old synths

NAVEL OF LIGHT
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

old synths

Post by NAVEL OF LIGHT »

Whilst going through my TD memorabilia this avo, i found a few 'keyboard' magazines with interviews etc. These date from the late 90s but in one of them was a red nord lead synth just like the one Edgar uses on the recent dvds and last saturday of course. Now either Nord havent changed their design in over ten years or TD are using 'old' equipment.

Does anyone know more about the equipment TD use?
24db

Re: old synths

Post by 24db »

NAVEL OF LIGHT wrote:Whilst going through my TD memorabilia this avo, i found a few 'keyboard' magazines with interviews etc. These date from the late 90s but in one of them was a red nord lead synth just like the one Edgar uses on the recent dvds and last saturday of course. Now either Nord havent changed their design in over ten years or TD are using 'old' equipment.

now? or in the past (I have almost complete lists covering 1967-2000-sh)
Last edited by 24db on Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bigdaveh

Post by bigdaveh »

Stephen have you had chance look at that stuff Ant gave you? Anything interesting?
The Stoke TDBA Division.
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

bigdaveh wrote:Stephen have you had chance look at that stuff Ant gave you? Anything interesting?
Loads! I will be scanning and cataloguing over the next few days... some fascinating stuff. Please pass on my thanks to him.
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
bigdaveh

Post by bigdaveh »

billythefish wrote:
bigdaveh wrote:Stephen have you had chance look at that stuff Ant gave you? Anything interesting?
Loads! I will be scanning and cataloguing over the next few days... some fascinating stuff. Please pass on my thanks to him.
Will do. I have not seen that stuff!! He kept it quiet.
The Stoke TDBA Division.
24db

Post by 24db »

NAVEL OF LIGHT wrote:Whilst going through my TD memorabilia this avo, i found a few 'keyboard' magazines with interviews etc. These date from the late 90s but in one of them was a red nord lead synth just like the one Edgar uses on the recent dvds and last saturday of course. Now either Nord havent changed their design in over ten years or TD are using 'old' equipment.

Nord Wave synth anyway. Both Edgar and Thorsten are using a Memotron, plus Thorsten uses a Korg Radias (the top keyboard in his setup, it's the one you can see with the flashing sequencer on most DVDs), behind TQ there's also Stritmacher (sp?) sequencer.

photos of TQ's home setup:

http://the-archive-plus.blogspot.com/20 ... pment.html

btw Edgar had a Roland JP8000 at the Royce Hall, TD use it as a keyboard controller, not really for the sounds
Last edited by 24db on Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

bigdaveh wrote:
billythefish wrote:
Will do. I have not seen that stuff!! He kept it quiet.
I was supposed to take it home but :?
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
24db

Post by 24db »

Most of TD's synths are listed here:

http://the-archive-plus.blogspot.com/se ... y+equipped
NAVEL OF LIGHT

Post by NAVEL OF LIGHT »

24db wrote:

Nord Wave synth anyway. Both Edgar and Thorsten are using a Memotron, plus Thorsten uses a Korg Radias (the top keyboard in his setup, it's the one you can see with the flashing sequencer on most DVDs), behind TQ there's also Stritmacher (sp?) sequencer.

btw Edgar had a Roland JP8000 at the Royce Hall, TD use it as a keyboard controller, not really for the sounds
thanks Andy, cant seem to get into your blog...how do i get permanant access again?
24db

Post by 24db »

NAVEL OF LIGHT wrote:
24db wrote:

thanks Andy, cant seem to get into your blog...how do i get permanant access again?
invite sent
24db

Post by 24db »

billythefish wrote:
have you finished BTF? ;)
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

24db wrote:
billythefish wrote:
I need to re-scan a few as I missed the edge of some columns - but it's been great fun reading (still got some way to go though)
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
24db

Post by 24db »

billythefish wrote:
24db wrote:
billythefish wrote: Loads! I will be scanning and cataloguing over the next few days... some fascinating stuff. Please pass on my thanks to him.
I need to re-scan a few as I missed the edge of some columns - but it's been great fun reading (still got some way to go though)
been there, got the t-shirt with the bits missing problem
Hipgnosis

Post by Hipgnosis »

Hi,

The only thing that is strange for me, is to see a Keyboard Magazine write an article about some pop music keyboard player ... and I have yet to detect any kind of reverence or article that really does some credit to anyone else except the postar'du'jour ...

On the other hand when someone in Germany is using an orchestra and playing Edgar Froese ... who the hell needs to give a poop about a Keyboard Teenzine?

As for instruments I like the weapon list ... Nord and/or Korg or Roland, or Yamaha ... do not even have his picture on their list of artists ... and we're talking about someone that helped define how these machines went and helped develop many of the parameters that are taken for granted now.

But you now what? It won't matter ... I can tell you that we will remember Edgar and TD long after the keyboardteenzine ... way longer than my lifetime, and I just want to do my part in this lifetime to make sure that some of these deserving people get some credit ... not to mention at least one more dinner ... so they can have another day doing it again ... we're the benefactors of the old days in this modern age. All too often we're too concerned with that cute ass or nice picture ... and forget the music ... forget the music ... forget the music ... (I can hear those composers all coming out of their graves with batons on their hands ... ready to wake us up!)

24db

Post by 24db »

Sadly all those old (or new synths) don't come with talent to write music that moves and entertained people for decades...I asked BM and he knows I'm right ;)