Tangerine Dream
The Official Forum

   * FAQ    * Search   * Login   * Register

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on Performances
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:46 pm
Posts: 24409
Location: Apatheticville
The person who told me i believe 100% ,and i think that person is probably in a very good position to comment on it.

I have absolutely no reason to doubt the person or the information supplied,it seems to me there are people out there that think CF played every sequence whilst he was within TD,this is very far from true,simple as that.

END :arrow:

_________________
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.


Last edited by epsilon75 on Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:08 pm
Posts: 20418
epsilon75 wrote:
The person who told me i believe 100% ,and i think that person is probably in a very good position to comment on it.

I have absolutely no reason to doubt the person or the information supplied,it seems to me there are people out there that think CF played every sequence whilst he was within TD,this is very far from true,simple as that.

END :arrow:


I completely respect your comment and the person who told you mate

_________________
http://thezest-2010.blogspot.co.uk/
small print


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:46 pm
Posts: 24409
Location: Apatheticville
24db wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
The person who told me i believe 100% ,and i think that person is probably in a very good position to comment on it.

I have absolutely no reason to doubt the person or the information supplied,it seems to me there are people out there that think CF played every sequence whilst he was within TD,this is very far from true,simple as that.

END :arrow:




I completely respect your comment and the person who told you mate


Vice versa Andy :wink:

_________________
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:08 pm
Posts: 20418
epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
The person who told me i believe 100% ,and i think that person is probably in a very good position to comment on it.

I have absolutely no reason to doubt the person or the information supplied,it seems to me there are people out there that think CF played every sequence whilst he was within TD,this is very far from true,simple as that.

END :arrow:




I completely respect your comment and the person who told you mate


Vice versa Andy :wink:


:) in the end it can only be a game of percentages, what 'really counts' is the quality of the music, whatever the decade (or lineup) TD have produced some jawdropping and truly emotional music, and for that I'm extremely grateful. 28 years of entertainment and counting.

_________________
http://thezest-2010.blogspot.co.uk/
small print


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:46 pm
Posts: 24409
Location: Apatheticville
Of that Andy there is no doubt,100% agreement here 8) :P

_________________
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:05 pm
Posts: 11363
Location: Glasgow
:[/quote]

:) in the end it can only be a game of percentages, what 'really counts' is the quality of the music, whatever the decade (or lineup) TD have produced some jawdropping and truly emotional music, and for that I'm extremely grateful. 28 years of entertainment and counting.[/quote]

Very nicely put Andy 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:17 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 3:01 am
Posts: 2459
Location: Iris & Linda's underwear draw
epsilon75 wrote:
andeemac2006 wrote:
Mmm i was right there are a lot of Tangerine Dream fans that dont rate Mr Franke

Well all i have to say is, why Did all the Fantastic Percussion, Background tracks and Effect sounds on say HYPERBOREA, Poland, Le Parq, Song of the Whale (Franke's masterpeice) , the 86 tour and Tracks written up to 88 Evaporate going into the 90's
The whole Percussive sound that was Frank's trademark just wasnt there anymore from the 90's onwards . Am I right? course I am

And why is the Sequencing on Logos, and Poland so outstanding, who did the programming for Thief Franke did


Lastly have you listened to Paul Haslingers solo albums, none have come up to Tracks layed down with Tangerine Dream, Not that I am knocking him he is a fantastic Player.
Its just that Christophe Franke dosent get enough Praise for his work with the Band we love so much


Im led to believe that the sequencing on Logos,Thief & Poland is not his work :arrow:


I tend to believe this as the concerts i attended he looked bored and uninterested to me and he looked like he didn't want to be there

_________________
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:51 pm
Posts: 14861
Location: 1975
I speak for myself, since I first listened to TD, first held a album cover and poured over it as I heard strange, unearthly music, that quite simply changed my life-made me interested...and then travelled with me for many many years......for me, its only ever the result, the MUSIC, the homogenous WHOLE...what is left, the....sounds that no one can replicate..TD are unique, I love them more than words, you know...thats why I am BM, I couldn't care less if [insert band member] played this or that, because really all we have is the music [although TD = EF and EF=TD]

_________________
...The wise.....are silent.....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:46 pm
Posts: 24409
Location: Apatheticville
bigmoog wrote:
I speak for myself, since I first listened to TD, first held a album cover and poured over it as I heard strange, unearthly music, that quite simply changed my life-made me interested...and then travelled with me for many many years......for me, its only ever the result, the MUSIC, the homogenous WHOLE...what is left, the....sounds that no one can replicate..TD are unique, I love them more than words, you know...thats why I am BM, I couldn't care less if [insert band member] played this or that, because really all we have is the music [although TD = EF and EF=TD]


When God speaks you listen :arrow:

_________________
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 3:01 am
Posts: 2459
Location: Iris & Linda's underwear draw
Didn't i read somewhere that CF tried to pass himself off as the founder of TD. :oops: :oops: :oops:

So should we believe he was responsible for all the the Electronic percussion & sequencer arrangements ..................................


I think not !!!! It's not hard to know who was the REAL driving force behind TD and thats the main man EF

Look at all the wonderful music we're getting at the moment

What wonderful albums as CF made or been Grammy nominated of late :shock:

_________________
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:44 am
Posts: 396
Location: köln, cologne
hmmmm.......... a long time i was thought, that cf had made all the sequence-work........... but i think i was wrong at this point........... hear his soloworks and you realize that there is nothing of that stuff............ and on the other side: hear td and you find the same brilliant sequencerlines today without cf.

is ef=td???........... yes and no............. imo his soloworks have nothing to do with td or it sounds not like td groupworks ( but this is with all soloworks of former members)........... td is the sum of its parts, but without ef there is no td, that is the other side of the medal.

_________________
time is the fire in which we burn (zoran)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:05 pm
Posts: 11363
Location: Glasgow
EF managed to do a pretty good imitation of TD on Views from a Red train.
I think we could, :) , or maybe not :oops: find that EF can actually tune himself in musically or spiritually to the type of music he is doing at any given point - an extremely talented man IMO :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 3:01 am
Posts: 2459
Location: Iris & Linda's underwear draw
timer wrote:
EF managed to do a pretty good imitation of TD on Views from a Red train.
I think we could, :) , or maybe not :oops: find that EF can actually tune himself in musically or spiritually to the type of music he is doing at any given point - an extremely talented man IMO :)


In total agreement with you Tim

_________________
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:50 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:34 am
Posts: 7
Location: Las Vegas
Nobody has answered my statement
"Why Did all the Fantastic Percussion, Background tracks and Effect sounds on say HYPERBOREA, Poland, Le Parq, Song of the Whale (Franke's masterpeice) , the 86 tour and Tracks written up to 88 Evaporate going into the 90's
The whole Percussive sound that was Frank's trademark just wasnt there anymore from the 90's onwards

Arguably Tang Dream went a way during the 90's

Have we had any tracks as good as "Dolphin Dance-- Long version" and "Song of the whale " since Franke left I mean look at the evidence


All I am saying is why did Franke leave, the real Truth and what is he doing now, and is he ok health wise . Really that is all.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:25 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:46 pm
Posts: 24409
Location: Apatheticville
andeemac2006 wrote:
Nobody has answered my statement
"Why Did all the Fantastic Percussion, Background tracks and Effect sounds on say HYPERBOREA, Poland, Le Parq, Song of the Whale (Franke's masterpeice) , the 86 tour and Tracks written up to 88 Evaporate going into the 90's
The whole Percussive sound that was Frank's trademark just wasnt there anymore from the 90's onwards

Arguably Tang Dream went a way during the 90's

Have we had any tracks as good as "Dolphin Dance-- Long version" and "Song of the whale " since Franke left I mean look at the evidence


All I am saying is why did Franke leave, the real Truth and what is he doing now, and is he ok health wise . Really that is all.



Perhaps you should email Edgar Froese for an answer :idea:

_________________
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic     Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on Performances All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6 [ 82 posts ] 

 
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum


cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group | Design by Homestage