TD live at the Shepherds Bush Empire in 2005

epsilon75
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
Pertou wrote:Here's my concert report. :)
http://td.pertou.dk/eng-live.htm

Brings back some awesome unforgettable memories.............this was streets ahead of the SBE 2001 show 8)
totally agree and the lighting was er feeble to say the least, as was the Astoria's (has to be the worst light show TD have ever used I think)

You are 100% correct...............those two light shows were very mediocre to say the least,and it certainly did not do their 2003 performance justice :? 2001 has to be one of their most half-hearted performances i have seen,it was ok but not what they can produce. :o
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
ambientlive

Re: London Dominion

Post by ambientlive »

ngc891 wrote:Reminded me of "Is it memorex or is it live"
That's particularly apt for the SBE2005 show ?
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

ambientlive wrote:
:shock: :shock: :lol: :lol:
Taximan431

Post by Taximan431 »

Regardsless of what it is one thing for sure it was an awesome performance from TD one I hope to see on DVD sometime soon.
the TD music that night was very captivating....

:!: :arrow: :idea: :D 8) Geoff greetings from Carmel
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

Taximan431 wrote:Regardsless of what it is one thing for sure it was an awesome performance from TD one I hope to see on DVD sometime soon.

:!: :arrow: :idea: :D 8) Geoff greetings from Carmel
Geoff, how do you get from place to place so quickly?
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

[quote="Taximan431"]Regardsless of what it is one thing for sure it was an awesome performance from TD one I hope to see on DVD sometime soon.

:!: :arrow: :idea: :D 8)

Cant agree more Geoff...........certainly one for the memory :D :cry:
24db

Post by 24db »

ambientlive wrote:
You're consistant with your views, I'll give you that
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

TANGERINE DREAM------------I love You :P
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

epsilon75 wrote:TANGERINE DREAM------------I love You :P
Yes.....but where's the sodding DVD?
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Hobo wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:TANGERINE DREAM------------I love You :P
Yes.....but where's the sodding DVD?

Im beginning to think we will never see it :oops: :cry:
ant

Post by ant »

:D Brilliant!! Just got an e-mail from Voiceprint and have ordered the special 2-disc edition of the SBE gig. The first 750 are signed by Edgar himself so get in quick!! It would appear they must already be released as the confirmation e-mail says it will be dispatched shortly. Can't wait as this was one of the best TD performances for a long long time. Hope the sound is good?? Either way it will just be great to watch it again (and again, and again). :D :D :D
Biggus Dickus
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

yep see the music thread on this

I ordered mine at 09.00 gmt

be quick they are moving fast :D :arrow:
...The wise.....are silent.....
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

Placed my order for the DVD (signed copy) and the triple cd. Bit annoyed that once again Voiceprint failed to email me. Just be careful when ordering as I was automatically offered an unsigned DVD and had to change the order!
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

shizer, I forgot to order the triple CD

am off to do so :arrow:
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

FYI : the email I received at 08.00 GMT

Tangerine Dream:

Phaedra 35th Anniversary Concert

Live At Shepherds Bush

Tangerine Dream are German-based purveyors of imaginative electronic music. There have been numerous line-ups since the band's formation in September1967, although Edgar Froese has remained at the head of affairs throughout. Edgar Froese put together Tangerine Dream.

Tangerine Dream's impressive live reputation dates back to the early 70's.As their shows tended to be completely improvised. From these live improvisations came several of the bands early successful albums including Phaedra, "Zeit" and "Ricochet". In 1977 the band released a double live album recorded in America on Richard Branson's fledgling Virgin label entitled "Encore".

The band moved on in the eighties and nineties into film soundtrack work which was a genre the band had tentatively moved into in the late seventies. In this particular area the band have been particularly successful. The band continues in the present led by founder member Edgar Froese and celebrates their fortieth anniversary in 2007.

The thirty fifth anniversary concert is a concert that found the band celebrating the recording of the landmark album Phaedra. The concert which was filmed on the 11th of June 2005 was performed in front of a sell out audience and featured material from Phaedra alongside newer, more recent material. The band which features Thorsten Quaeschning, Linda Spa, Jerome Froese and Iris Camaa were filmed and recorded for this landmark concert and perform many pieces from the bands lengthy career including Phaedra '05, Rubycon Pt.1, Force Majeure, Logos and a cover of the Jimi Hendrix classic Purple Haze.

Initial quantities of the DVD will be released in a limited digi-pack format with two discs with disc one containing the concert and disc two containing interviews with the band and also extra footage of the band during the sound check and interviews with fans before and after the concert. The second disc is rounded out with a slideshow of images taken during the concert. This package will be limited to just 2,000 copies before reverting to the standard single disc release featuring just the concert footage.

In Addition to this 750 Copies of the DVD have been personally signed by Edgar Froese

This DVD and the accompanying live CD (which will be a separate release) are released in the year in which the Tangerine Dream will release their latest studio album and also celebrate their fortieth anniversary, interest in this band will be higher than usual for the leaders in the electronic music field.

To buy this limited edition, check details or watch a low resolution trailer for the releases please go to:

http://www.tangerinedreamdvd.com/
THE SIGNED EDITION WILL BE RELEASED ON A FIRST COME FIRST SERVED BASIS.

BM is now a broken man what with another VIGIL :arrow: