Tangerine Dream
The Official Forum

* FAQ    * Search   * Login   * Register

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on Performances
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:54 pm 

I think that the track that Linda was playing on sax before the first break at the show of London was a TD version of the Sarabande from Haendel but I' m not sure. Do you think the same thing?
It was one of the many surprises of this fantastic show.
For sure, 300 years before Edgar, Haendel was too a german who had many success in England. Haendel and TD are two great musical bridges beetween the two countries.

Charles

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:39 pm 

la sagesse du destin wrote:
I think that the track that Linda was playing on sax before the first break at the show of London was a TD version of the Sarabande from Haendel but I' m not sure. Do you think the same thing?
For sure, 300 years before Edgar, Haendel was too a german who had many success in England. Haendel and TD are two great musical bridges beetween the two countries.

Charles

He stayed in a pub in my home town in Oxfordshire! Not far from the Manor Studios in fact :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:29 am 

Has anyone else noticed how Linda's facial appearance completely changes when her cheeks are puffed out. She looks completely different!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:40 pm 

HYPERBOREA wrote:
Has anyone else noticed how Linda's facial appearance completely changes when her cheeks are puffed out. She looks completely different!
:D :D That's pure musical talent at work, mate. And a very lovely lady to boot. 8) :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:54 pm 

Charles

This was 'Sally's Garden' which is a version of the Irish traditional song 'Down By The Sally Gardens' and appears on the Choice EP. At the gig, during this track I recognised the melody and was sure it must have a melody similar to an Irish tune I knew from home (but for the life of me I couldn't remember the title). It was only afterwards when I spoke with Linda and she said 'Did you like the Irish tune?' that I realised that I had noticed an Irish tune correctly and she told me that it was 'Down by the Sally Gardens'! Then I put the name to the melody as I was in a choir for a few years recently and we sang this song - some of the lyrics came into my head when the song was played actually. I asked Linda why they decided to do that particular song and she said 'I love it! It is one of my favourite songs with a lovely melody!'.

It was nice to hear it again on the Choice EP when I got home.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:33 pm 

TangFanIRL wrote:

Charles

This was 'Sally's Garden' which is a version of the Irish traditional song 'Down By The Sally Gardens' and appears on the Choice EP. At the gig, during this track I recognised the melody and was sure it must have a melody similar to an Irish tune I knew from home (but for the life of me I couldn't remember the title). It was only afterwards when I spoke with Linda and she said 'Did you like the Irish tune?' that I realised that I had noticed an Irish tune correctly and she told me that it was 'Down by the Sally Gardens'! Then I put the name to the melody as I was in a choir for a few years recently and we sang this song - some of the lyrics came into my head when the song was played actually. I asked Linda why they decided to do that particular song and she said 'I love it! It is one of my favourite songs with a lovely melody!'.

Nope, Charles refers to another track, see his tracklist here:
http://www.tangerinedream-music.com/for ... 1860#91860

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:38 pm 

Ah! Ok! I sit corrected but I still wanted to share the Sally's Garden story with ye! ;-)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:21 pm 

TangFanIRL wrote:

Charles

Ah ha, thats what the tune was, come to think of it I think Clannad did a cover of the Sally Gardens tune was too.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:22 pm 

TangFanIRL wrote:

Charles

Ah ha, thats what the tune was, come to think of it I think Clannad did a cover of the Sally Gardens tune was too.

Post new topic     Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on Performances All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Jump to: