Tangerine Dream
The Official Forum

   * FAQ    * Search   * Login   * Register

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on Performances
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 2054
Location: Stoke
epsilon75 wrote:
bigdaveh wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
bigdaveh wrote:
CJ or Andy send me the link please for tour dates.

Cheers Chaps


Also a concert at Birmingham Odeon 7,11,1980 :wink:

Also played Brum town hall on the 75 tour :)[/quote

Now could it have been 80? I will ask the lady who I went with see if she can remember but we are all a little older now and memory is going :arrow: Oo its gone :roll:



Check your mail :wink: I wont post private links here :wink:


Ok mate Andy sent me a link.

_________________
The Stoke TDBA Division.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2007 4:53 pm
Posts: 2127
Location: surf city, SoCal
Once I get my Time Machine working I'll let you know which TD concert's is my favorite. :lol: :lol: But for now, it's:

London Eye-2008
Rocking out the Bats-2009
Coach House/San Clemente-92
Wiltern Theater-92

. . . .to be continued :wink:

_________________
DREAMING. . . . Now, Then!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:08 pm
Posts: 20418
tdream4ever wrote:
Once I get my Time Machine working I'll let you know which TD concert's is my favorite. :lol: :lol: But for now, it's:

London Eye-2008
Rocking out the Bats-2009
Coach House/San Clemente-92
Wiltern Theater-92

. . . .to be continued :wink:


1978 tour! ;)

_________________
http://thezest-2010.blogspot.co.uk/
small print


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:08 pm
Posts: 20418
Beaubourg wrote:
24db wrote:
No all mate, but quite a few. Not the fault of the band really

And BTW, I share your placement of RFH at the bottom of the list.

I remember the pre-concert fan meet in the hours prior to it. That was certainly the highlight of the evening for me! (hung with the Heiko's, Colin, Billythefish and a few others).

Andy, did we perchance meet then? (And can anyone fill in the blanks who was there?)

I was also at the 2001 SBE show but didn't rendezvous with anyone.


Post a photo of yourself! ;)

_________________
http://thezest-2010.blogspot.co.uk/
small print


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:50 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:37 am
Posts: 138
Location: 'Athens of the North'
24db wrote:
homeless wrote:
All excellent of course:

1# London RFH 2004 (a special day)
2# Edinburgh 2008
3# London SBE 2005
4# Glasgow Apollo 1978
5# Glasgow Apollo 1980
6# Glasgow Apollo 1982
7# Glasgow RCH 1997
8# Manchester Apollo 1981


nice to see a gig from 1978 on that list


That's a no brainer. :wink:

I've never been dissuaded by the opinions of any critic.
TD were still a real 'novelty' away back then, don't forget.
Maybe 'novelty' is the wrong word to use, but it's the best I can find.
I didn't read 70's music rags and reviews to tell me what was cool
and what wasn't.

Also remember, the 70's had a completely different cultural ambience
with many diverse musical colours at the same time, not like today's
music scene which doesn't compare.
The 78 Cyclone tour was happening when Alternative & Punk was at its
rabid peak.

It was a ray of sunshine in a very violent tempest.

(No irony intended)


homeless


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:50 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:51 pm
Posts: 14861
Location: 1975
homeless wrote:
24db wrote:
homeless wrote:
All excellent of course:

1# London RFH 2004 (a special day)
2# Edinburgh 2008
3# London SBE 2005
4# Glasgow Apollo 1978
5# Glasgow Apollo 1980
6# Glasgow Apollo 1982
7# Glasgow RCH 1997
8# Manchester Apollo 1981


nice to see a gig from 1978 on that list


That's a no brainer. :wink:

I've never been dissuaded by the opinions of any critic.
TD were still a real 'novelty' away back then, don't forget.
Maybe 'novelty' is the wrong word to use, but it's the best I can find.
I didn't read 70's music rags and reviews to tell me what was cool
and what wasn't.

Also remember, the 70's had a completely different cultural ambience
with many diverse musical colours at the same time, not like today's
music scene which doesn't compare.

The 78 Cyclone tour was happening when Alternative & Punk was at its
rabid peak.

It was a ray of sunshine in a very violent tempest.

(No irony intended)


homeless



I agree..... :D

_________________
...The wise.....are silent.....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:29 pm
Posts: 13
bigmoog wrote:
homeless wrote:
24db wrote:
homeless wrote:
All excellent of course:

1# London RFH 2004 (a special day)
2# Edinburgh 2008
3# London SBE 2005
4# Glasgow Apollo 1978
5# Glasgow Apollo 1980
6# Glasgow Apollo 1982
7# Glasgow RCH 1997
8# Manchester Apollo 1981


nice to see a gig from 1978 on that list


That's a no brainer. :wink:

I've never been dissuaded by the opinions of any critic.
TD were still a real 'novelty' away back then, don't forget.
Maybe 'novelty' is the wrong word to use, but it's the best I can find.
I didn't read 70's music rags and reviews to tell me what was cool
and what was.

Also remember, the 70's had a completely different cultural ambience
with many diverse musical colours at the same time, not like today's
music scene which doesn't compare.

The 78 Cyclone tour was happening when Alternative & Punk was at its
rabid peak.

It was a ray of sunshine in a very violent tempest.

(No irony intended)


homeless



I agree..... :D


01# London Hammersmith Odeon 1978 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
02# London SBE 2005
03# London RAH 2010
04# Loreley Germany 2008
05# Ipswich Gaumont 1980
06# Ipswich Gaumont 1981
07# Hammersmith Odeon 1981
08# Hammersmith Odeon 1986
09# London Astoria 2007
10# London SBE 2001
11# London astoria 2003
12# Hammersmith Odeon 1990

Biggest Regret: not going to the Dominion Gig :cry:

The 1978 gig will always be special to me; the atmosphere was electric (& somewhat "smoky") & they were never to wrestle with the analogue improvs again. Peter had left, but Chris was still there. Klaus' drumkit was enormous. Steve J seemed possessed or mad or both (& before the SBE 2001 gig, I finally got to shake his hand & thank him for my favourite gig EVER). First time I ever saw lasers as well. I was 15 years old & my parents told my school that I'd been to London on a cultural trip. They were so right!

SBE 2005 was special because I never really expected to hear that Ricochet opening; it actually had me crying & I was not the only one!

SBE 2001 was the first time that I met some of you at a pre gig meet, for which I thank you...

Astoria 2007 was when I finally got to shake Edgars' hand & thank him for providing the soundtrack to my life...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:08 pm
Posts: 20418
1. Dominion Theatre, London, 1982 (evening concert)
2. Hammersmith Odeon, London, 1981
3. The Royal Albert Hall, London, 2010
4. Hammersmith Odeon, London, 1986
5. Shepherd's Bush Empire, London, 2005
6. The Picture House, Edinburgh, 2008
7. Oper Alte, Frankfurt, 2007
8. The Forum, Kentish Town, London, 2008
9. Shepherd's Bush Empire, London, 1996
10. Astoria, London, 2003
11. Astoria, London, 2007
12. TUe, Eindhoven, 2008
13. Shepherd's Bush Empire, London, 1997
14. Shepherd's Bush Empire, London, 2001
15. Hammersmith Odeon, London, 1990
16. The Zitadelle, Spandau, Berlin, 2009
17. Royal Festival Hall, London, 2004


revised list


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 12:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 13, 2007 12:37 am
Posts: 104
Location: Bucks, England
1980 - Manchester Apollo
1980 - Liverpool Royal Court
1981 – Manchester
1982 - Manchester Apollo
1978 - Manchester Apollo
1990 - Manchester Apollo
2010 - Royal Albert Hall
2005 - Shepherd Bush Empire
2007 - Astoria, London
2008 - Forum Kentish Town – My least favourite!

One in 1986 and I'm pretty sure I also saw them once or twice between 90 and 05, but again my memory lets me down!!

I'm amazed you guys can remember them all!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 2:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:28 pm
Posts: 586
Location: Airbrushing the Velvet Landscape
London, Royal Albert Hall - 2010
London, Kentish Town, The Forum - 2008
Sheffield City Hall - 1986
Bradford St Georges Hall - 1986
Manchester Apollo - 1997

_________________
You can take a horse to water but you can't make it drink...but if you get it to float's on it's back then you've got something...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:08 pm
Posts: 20418
stygof wrote:
bigmoog wrote:
homeless wrote:
24db wrote:
homeless wrote:
All excellent of course:

1# London RFH 2004 (a special day)
2# Edinburgh 2008
3# London SBE 2005
4# Glasgow Apollo 1978
5# Glasgow Apollo 1980
6# Glasgow Apollo 1982
7# Glasgow RCH 1997
8# Manchester Apollo 1981


nice to see a gig from 1978 on that list


That's a no brainer. :wink:

I've never been dissuaded by the opinions of any critic.
TD were still a real 'novelty' away back then, don't forget.
Maybe 'novelty' is the wrong word to use, but it's the best I can find.
I didn't read 70's music rags and reviews to tell me what was cool
and what was.

Also remember, the 70's had a completely different cultural ambience
with many diverse musical colours at the same time, not like today's
music scene which doesn't compare.

The 78 Cyclone tour was happening when Alternative & Punk was at its
rabid peak.

It was a ray of sunshine in a very violent tempest.

(No irony intended)


homeless



I agree..... :D


01# London Hammersmith Odeon 1978 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
02# London SBE 2005
03# London RAH 2010
04# Loreley Germany 2008
05# Ipswich Gaumont 1980
06# Ipswich Gaumont 1981
07# Hammersmith Odeon 1981
08# Hammersmith Odeon 1986
09# London Astoria 2007
10# London SBE 2001
11# London astoria 2003
12# Hammersmith Odeon 1990

Biggest Regret: not going to the Dominion Gig :cry:



Ugh!

_________________
http://thezest-2010.blogspot.co.uk/
small print


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:40 pm
Posts: 1539
Location: Madagasmala
:D Has to be the Alte Oper 7/10/2007. Lots of great memories from this little expedition to Frankfurt. 8) 8) 8) :arrow:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:46 pm
Posts: 24409
Location: Apatheticville
prophetfive wrote:
:D Has to be the Alte Oper 7/10/2007. Lots of great memories from this little expedition to Frankfurt. 8) 8) 8) :arrow:


And lots of binding :P :P :)

_________________
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:32 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 1:17 am
Posts: 1638
Location: Somerset
1 Birmingham New Street Odeon 1986 / London RAH 2010
2 London SBE 1996
3 London Astoria 2007
4 London SBE 2005
5 Birmingham Symphony Hall 1997


Last edited by Desert_Voyager on Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:40 pm
Posts: 1539
Location: Madagasmala
epsilon75 wrote:
prophetfive wrote:
:D Has to be the Alte Oper 7/10/2007. Lots of great memories from this little expedition to Frankfurt. 8) 8) 8) :arrow:


And lots of binding :P :P :)
:D Awesome pint of beer, Col. Another gig in Frankfurt/Berlin would be great. :wink: :arrow:


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic     Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on Performances All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7 [ 98 posts ] 

 
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum


Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group | Design by Homestage