Thoughts on the TD merchandise stall

GlynRichards
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by GlynRichards »

timer wrote:
GlynRichards wrote:
jacob wrote: I was shocked as well. From Frankfurt experience, I did not want to get merchandise untill afterwards, and I got what I needed so that was fine, but at that time they only offered three items, and that's when they told a very pissed-off costumer they had been robbed, and only sold three items. Some even said cash were stolen as well.

What drives people to get a ticket to a TD show, only to steal from the band? This kind of behaviour is inexcusable and only harms the friendly and decent fans in the end!

:x
was this on the Saturday then? Crumbs, I don't think I would hold myself responsible if I had seen someone doing that :evil:
Yes Glyn - and if i'd have seen it , they wouldn't have been able to leg it :evil:

Dispicable actions , absolutely disgusting !
I can't believe that they managed to get away with it. When I tried to get away from the stall there was a wall of people behind me. I just don't understand how one chancer managed to get past so many fans.
:evil: :evil: :evil:

Dammit this makes me sick to the pit of my stomach. Not only have they stolen from Edgar and the band, but from us as well. I wonder what (if any) will be the future re-percussions (no pun intended Iris) of this on us.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
24db

Post by 24db »

I read about this in Glasgow last night, unbelievable, I refuse to believe any real fan of a group would rip them off like that. I only hope it doesn't put the group off playing further concerts or having a merch stand. Talking of which (and I think I mentioned this to BTF yesterday), it's a shame that the forum didn't have a spare window at the box office (like the old Hammersmith Odeon), that forces people to queue up properly and not drop down the evolutionary scale.

Btw to the nice person who decided to elbow my girlfriend, next time I'll be having a word and do have a long memory
GlynRichards

Post by GlynRichards »

24db wrote:I read about this in Glasgow last night, unbelievable, I refuse to believe any real fan of a group would rip them off like that. I only hope it doesn't put the group off playing further concerts or having a merch stand. Talking of which (and I think I mentioned this to BTF yesterday), it's a shame that the forum didn't have a spare window at the box office (like the old Hammersmith Odeon), that forces people to queue up properly and not drop down the evolutionary scale.

Btw to the nice person who decided to elbow my girlfriend, next time I'll be having a word and do have a long memory
Maybe we should surround the stand with Barmy Army members and only let one person through at a time.
GlynRichards

Post by GlynRichards »

24db wrote:I read about this in Glasgow last night, unbelievable, I refuse to believe any real fan of a group would rip them off like that. I only hope it doesn't put the group off playing further concerts or having a merch stand. Talking of which (and I think I mentioned this to BTF yesterday), it's a shame that the forum didn't have a spare window at the box office (like the old Hammersmith Odeon), that forces people to queue up properly and not drop down the evolutionary scale.

Oh? Let me know next time. I'll arrange a "reception" for them!

:twisted:
24db

Post by 24db »

GlynRichards wrote:

Maybe we should surround the stand with Barmy Army members and only let one person through at a time.
er...I'm sure TDBA members shouldn't be let near the stall for a second longer, they're all spending far too much as it is.

Btw...why would anyone want 10-20 copies of a CD anyway? (apart from the damned obvious), at Frankfurt one of the people in front of me spent 300+ euros...I think it was Klaus Schulze ;)
timer

Post by timer »

GlynRichards wrote:

Well as I said earlier in this thread I would be more than willing to help out if needed - EB this is a genuine offer :)
GlynRichards

Post by GlynRichards »

timer wrote:
GlynRichards wrote:

Well as I said earlier in this thread I would be more than willing to help out if needed - EB this is a genuine offer :)
Yes, I was wondering about offering my services here.

I'll do LA if you like! :wink:

But seriously. On Sunday their money tins were absolutely full of cash and they have nowhere to put them. If they can't take on extra staff (either Eastgate or TDBA (am I actually in this, not really sure?) I'm sure that some sort of crown control system could be employed.

I was a little shocked to to see people buying up 8-10 copies of "Choices". I know we all have a good idea as to why. I now buy 2 because I have in the past lost them :( And sometimes at a later date I've even given my spares away. If I find my copy of Ca Va then I'll pass on the one I bought on Saturday.

I think that maybe they should limit purchases to two. If someone needs to buy for several others (which is probably unsual, but not out of the question) then I'm sure that this can be pre-arranged.
timer

Post by timer »

Glyn - you are a Barmy as the rest of us mate ! therefore you are an honoury member :wink:
tdream4ever

Post by tdream4ever »

First, that is really too bad about the theft at the merch stall. Its too bad there are people out there that could do something like that. Especially at an event like this. Bad things will come back to haunt this individual.
That said. I thought the merch stall was sorry. My wife and I got inside quick. We sat/stood on the benches in the center in front of the merch stalls. I wanted to go up front, but with the misses being tired from our trip over from SoCal, I had no say. The wife stayed at the benches while I made my way over to the merch stall. What a mess!!! I thought the merch stalls at rock concerts were f*#kd up. Only 2 persons working the stall. It was a good 20-25 minutes by the time I got to the front. Once up front I got my order in. Picked up my first TD shirt, new Choice and Angel CD EP, The Keep and Epsilon Journey. And yes I did feel the pushing from the back when the table moved up.
I will be at the UCLA show on friday. I dont think (I hope) it'll be as bad as the London show. I hope EB wont be discouraged about the theft and not bring any merch to the UCLA show. We'll see how the US fans respond to TD being back in the US. I for one am very excited. I hope EB will have a meet and greet after the show. Thanks to EB for an awesome trip to London!! :-)-[/b]
DREAMING. . . . Now, Then!
GlynRichards

Post by GlynRichards »

tdream4ever wrote:First, that is really too bad about the theft at the merch stall. Its too bad there are people out there that could do something like that. Especially at an event like this. Bad things will come back to haunt this individual.
That said. I thought the merch stall was sorry. My wife and I got inside quick. We sat/stood on the benches in the center in front of the merch stalls. I wanted to go up front, but with the misses being tired from our trip over from SoCal, I had no say. The wife stayed at the benches while I made my way over to the merch stall. What a mess!!! I thought the merch stalls at rock concerts were f*#kd up. Only 2 persons working the stall. It was a good 20-25 minutes by the time I got to the front. Once up front I got my order in. Picked up my first TD shirt, new Choice and Angel CD EP, The Keep and Epsilon Journey. And yes I did feel the pushing from the back when the table moved up.
I will be at the UCLA show on friday. I dont think (I hope) it'll be as bad as the London show. I hope EB wont be discouraged about the theft and not bring any merch to the UCLA show. We'll see how the US fans respond to TD being back in the US. I for one am very excited. I hope EB will have a meet and greet after the show. Thanks to EB for an awesome trip to London!! :-)-[/b]
Is there any chance that you could pick up a copy of the Ca Va Marche CD single for some one? They ran out at the weekend. :cry:
GlynRichards

Post by GlynRichards »

timer wrote:Glyn - you are a Barmy as the rest of us mate ! therefore you are an honoury member :wink:
Mmm, yes that's probably true! Especially after sunday night with Thorsten and Bernie and numerous cheap pints of stella!

Now I really think I could have actually worded that differently!
ant

Post by ant »

:oops: I can't believe someone would do this. It really makes me ashamed to be British sometimes. My sincere apologies to Edgar and the rest of the band for this truly disgusting act and please believe me when I say that the vast majority of TD fans are just that and would never ever dream of ripping anyone off especially our favourite band of all time. If I caught them they would be needing a wheelchair by the time I finished with them!! It, as in a lot of things in life, is just the small percentage of miserable pond life that give the rest of us a bad name - SHAME ON YOU (And you know who you are - It's a pity we don't!!). Maybe a reward should be given to anyone who can name and shame the culprit(s). :(
Biggus Dickus
GlynRichards

Post by GlynRichards »

ant wrote::oops: I can't believe someone would do this. It really makes me ashamed to be British sometimes. My sincere apologies to Edgar and the rest of the band for this truly disgusting act and please believe me when I say that the vast majority of TD fans are just that and would never ever dream of ripping anyone off especially our favourite band of all time. If I caught them they would be needing a wheelchair by the time I finished with them!! It, as in a lot of things in life, is just the small percentage of miserable pond life that give the rest of us a bad name - SHAME ON YOU (And you know who you are - It's a pity we don't!!). Maybe a reward should be given to anyone who can name and shame the culprit(s). :(
Yes, as of today out of curosity I'm going to watch every tangerine dream item on ebay that they were selling at the stall and list all the individual sellers to see if there are any patterns.
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

It's a sad occasion indeed. I wonder whether everyone could check the pictures they were taking down there (if at all) - perhaps we caught the culprit on camera?

Regarding queuing.... how about having a ticket system like you do at the deli counter in a supermarket? That would take the strain away from the counter itself and allow people to go away and come back when it's their turn.

Finally - I would add my name to a list of those more than happy to help. It would only mean arriving half an hour early for a briefing and then muck in until the curtain is raised. There is never such a problem during and after the concert. Some fans could help manage the queue as well.
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Mayhem at London,i did not even get there but managed to get "Choice" thanks to Darren :wink:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.