Tangerine dream tour Year 1986

24db
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:It begs the question who played sequencers after Ricochet :wink: :twisted: :P
Jimmy Krankie? ;)
timer

Post by timer »

24db wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:It begs the question who played sequencers after Ricochet :wink: :twisted: :P
Jimmy Krankie? ;)
Too short to reach the sequencer knobs (for twiddling !) :)
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

timer wrote:

:shock: :lol: :lol: :wink:
behave :P :P :P
...The wise.....are silent.....
24db

Post by 24db »

timer wrote:
24db wrote:
Jimmy Krankie? ;)
switches...please turn to page 6 of the Moog sequencer manual :P
timer

Post by timer »

24db wrote:
timer wrote:
24db wrote: Jimmy Krankie? ;)

:oops: Bugger !
24db

Post by 24db »

timer wrote:
24db wrote:
timer wrote: Too short to reach the sequencer knobs (for twiddling !) :)

:oops: Bugger !
just kidding mate...actually if we're talking about a Moog 960 they do have knobs :)
Peter Beasley

Post by Peter Beasley »

24db wrote:According to Chris Franke (interviewed in 1985) what was Johannes's main role in TD in the early eighties?

You said

Playing Melodies: 41 votes (83%)

Playing Chords: 4 votes (8%)

Playing Percussion: 3 votes (6%)

None of the above: 1 vote (2%)

Chris's answer: Johannes played chords
Obviously this didn't apply to live concerts, where Johannes did most of the soloing.
24db

Post by 24db »

Peter Beasley wrote:
24db wrote:According to Chris Franke (interviewed in 1985) what was Johannes's main role in TD in the early eighties?

You said

Playing Melodies: 41 votes (83%)

Playing Chords: 4 votes (8%)

Playing Percussion: 3 votes (6%)

None of the above: 1 vote (2%)

Chris's answer: Johannes played chords
Obviously this didn't apply to live concerts, where Johannes did most of the soloing.
as you say mate 'most'.
Sfearical Sequence

Post by Sfearical Sequence »

But then again, "soloing" doesn't necessarily mean melody. Many pieces might have a melody or set of melodies (often played by Edgar) but then go into a break section, or in classical terms, a cadenza or episode, where Johannes would do a solo. So the statements that Edgar is playing melodies and Johannes is doing solos, can both be true. One does not preclude the other.
24db wrote:Franke: lt all depends on the piece, because we all play similar instruments and we switch roles all the time. In general, Edgar is playing the lead stuff and the guitar-like parts. Johannes is playing chords. He's very much into chords because he used to be an organist, I am doing much of the rhythmical stuff (note Chris doesn't say ALL) because I used to be a drummer. The rules are very elementary, but they get changed around all the time. We all compose and we play off of what we composed for the other members. And then there are times when we're all doing the same things, playing unison lines or the same polyrhythms. It’s difficult, because the audience likes to know who is playing what, but that's something which we cannot deliver very easily.
Actually, this is very much how I'd always imagined it anyway. I don't know if anyone's ever claimed that Franke did all the sequencering (sic).
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

I heard Chris Franke was not there it was a cardboard cut out :shock:
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
andeemac2006

Post by andeemac2006 »

Mmm i was right there are a lot of Tangerine Dream fans that dont rate Mr Franke

Well all i have to say is, why Did all the Fantastic Percussion, Background tracks and Effect sounds on say HYPERBOREA, Poland, Le Parq, Song of the Whale (Franke's masterpeice) , the 86 tour and Tracks written up to 88 Evaporate going into the 90's
The whole Percussive sound that was Frank's trademark just wasnt there anymore from the 90's onwards . Am I right? course I am

And why is the Sequencing on Logos, and Poland so outstanding, who did the programming for Thief Franke did

Lastly have you listened to Paul Haslingers solo albums, none have come up to Tracks layed down with Tangerine Dream, Not that I am knocking him he is a fantastic Player.
Its just that Christophe Franke dosent get enough Praise for his work with the Band we love so much
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

andeemac2006 wrote:Mmm i was right there are a lot of Tangerine Dream fans that dont rate Mr Franke

Well all i have to say is, why Did all the Fantastic Percussion, Background tracks and Effect sounds on say HYPERBOREA, Poland, Le Parq, Song of the Whale (Franke's masterpeice) , the 86 tour and Tracks written up to 88 Evaporate going into the 90's
The whole Percussive sound that was Frank's trademark just wasnt there anymore from the 90's onwards . Am I right? course I am

And why is the Sequencing on Logos, and Poland so outstanding, who did the programming for Thief Franke did

Lastly have you listened to Paul Haslingers solo albums, none have come up to Tracks layed down with Tangerine Dream, Not that I am knocking him he is a fantastic Player.
Its just that Christophe Franke dosent get enough Praise for his work with the Band we love so much
Im led to believe that the sequencing on Logos,Thief & Poland is not his work :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Peter Beasley

Post by Peter Beasley »

epsilon75 wrote: Im led to believe that the sequencing on Logos,Thief & Poland is not his work :arrow:
Source?
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Peter Beasley wrote:
epsilon75 wrote: Im led to believe that the sequencing on Logos,Thief & Poland is not his work :arrow:
Source?
A very influential figure :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
24db

Post by 24db »

I tend to think that the truth lies somewhat in the middle of the two extremes. Not that I know the 'truth' of the matter, not having been in the studio whilst the albums were being recorded (something we should all bare in mind).

Personally I think attributing 'every' good sequence or ALL the percussion to to Chris is utter nonsense...but that's just my opinion and nothing more. If people think that Edgar sat around and made coffee whilst others composed the music, then..well that's their problem

A clueless fact repeater ;)