are known for taking their time.

They have had the Oriental Haze (promo) clip available for some time now,so i suppose the release is immenent...............well maybe xmas time :lol:
harmonicaman

Post by harmonicaman »

Regarding the DVD os the 2005 Shepherds Bush show, I'm looking forward to it eagerly as I was at the show, and at tempodrome as well so I feel pretty spoiled :P

But ask any Hawkwind fan, me being one I can attest to multiple delays when it comes to voiceprint [who are relasing the dvd], its easy to get impatient and irritated. But as a Hawk fan I have learned to wait, and be disappointed when the date is put back, and wait some more.

:(
DSJR

Post by DSJR »

Echosnare wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:Im not kidding you and i know ive said it already,but the more i think of St David's Hall in Cardiff the more i feel it would suit them down to the ground...........Ive seen Yes there on their Orchestral Tour and Jethro Tull this year,also saw Anderson and Wakeman there in October........If TD want to really branch out to an even wider audience,these are the places to go............all IMHO of course :wink:
I know it's not Mainland or Eastern Europe, but Cardiff in Welsh Wales is foreign, innit? :P :wink:
Watch it sonny,... watch it :D
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

Here's my concert report. :)
http://td.pertou.dk/eng-live.htm
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Pertou wrote:Here's my concert report. :)

Brings back some awesome unforgettable memories.............this was streets ahead of the SBE 2001 show 8)
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:
Pertou wrote:Here's my concert report. :)

Brings back some awesome unforgettable memories.............this was streets ahead of the SBE 2001 show 8)
totally agree and the lighting was er feeble to say the least, as was the Astoria's (has to be the worst light show TD have ever used I think)