Tangerine Dream
The Official Forum

   * FAQ    * Search   * Login   * Register

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on Performances
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:19 pm
Posts: 550
Location: Shanghai, China
Dear Eastgate, please help this letter get to where it belongs. Thank you.


Dear Edgar,

From the very bottom of my heart, please accept my eternal gratitude for coming to the United States to play a concert. I can never, ever thank you enough or even begin to express how much this event meant to me. From the first note to the last note, it was a beautiful moment in my life. One that I will never, ever forget. Your artistry touches me in a way that I cannot understand or express. It is impossible for me to think of anything that can touch me more.

I am grateful for your art. More than I can ever say. Thank you so very much again for bringing Tangerine Dream to the US. Please come again. Your US fans love you very much.

Be well, be happy, and be blessed.

A fan


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:38 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2007 4:53 pm
Posts: 2127
Location: surf city, SoCal
TheMan wrote:
Dear Eastgate, please help this letter get to where it belongs. Thank you.


Dear Edgar,

From the very bottom of my heart, please accept my eternal gratitude for coming to the United States to play a concert. I can never, ever thank you enough or even begin to express how much this event meant to me. From the first note to the last note, it was a beautiful moment in my life. One that I will never, ever forget. Your artistry touches me in a way that I cannot understand or express. It is impossible for me to think of anything that can touch me more.

I am grateful for your art. More than I can ever say. Thank you so very much again for bringing Tangerine Dream to the US. Please come again. Your US fans love you very much.

Be well, be happy, and be blessed.

A fan


Well put TheMan!
Any time TD plays in the US is a special time. I've been waiting a very long time. Even if it took another 10 or so years for TD to play 1 show in the US, I will be there. . . . .in wheelchair if I have to.

_________________
DREAMING. . . . Now, Then!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:00 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 6:52 pm
Posts: 347
Location: Darkest North Wales
This post is a beautiful thing.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 25, 2006 12:06 am
Posts: 1062
Location: Westren Australia:Rockingham 6168
Very Nice post indeed ....

Geoff (ElectroCelt) :D :) 8) :wink: :!: :arrow:

_________________
http://www.downloadplatform.com/electrocelt/
www.myspace.com/ricochet1975 Also

ElectroCelt@myspace.com
http://indielite.com/ElectroCelt


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:32 pm
Posts: 359
Location: AREA 51
excellent letter to mr froese,i think it fully expresses how every true TD fan feels about having thier music in our lives :roll: :roll: TD yorkshire division


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:46 pm
Posts: 24409
Location: Apatheticville
Just goes to show what Edgar and the band mean to us,its a way of life you know 8) :D

_________________
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:00 pm
Posts: 883
Location: Chelmsford - home of the Chelmsford TDBA
I regret not staying behind for the meet and greet only because I just wanted to thank Edgar for years of great music. it's good that people have been able to do that.

_________________
http://wayfarer2006.blogspot.com/
http://www.last.fm/user/Browncoat
TDBA - Chelmsford Battalion


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:28 pm
Posts: 2776
Location: Brixton, London
@ TheMan: Nice post - very heart warming to read.

_________________
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 3:01 am
Posts: 2459
Location: Iris & Linda's underwear draw
wayfarer wrote:
I regret not staying behind for the meet and greet only because I just wanted to thank Edgar for years of great music. it's good that people have been able to do that.



All these sentiments were echoed @ the meet & greet i get the impression that Ef & co were quite humbled by it all

_________________
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:40 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 1:59 am
Posts: 2028
Location: staying home getting stiff
Spot on!

_________________
imho

TD

/ did \
- does - ROCK!
\ will /

https://shiningpyramid.bandcamp.com/releases

http://www.redziller.co.uk/ffp/ TD video game


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:52 pm
Posts: 7797
Location: Bristol, Uk
wayfarer wrote:
I regret not staying behind for the meet and greet only because I just wanted to thank Edgar for years of great music. it's good that people have been able to do that.

Me too.


.....although I suspect Edgar could live with out me standing in front of him "I really like your music". :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:25 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 2:22 am
Posts: 3093
Location: THE QUANTUM YEARS
A Fine Letter! :wink:





:!: :arrow:

_________________
Image
https://twitter.com/laserdiscdream
https://plus.google.com/113176733764779995609
http://laserdiscdream.livejournal.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:58 am
Posts: 99
Location: Porthcawl, Wales, UK.
Fantastic letter and can I echo the sentiments exactly! I know this was the first time they played the USA since the mid eighties but spare a thought for us poor Welshmen who haven't had the honour since the mid Seventies!!! I know London isn't far away but it would be an honour to have them back here let me tell ya! Cardiff has some great venues ready to be graced by their presence and one lives in hope! :roll:

_________________
"Lives of great men all remind us that we may make our lives sublime and so departing leave behind us footprints in the sands of time"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:05 pm
Posts: 11363
Location: Glasgow
Jollyhawker wrote:
Fantastic letter and can I echo the sentiments exactly! I know this was the first time they played the USA since the mid eighties but spare a thought for us poor Welshmen who haven't had the honour since the mid Seventies!!! I know London isn't far away but it would be an honour to have them back here let me tell ya! Cardiff has some great venues ready to be graced by their presence and one lives in hope! :roll:


Would be great to see TD play somewhere else , and Cardiff would be ideal !!!! 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 3:01 am
Posts: 2459
Location: Iris & Linda's underwear draw
I fancy Cardiff maybe we could take Edgar & Co. to one of the Curry Houses and a few bevvies

_________________
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic     Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on Performances All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ] 

 
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum


cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group | Design by Homestage