After show meet and greets

24db
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

After show meet and greets

Post by 24db »

I'd just like to take the opportunity to personally thank Bianca, Edgar, Thorsten, Linda, Iris, Bernie and Ulrich Schnauss (btw, thanks for introducing me, Stephen) for all their time. It was pleasure getting to talk to you on many many topics, especially for so long in Edinburgh where the group were very relaxed indeed... was it an hour? I got to chat to everyone bar Linda who I sadly missed. You all were so down to earth and modest. Like many fans it's something that I'll never forget and it rounded the whole weekend off perfectly

thank you

andy
Last edited by 24db on Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
GlynRichards

Re: After show meet and greets

Post by GlynRichards »

24db wrote:I'd just like to take the opportunity to personally thank Bianca, Edgar, Thorsten, Linda, Linda, Bernie and Ulrich Schnauss (btw, thanks for introducing me, Stephen) for all their time. It was pleasure getting to
talk to you on many many topics, especially for so long in Edinburgh where the group were very relaxed indeed... was it an hour? I got to chat to everyone bar Linda who I sadly missed. You all were so down to earth and modest. Like many fans it's something that I'll never forget and it rounded the whole weekend off perfectly

thank you

andy
Yes, it was very relaxed at Edinburgh. I think Edgar was quite surprised that there wasn't that many people at the meet and greet. And he did make a point of saying hello and shaking hands with each and every one of us.

Even EDWEIRDO. :wink:
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

I second that emotion entirely. I never got to talk to the band this time as the crush doesn't agree with me, and wish I had been to the Edinburgh do for the more intimate environment.

I must say though, it's a lovely idea and very much appreciated.
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

I'm hoping that one day I'll get to attend an aftershow meeting. Those darned band members who played for 3 hours made it very difficult for us to stay and we had to get away to get a tube-train before it shut down. I'm sure Edgar can live with the disappointment. :wink:

...mind you we had great fun getting home. We were following a car on a fairly desserted stretch of the M4 and I moved into the second lane to overtake when the car also moved into the second lane. I decided to fall back a bit, just to be safe, and then we watched the car in front drift into the third lane and on into the central reservation. Several seconds of riding down the crash barrier clearly woke the driver up. One of the darndest things I've ever seen, he was one lucky dude.
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

I hope to meet the band backstage one day myself. I was hoping to make the London one but I didn`t fancy getting stranded in Kentish Town so made sure I made the tube home.

maybe when they play elsewhere in Europe and I get to stay in a hotel near by I will be able to make it.

In the 90s I had a badge from Voyager magazine to make the meet in Manchester but again I had to leave early for a train back to the Wirral, in the end I missed that train as well and ended sleeping in Manchester Railway Station......great days :wink:
24db

Post by 24db »

Upstairs at the Picture House after show meet

At the Club in the early hours

GlynRichards

Post by GlynRichards »

24db wrote:Upstairs at the Picture House after show meet

At the Club in the early hours

Isn't that last one in the 'pub' afterwards? I remember her! She's the barmaid isn''t she?
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

The after show meet at the forum was barmy,i think everyone got in :P
It was nice to see young Adam Corbett get his photo and goodies signed,hats off to EF for that 8)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
HarryPotter No7

Post by HarryPotter No7 »

epsilon75 wrote:The after show meet at the forum was barmy,i think everyone got in :P
It was nice to see young Adam Corbett get his photo and goodies signed,hats off to EF for that 8)
...makes you wonder if it's worth buying a TDOC card for queue jumping and after-show meets cos it did appear half the concert hall ventured into the bar area after and as for getting in earlier....... :?: :roll: but then I imagine this was out of TDs hands and more to do with the Forum. What a truely magnificent evening tho :D
timer

Post by timer »

HarryPotter No7 wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:The after show meet at the forum was barmy,i think everyone got in :P
...makes you wonder if it's worth buying a TDOC card for queue jumping and after-show meets cos it did appear half the concert hall ventured into the bar area after and as for getting in earlier....... :?: :roll: but then I imagine this was out of TDs hands and more to do with the Forum. What a truely magnificent evening tho :D
I still think the TDOC is value for money, the situation for early entry and the fan meet and greets was unfortunately rubbished on Saturday , and I firmly do not believe this to be the fault of TD. But the issue does need addressing for future - question is how did it get so wrong on Saturday , but so right on Sunday ! :(
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

The problems of the meet and greet on Saturday were in no way down to TD/Eastgate,i thought the organisation at the forum was very poor overall and surely those doors for the meet and greet should have been staffed,it was at times chaos.
tdream4ever

Post by tdream4ever »

Chris Monk wrote
I'm hoping that one day I'll get to attend an aftershow meeting. Those darned band members who played for 3 hours made it very difficult for us to stay and we had to get away to get a tube-train before it shut down. I'm sure Edgar can live with the disappointment.
I was concerned about catching the tube too. I think the last tube leaving kentish town was around 12:15am or so. I left the meet n greet around 11:50pm and a 5 minute walk to the station was no worries. Had plenty of time to meet and shake Edgar's hand. Had a few questions and words, signed my Choice cd. I think you would of had plenty of time to get back to the hotel.
DREAMING. . . . Now, Then!
24db

Post by 24db »

HarryPotter No7 wrote:
it worked like clockwork in edinburgh
24db

Post by 24db »

GlynRichards wrote: Isn't that last one in the 'pub' afterwards? I remember her! She's the barmaid isn''t she?
yes
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:
GlynRichards wrote: Isn't that last one in the 'pub' afterwards? I remember her! She's the barmaid isn''t she?
yes
Nice looking lass :P