Thoughts on the TD merchandise stall

Mars
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Merch. stall

Post by Mars »

I think the merch crew does a fantastic job. They have so little space to work on, and tries to serve us the best they can. There should be a limit, regarding how many cd`s you can buy of each title. It`s frustrating to watch people that buy 10 copies of a title, knowing that they will hit ebay with sky-high prices! I also imagine that the merch crew would want another queue system, cause it`s not easy for them to know "who`s next", as we all move around to find a better place around the stall.

That said, it was two fantastic concerts! Happy to meet all of you again!
Nice jackets made by Timer! (mine was water-proof in the rain!)

Thanks to Tim and Carmen for keeping my bag safe on their room :-)
Thanks to Jacob for the company and humour. :-)
Thanks to Conrad and Rosie for bringing my jacket from Ireland :-)
Thanks to Grant for the ride back to Glasgow :-)
And thanks to the organizers of two great fan meets! Nice to meet the french connection, welsh contigent, UK fans, german fans, 3 danes and two swedes, the other norwegian (BD), the dutchmen, The scots and the Spainiard :-) cheers from a happy Tangerman
ant

Post by ant »

:( I always find the stalls really hard work. When I got to the stall there were only about 6 people there but unfortunately the first guy was buying up so many copies of everything that by the time the poor girl had finished with him there were now 100+ people at the stall and it must have taken about 20mins to get my three cd's. With the usual morons pushing in and getting served before me. I agree that they should have an organised queue so that everyone gets served in a nice calm way and not feel like you have done 12 rounds with Mike Tyson by the time you've finished. I get annoyed when it's like it was Saturday - and it's the same when at the bars when you are gasping for a pint and it takes forever to get one. It meant getting in a few seconds before the main crowd a complete waste of time as it made no difference what so ever!! Still, apart from that It was a great evening - come back very soon Edgar, Bernhard, Thorsten, Iris and Linda as I am missing you all already!! :D
Biggus Dickus
timer

Re: Merch. stall

Post by timer »

Mars wrote:I think the merch crew does a fantastic job. They have so little space to work on, and tries to serve us the best they can. There should be a limit, regarding how many cd`s you can buy of each title. It`s frustrating to watch people that buy 10 copies of a title, knowing that they will hit ebay with sky-high prices! I also imagine that the merch crew would want another queue system, cause it`s not easy for them to know "who`s next", as we all move around to find a better place around the stall.

And thanks to the organizers of two great fan meets! Nice to meet the french connection, welsh contigent, UK fans, german fans, 3 danes and two swedes, the other norwegian (BD), the dutchmen, The scots and the Spainiard :-) cheers from a happy Tangerman

It was great to have your company again Stalle, glad you enjoyed the Edin concert as well.

Look forward to seeing you when TD play Norway next time ! :wink:
timer

Post by timer »

IF the person / persons responsible for the 'rumoured' theft from the Merchandise stall is looking in to see if its been mentioned - Never Never call yourself a TD fan ! :evil:

TD Fans have ultimate respect for the Edgar and the band, and would certainly not wish for thier hard work to be abused in this fashion.

GET A LIFE ! :evil: :evil: :evil:
Last edited by timer on Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bergen-dreamer

Post by bergen-dreamer »

Mars wrote:I think the merch crew does a fantastic job. They have so little space to work on, and tries to serve us the best they can. There should be a limit, regarding how many cd`s you can buy of each title. It`s frustrating to watch people that buy 10 copies of a title, knowing that they will hit ebay with sky-high prices! I also imagine that the merch crew would want another queue system, cause it`s not easy for them to know "who`s next", as we all move around to find a better place around the stall.

Very nice to meet you also, Ståle :)
bergen-dreamer

Post by bergen-dreamer »

timer wrote:...when TD play Norway next time ! :wink:
:shock: :D :wink:

a 2009 gig in any of the Scandinavian countries would be great :idea:
GlynRichards

Post by GlynRichards »

ant wrote::( I always find the stalls really hard work. When I got to the stall there were only about 6 people there but unfortunately the first guy was buying up so many copies of everything that by the time the poor girl had finished with him there were now 100+ people at the stall and it must have taken about 20mins to get my three cd's. With the usual morons pushing in and getting served before me. I agree that they should have an organised queue so that everyone gets served in a nice calm way and not feel like you have done 12 rounds with Mike Tyson by the time you've finished. I get annoyed when it's like it was Saturday - and it's the same when at the bars when you are gasping for a pint and it takes forever to get one. It meant getting in a few seconds before the main crowd a complete waste of time as it made no difference what so ever!! Still, apart from that It was a great evening - come back very soon Edgar, Bernhard, Thorsten, Iris and Linda as I am missing you all already!! :D
Yes, I remember waiting patiently, but then loads pushed in from my left and some goon decided to give a good shove from the rear that pushed the table in.

Twats
GlynRichards

Post by GlynRichards »

timer wrote:IF the person / persons responsible for the 'rumoured' theft from the Merchandise stall is looking in to see if its been mentioned - Never Never call yourself a TD fan ! :evil:

TD Fans have ultimate respect for the Edgar and the band, and would certainly not wish for thier hard work to be abused in this fashion.

Sorry? Just seen this. What's happened?
Beaubourg

Post by Beaubourg »

GlynRichards wrote:
timer wrote:IF the person / persons responsible for the 'rumoured' theft from the Merchandise stall is looking in to see if its been mentioned - Never Never call yourself a TD fan ! :evil:

Sorry? Just seen this. What's happened?
Although it very well might have been a Forum employee...

Guess we'll know soon - when we start seeing the same person sell the same cd on eBay over and over and over again!

Talk about an absolute loser with no honor or dignity.
Mars

Post by Mars »

bergen-dreamer wrote:

That would have been just great! Live in Copenhagen,Stockholm and Oslo
Touring their new album "Arctic Challenge" in 2010 !! :-)
Dreams are for the Dream fans....
timer

Post by timer »

Mars wrote:
bergen-dreamer wrote:

That would have been just great! Live in Copenhagen,Stockholm and Oslo
Touring their new album "Arctic Challenge" in 2010 !! :-)
Dreams are for the Dream fans....
At least the Fleece and Snow Jackets would get great use ! :wink:
jacob

Post by jacob »

I was shocked as well. From Frankfurt experience, I did not want to get merchandise untill afterwards, and I got what I needed so that was fine, but at that time they only offered three items, and that's when they told a very pissed-off costumer they had been robbed, and only sold three items. Some even said cash were stolen as well.

What drives people to get a ticket to a TD show, only to steal from the band? This kind of behaviour is inexcusable and only harms the friendly and decent fans in the end!

:x
Jacob's Tangerine Dream Blog
http://tangerinedream.pertou.dk/
GlynRichards

Post by GlynRichards »

jacob wrote:

I was shocked as well. From Frankfurt experience, I did not want to get merchandise untill afterwards, and I got what I needed so that was fine, but at that time they only offered three items, and that's when they told a very pissed-off costumer they had been robbed, and only sold three items. Some even said cash were stolen as well.

What drives people to get a ticket to a TD show, only to steal from the band? This kind of behaviour is inexcusable and only harms the friendly and decent fans in the end!

was this on the Saturday then? Crumbs, I don't think I would hold myself responsible if I had seen someone doing that :evil:
jacob

Post by jacob »

GlynRichards wrote: was this on the Saturday then? Crumbs, I don't think I would hold myself responsible if I had seen someone doing that :evil:
Saturday, yes. And as I heard it from Adnan, it's sadly not a rumour.
Last edited by jacob on Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jacob's Tangerine Dream Blog
http://tangerinedream.pertou.dk/
timer

Post by timer »

GlynRichards wrote:
jacob wrote:

was this on the Saturday then? Crumbs, I don't think I would hold myself responsible if I had seen someone doing that :evil:
Yes Glyn - and if i'd have seen it , they wouldn't have been able to leg it :evil:

Dispicable actions , absolutely disgusting !