TD live at the Shepherds Bush Empire in 2005

24db
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

TD live at the Shepherds Bush Empire in 2005

Post by 24db »

So, it's been over a year since this concert (and a DVD is 'still' on the cards). What are your views or memories of what quite a few fans consider to be one of TD's best gigs in decades? It'll be interesting to see whether our opinions have changed ;)

corrected

http://thearchive4.mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/
Last edited by 24db on Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
la sagesse du destin

Post by la sagesse du destin »

I was in the sbe 2005 but not in the tempodrom
When i see the dvd tempodrom,i think it was really a very great show with a good choice of tracks and lovely pictures behind the members.

But i think that sbe 2005 was a little better for these reasons:
1 :The spectators were rigt up and this is better for the atmosphere.
2 :We heard more than an half hour of seventies tracks (tangetized i know ) but it was historic.
3:It was the first apparitation from Thorsten and the come back from Linda

All the shows from td are great but this one....

Charles
Infinite thanks to all the peoples from Eastgate and TD for the Japan Raffle.
www.tangram-dream.fr
24db

Post by 24db »

la sagesse du destin wrote:I was in the sbe 2005 but not in the tempodrom
When i see the dvd tempodrom,i think it was really a very great show with a good choice of tracks and lovely pictures behind the members.

But i think that sbe 2005 was a little better for these reasons:
1 :The spectators were rigt up and this is better for the atmosphere.
2 :We heard more than an half hour of seventies tracks (tangetized i know ) but it was historic.
3:It was the first apparitation from Thorsten and the come back from Linda

All the shows from td are great but this one....

Charles
Got to agree, 'for me' it was surprises that made this show (although, and I've got to be honest here I didn't like the 70's stuff, I found it a bit boring).
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

The SBE show was nothing short of stupendous,we had Linda come on stage for "Oriental Haze" which i did not expect but is always a welcome for the beauty as well has her playing prowess.

We got "Rubycon" which for me was the creme de la creme as i thought i would never hear it within the "Live" setting and the wonderful "Choronzon" and very unexpected "Midnight in Tula" amongst other's.

I think the aspect of the concert that stood out was the unique atmosphere on the evening itself,so many happy faces and heads bobbing to the music and somehow i knew this was going to be a special day after the great pre concert fan meeting which included "Steve Jolliffe",
"Paul Lawler" and John Christian of Airsculpture amongst other's..

For me it was also a very special personal moment as i got my first photo with Edgar after many years of trying,he had been more illusive than Lord Lucan to me,so maybe some of you can NOW understand why i do get a little excited.

A simply wonderful evening with not a boring passage to my eyes and ears,and one which will stick in the memory for many years..
Nobody can ever stop my deep affection for this band,even in death.

I loves them Tangs :D
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Taximan431

SBE 2005

Post by Taximan431 »

epsilon75 wrote:The SBE show was nothing short of stupendous,we had Linda come on stage for "Oriental Haze" which i did not expect but is always a welcome for the beauty as well has her playing prowess.

We got "Rubycon" which for me was the creme de la creme as i thought i would never hear it within the "Live" setting and the wonderful "Choronzon" and very unexpected "Midnight in Tula" amongst other's.

I think the aspect of the concert that stood out was the unique atmosphere on the evening itself,so many happy faces and heads bobbing to the music and somehow i knew this was going to be a special day after the great pre concert fan meeting which included "Steve Jolliffe",

For me it was also a very special personal moment as i got my first photo with Edgar after many years of trying,he had been more illusive than Lord Lucan to me,so maybe some of you can NOW understand why i do get a little excited.

A simply wonderful evening with not a boring passage to my eyes and ears,and one which will stick in the memory for many years..

Totally agree with you Colin fantastic evening ,every TD fan's dream come true......Looks like voiceprint will release this next year :!:

:D :shock: 8) :)
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

epsilon75 wrote:The SBE show was nothing short of stupendous,we had Linda come on stage for "Oriental Haze" which i did not expect but is always a welcome for the beauty as well has her playing prowess.

Couldn't agree more Colin. It was an unforgettable evening and for the first hour and a quarter, I was completely awestruck (I even forgot to visit the bar). If 2007 brings just one more night like that, I'm a very happy man!
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
Six By Nine

Post by Six By Nine »

"We heard more than an half hour of seventies tracks (tangetized i know ) but it was historic."

Charles[/quote]

For me the live setting is the perfect arena for reinterpretting old classics (tangetizing if you prefer), and that's where I'd prefer it to stay!

For a personal point of view SBE 05 had 2 distinct halves, the first half of classics done in a modern style - superb, and the best TD performance since the 86 tour! The 2nd half of more recent stuff with the sax and guitar was not to my taste. This was also the view of the non TD fan that accompained me.

However, at the end of the day, you can't please everyone and I guess the balance of the show was right.

Roll on more shows on 07!!
staatsgrenze

Post by staatsgrenze »

Have heard much about Sheperd's Bush, one of these day's I'll visit the UK and see this place, I have the Ozric's "Pongmasters Ball" on dvd from there
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

Six By Nine wrote:"We heard more than an half hour of seventies tracks (tangetized i know ) but it was historic."

Charles
For me the live setting is the perfect arena for reinterpretting old classics (tangetizing if you prefer), and that's where I'd prefer it to stay!

For a personal point of view SBE 05 had 2 distinct halves, the first half of classics done in a modern style - superb, and the best TD performance since the 86 tour! The 2nd half of more recent stuff with the sax and guitar was not to my taste. This was also the view of the non TD fan that accompained me.

However, at the end of the day, you can't please everyone and I guess the balance of the show was right.

Roll on more shows on 07!![/quote]

Pretty close to my experience, as I preferred the first half. The balance was about right I guess, but something like "Cloudburst Flight" as an encore, would have made it perfect for me.

BTW, my wife is not a TD fan and apart from Logos preferred the second half. It seemed to be Iris's contribution that appealed to her most.
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
24db

Post by 24db »

staatsgrenze wrote:Have heard much about Sheperd's Bush, one of these day's I'll visit the UK and see this place, I have the Ozric's "Pongmasters Ball" on dvd from there
To be honest (sorry SBE) the place is a bit of a dump, but at least the sound isn't too bad and you can see the stage ok from 'most' areas

corrected
Last edited by 24db on Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

24db wrote:
staatsgrenze wrote:Have heard much about Sheperd's Bush, one of these day's I'll visit the UK and see this place, I have the Ozric's "Pongmasters Ball" on dvd from there
To be honest (sorry SBE) the place is a bit of a dump, but at least the sound isn't too bad and you can see the stage ok from 'most' areas

Please, please, please.... I hope it's a different venue to the Sheperd's Bush Dump; where the security make you dispose of your provisions necessary for the long journey home, late a night.
24db

Post by 24db »

Desert_Voyager wrote:
24db wrote:

Please, please, please.... I hope it's a different venue to the Sheperd's Bush Dump; where the security make you dispose of your provisions necessary for the long journey home, late a night.
to be fair I don't think TD have ever found an ideal hall in London, the Astoria was hardly the Radio City hall either, the Royal Festival Hall had no leg room...ouch! and the old Hammersmith Odeon really need to be done up (I hear they eventually spent some money on it....years after TD stopped playing there)...Woah....hang on, I've just thought about the best venue....the Dominion, that was probably the best hall I've seen them play at, acoustics were great, seats were fine, good view, central London location and it's near to tube and mainline stations.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:
Desert_Voyager wrote:
24db wrote: To be honest (sorry SBE) the place is a bit of a dump, but at least the sound isn't too bad and you can see the stage ok from 'most' areas

to be fair I don't think TD have ever found an ideal hall in London, the Astoria was hardly the Radio City hall either, the Royal Festival Hall had no leg room...ouch! and the old Hammersmith Odeon really need to be done up (I hear they eventually spent some money on it....years after TD stopped playing there)...Woah....hang on, I've just thought about the best venue....the Dominion, that was probably the best hall I've seen them play at, acoustics were great, seats were fine, good view, central London location and it's near to tube and mainline stations.

I like your style,i for one would love to go to the Dominion 25 years on :idea:
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote:
Desert_Voyager wrote: Please, please, please.... I hope it's a different venue to the Sheperd's Bush Dump; where the security make you dispose of your provisions necessary for the long journey home, late a night.

I like your style,i for one would love to go to the Dominion 25 years on :idea:
Totally agree, all we need to do is get that Queen musical out of the building

Between you and me Colin, I recommended the Natural History Museum to Jerome, for his new record launch...that would be one weird gig! ;)
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

I think it would be an excellent idea,as long as there was a Bar available :idea: