TD live at the Shepherds Bush Empire in 2005

Desert_Voyager
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Desert_Voyager »

24db wrote:
Desert_Voyager wrote:
24db wrote: To be honest (sorry SBE) the place is a bit of a dump, but at least the sound isn't too bad and you can see the stage ok from 'most' areas

Please, please, please.... I hope it's a different venue to the Sheperd's Bush Dump; where the security make you dispose of your provisions necessary for the long journey home, late a night.
to be fair I don't think TD have ever found an ideal hall in London, the Astoria was hardly the Radio City hall either, the Royal Festival Hall had no leg room...ouch! and the old Hammersmith Odeon really need to be done up (I hear they eventually spent some money on it....years after TD stopped playing there)...Woah....hang on, I've just thought about the best venue....the Dominion, that was probably the best hall I've seen them play at, acoustics were great, seats were fine, good view, central London location and it's near to tube and mainline stations.
Sadly the Odeon at New St Birmingham doesn't do concerts anymore; that was a good size for a gig. Symphony Hall was too big and seemed too formal.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Im not kidding you and i know ive said it already,but the more i think of St David's Hall in Cardiff the more i feel it would suit them down to the ground...........Ive seen Yes there on their Orchestral Tour and Jethro Tull this year,also saw Anderson and Wakeman there in October........If TD want to really branch out to an even wider audience,these are the places to go............all IMHO of course :wink:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:Im not kidding you and i know ive said it already,but the more i think of St David's Hall in Cardiff the more i feel it would suit them down to the ground...........Ive seen Yes there on their Orchestral Tour and Jethro Tull this year,also saw Anderson and Wakeman there in October........If TD want to really branch out to an even wider audience,these are the places to go............all IMHO of course :wink:
Taxi!
ngc891

London Dominion

Post by ngc891 »

Great Venue, I agree.

My only concern back in 82 was the safety of the chandeliers.

Hell, they resonated during the opening parts of the show.

Reminded me of "Is it memorex or is it live"
The stars are matter, We're matter, But it doesn't matter
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

epsilon75 wrote:Im not kidding you and i know ive said it already,but the more i think of St David's Hall in Cardiff the more i feel it would suit them down to the ground...........Ive seen Yes there on their Orchestral Tour and Jethro Tull this year,also saw Anderson and Wakeman there in October........If TD want to really branch out to an even wider audience,these are the places to go............all IMHO of course :wink:
I've seen a few bands there and have to agree, it's an excellent venue for a band of TD's size. Also it's not too far from Bristol.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Chris Monk wrote:
I've seen a few bands there and have to agree, it's an excellent venue for a band of TD's size. Also it's not too far from Bristol.

Glad you agree on that Chris,im sure this would be a very good venue for the band.................and the acoustics are excellent 8)
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

epsilon75 wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:

Glad you agree on that Chris,im sure this would be a very good venue for the band.................and the acoustics are excellent 8)
Not just the acoustics but the view is also excellent. Nobody is very far from the stage. I saw Joe Satriani there a few months back and we were near the back of the hall but still had a great view.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Actually whilst I'm here I ought to say something about the SBE show since I had the good fortune of being there. :oops:

...errr what more can I say that everybody else hasn't already said. It was one helluva night. Lots of great surprises and lots of good humour. Anyone else remember Edgar's theatrical tossing of his towel into the audience or Linda's broad grin as she stepped on to the stage or Jerome's quick chat with Zlatko when he came on stage clutching one of Zlakto's guitars because he had failed to find his own. :lol:

My personal favourite moments were Edgar's piano solo and hearing Rubycon played live. Magic.
staatsgrenze

Post by staatsgrenze »

Okay there fellas, I just want to see TD again, they have not been here since 1992, so you over there get to have all these great shows and we folks in the U.S. are basically abandoned....... let's do this heh??
24db

Post by 24db »

staatsgrenze wrote:Okay there fellas, I just want to see TD again, they have not been here since 1992, so you over there get to have all these great shows and we folks in the U.S. are basically abandoned....... let's do this heh??
it's a shame that the coast to coast 2001 tour was pulled :( I was looking at the tour list earlier today, yeah 14 years is too long
staatsgrenze

Post by staatsgrenze »

I know of a promoter here personally that does not anything to do with them...... EVER!!!!!!!!

Tis a shame, mind you
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

staatsgrenze wrote:Okay there fellas, I just want to see TD again, they have not been here since 1992, so you over there get to have all these great shows and we folks in the U.S. are basically abandoned....... let's do this heh??

I hope you get your wish staatgrenze,15 years will be a very long time to wait if it eventually comes around............
grasand

Post by grasand »

I have to agree with all the replys here. Shepherds Bush was by far the best concert I have been to. I first saw TD in 1976 at Coventry and was knocked out by them. I have seen them many times since, but SBE will stay with me for ever. All the favourites, together with the more recent material... what more do we need.
timer

Re: London Dominion

Post by timer »

ngc891 wrote:Great Venue, I agree.

My only concern back in 82 was the safety of the chandeliers.

Hell, they resonated during the opening parts of the show.

Reminded me of "Is it memorex or is it live"

Shouldn't think the chandeliers would be too much of a problem, saw Motorhead in there in the early 90's and if they didn't fall during that !.
Echosnare

Post by Echosnare »

I know it's not Mainland or Eastern Europe, but Cardiff in Welsh Wales is foreign, innit? :P :wink: