Thoughts on the TD merchandise stall

tdream4ever
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

UCLA's ROYCE HALL MERCHANDISE STALL

Post by tdream4ever »

The merch stall at UCLA's show was weak compared to London. Missing at the UCLA's merch stall was poster's, most cd's(ex. edgar's solo work). I think I counted around 7-9 titles to chose from, including Choice, Fallen Angel, Booster, Anthology, Autumn, Iris's cd, etc. Choice and Fallen was selling for $15 US compared to 5 or 6 GBP. The others were about the same in price. No special edition the KEEP!! Glad I picked up my copy in London. They had 3 choices of t-shirts to chose from. A album cover of electronic meditation, pic of an alien w/ tangerine dream above the pic and ultima thule written below the alien(I bought), also available in long sleeve, and the third was the entrance to magic music shirt. The one sold at UCLA was a bit more heavier in gold color than the one sold at London. I liked my "magic music shirt" I bought at the London show better. Price compared the same. The US crowd was heavy before and after the show. One thing that was missing was the pushing and shoving. Alot more organized, but with 3, sometimes 4 individuals working the stall. I presented them with my TDOC for a discount and they looked at me like what the heck is that. They were clueless! Oh well. I am so glad I spent my hard earned cash at the London show. One other point. There were no thefts reported like the Forum. Maybe thats why EB did'nt bring alot of merch to the UCLA show. Alot of the fans were asking me which cd's to buy. Sorry to say, alot of the US fans seem to be a little bit out of touch with TD's new music.
DREAMING. . . . Now, Then!
24db

Post by 24db »

Pity you weren't at the Alte Oper one mate....mind you, you would have spent a fortune. Any chance of a photo of the t-shirts?

andy
timer

Re: UCLA's ROYCE HALL MERCHANDISE STALL

Post by timer »

tdream4ever wrote:The merch stall at UCLA's show was weak compared to London. Missing at the UCLA's merch stall was poster's, most cd's(ex. edgar's solo work). I think I counted around 7-9 titles to chose from, including Choice, Fallen Angel, Booster, Anthology, Autumn, Iris's cd, etc. Choice and Fallen was selling for $15 US compared to 5 or 6 GBP. The others were about the same in price. No special edition the KEEP!! Glad I picked up my copy in London. They had 3 choices of t-shirts to chose from. A album cover of electronic meditation, pic of an alien w/ tangerine dream above the pic and ultima thule written below the alien(I bought), also available in long sleeve, and the third was the entrance to magic music shirt. The one sold at UCLA was a bit more heavier in gold color than the one sold at London. I liked my "magic music shirt" I bought at the London show better. Price compared the same. The US crowd was heavy before and after the show. One thing that was missing was the pushing and shoving. Alot more organized, but with 3, sometimes 4 individuals working the stall. I presented them with my TDOC for a discount and they looked at me like what the heck is that. They were clueless! Oh well. I am so glad I spent my hard earned cash at the London show. One other point. There were no thefts reported like the Forum. Maybe thats why EB did'nt bring alot of merch to the UCLA show. Alot of the fans were asking me which cd's to buy. Sorry to say, alot of the US fans seem to be a little bit out of touch with TD's new music.

Were those shirts available in London or Scotland ?
Beaubourg

Post by Beaubourg »

24db wrote:Pity you weren't at the Alte Oper one mate....mind you, you would have spent a fortune. Any chance of a photo of the t-shirts?

andy
Indeed - and Andy, perhaps we could get a pic of the posters offered in the UK (or a shot of the merch stand as a whole)?
Beaubourg

Re: UCLA's ROYCE HALL MERCHANDISE STALL

Post by Beaubourg »

tdream4ever wrote:The merch stall at UCLA's show was weak compared to London. Missing at the UCLA's merch stall was poster's, most cd's(ex. edgar's solo work). I think I counted around 7-9 titles to chose from, including Choice, Fallen Angel, Booster, Anthology, Autumn, Iris's cd, etc. Choice and Fallen was selling for $15 US compared to 5 or 6 GBP. The others were about the same in price. No special edition the KEEP!! Glad I picked up my copy in London. They had 3 choices of t-shirts to chose from. A album cover of electronic meditation, pic of an alien w/ tangerine dream above the pic and ultima thule written below the alien(I bought), also available in long sleeve, and the third was the entrance to magic music shirt. The one sold at UCLA was a bit more heavier in gold color than the one sold at London. I liked my "magic music shirt" I bought at the London show better. Price compared the same. The US crowd was heavy before and after the show. One thing that was missing was the pushing and shoving. Alot more organized, but with 3, sometimes 4 individuals working the stall. I presented them with my TDOC for a discount and they looked at me like what the heck is that. They were clueless! Oh well. I am so glad I spent my hard earned cash at the London show. One other point. There were no thefts reported like the Forum. Maybe thats why EB did'nt bring alot of merch to the UCLA show. Alot of the fans were asking me which cd's to buy. Sorry to say, alot of the US fans seem to be a little bit out of touch with TD's new music.
How about the head count? was it a near (or far from) sellout?
And of course, there's the question of the set list....!
24db

Post by 24db »

Beaubourg wrote:
24db wrote:Pity you weren't at the Alte Oper one mate....mind you, you would have spent a fortune. Any chance of a photo of the t-shirts?

andy
Indeed - and Andy, perhaps we could get a pic of the posters offered in the UK (or a shot of the merch stand as a whole)?
I'll take a photo of the poster for you (I didn't even bother with the Merch stand in London, as I knew it would be a nightmare). The venue concert poster looked like this (and no you couldn't buy one I think), this is Edinburgh on Monday morning...

timer

Post by timer »

24db wrote:
Beaubourg wrote:

andy
I'll take a photo of the poster for you (I didn't even bother with the Merch stand in London, as I knew it would be a nightmare). The venue concert poster looked like this (and no you couldn't buy one I think), this is Edinburgh on Monday morning...

i think young Adam C got a slightly smaller one from the display at the forum
24db

Post by 24db »

timer wrote:
24db wrote:
Beaubourg wrote: Indeed - and Andy, perhaps we could get a pic of the posters offered in the UK (or a shot of the merch stand as a whole)?

that's great...glad Adam got it
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:
timer wrote:
24db wrote: I'll take a photo of the poster for you (I didn't even bother with the Merch stand in London, as I knew it would be a nightmare). The venue concert poster looked like this (and no you couldn't buy one I think), this is Edinburgh on Monday morning...

that's great...glad Adam got it
He did definitely get it 8) :D
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
24db

Post by 24db »

ah, were those Welsh poster fingers involved? ;) :D
tdream4ever

Post by tdream4ever »

Hey Andy!

First of all, I was very happy to finally to meet you at Abbey! You and all the rest at Abbeys(alot I cant remember names. . .too many) are all very cool mates. Next time I fly over for a fan pre meet (hopefully next year) I will be writing all the names down on paper. I got pics, but just cant remeber names to the pics. Must be me old age. Anyways, I do have pics of the UCLA gig and merch stall(shirts) and peeps. I just dont know how to download them onto this forum. I tried putting up a pic for my forum name, but failed. Dont know what I'm doing. You have some great pics of the Forum gig up. Fantasic pics!! What I can do is send a few via your email and maybe you might be able to post em on this forum. I'm on the job now. So it'll have to wait till I get home. Thats around 4pm(Pacific Time). In the meantime I will try again to download pics.

As far as the write up on the UCLA show. I will be doing that on a new post. . . soon. For a little tease, I've already posted a small write up thanking EB on the UCLA gig on the TDOC interaction page.
24db

Post by 24db »

tdream4ever wrote:Hey Andy!

First of all, I was very happy to finally to meet you at Abbey! You and all the rest at Abbeys(alot I cant remember names. . .too many) are all very cool mates. Next time I fly over for a fan pre meet (hopefully next year) I will be writing all the names down on paper. I got pics, but just cant remeber names to the pics. Must be me old age. Anyways, I do have pics of the UCLA gig and merch stall(shirts) and peeps. I just dont know how to download them onto this forum. I tried putting up a pic for my forum name, but failed. Dont know what I'm doing. You have some great pics of the Forum gig up. Fantasic pics!! What I can do is send a few via your email and maybe you might be able to post em on this forum. I'm on the job now. So it'll have to wait till I get home. Thats around 4pm(Pacific Time). In the meantime I will try again to download pics.

As far as the write up on the UCLA show. I will be doing that on a new post. . . soon. For a little tease, I've already posted a small write up thanking EB on the UCLA gig on the TDOC interaction page.
Thanks, I can only add it was great meeting you on the night mate. I'm so glad that you enjoyed the gig and also met Edgar afterwards.

it's best to upload your photos to something like photobucket, it will generate all the links you need for Forums. Having said any photos are gratefully received...unless they're of me, in which case they'll be going in the shreader ;) btw any problems and I'll re-post them for you here

If makes you feel any better I was forgeting people's names all night long
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

David

Glad you had a good time at the LA show,it was great to meet you in London,hope to see you in the not to distant future :wink:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

David - thanks for the feedback from LA. It sounds like there are some new T-shirts out there. I didn't see any in London, but as I got there after the robbery they may have cleared their display away already.

Did the set list vary at all?
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
tdream4ever

Post by tdream4ever »

billythefish wrote
David - thanks for the feedback from LA. It sounds like there are some new T-shirts out there. I didn't see any in London, but as I got there after the robbery they may have cleared their display away already.

Did the set list vary at all?
The setlist did vary a little. They opened with Trauma with Linda and without Bernhard for the first 15 minutes(dont remember if Bernhard was missing the first 15 minutes for the London gig). 2 and half hours instead of 3. Most of the set remained the same taking out a few songs and adding others. No lasers and smoke. No camera crew, no dvd for UCLA.
I did have a review write up of the show but when I went to preview it, it got lost! So, I'm gonna have to regroup try this again. Sorry.