Edinburgh 02/11/08

jacob
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by jacob »

EDWEIRDO wrote:TD are thee greatest.
TD fans are thee greatest too.

I do not have the words to describe last night, but it was an incredible experience.

Many many thanks to everyone who came to Mathers, I hope you enjoyed it as much as me. :D
Edinburgh was a blast, and for me much more enjoyable than the London Concert. The fan meet at Mather's bar was good fun with a few people, and I thank Ed for arranging and being a great host.
I loved the old city as well.
I flew with Ståle and Glyn to EDI from LHR, and Ståle was lucky to get a ride with Grant S. back to Glasgow for his airplane back to Norway

I met TD and Edgar upstairs afterwards, and talked to Bernhard and also Bianca and Thorsten who now seem to recognize me. :shock:
was very honoured that they were interested in what I did for a living!

To all (especially Stephen) I'd like to say thanks for the many free beers I got from friendly TD fans, making the weekend very funny, and a little cheaper :-) :lol:

I've had read the various comments on various with great excitement, so there's not much time left to post, because I'm not home yet - I'm at Copenhagen Central Station - will be home 1am, and I'm soon out of internet time... so keep an eye on my blog for the next coming days. ;)
Jacob's Tangerine Dream Blog
http://tangerinedream.pertou.dk/
Schulze

Post by Schulze »

I do not have the words to describe last night, but it was an incredible experience.

Many many thanks to everyone who came to Mathers, I hope you enjoyed it as much as me. :D
I'll second that. :D

It was an absolutely stunning night with a few surprises.... :wink:

Graham
Be at one with the sequencing.....
EDWEIRDO

Post by EDWEIRDO »

Schulze wrote:

Graham
Glad you got home safe Graham. It was an absolute pleasure meeting you and look forward to the next time :wink:
EDWEIRDO

Post by EDWEIRDO »

jacob wrote:

Edinburgh was a blast, and for me much more enjoyable than the London Concert. The fan meet at Mather's bar was good fun with a few people, and I thank Ed for arranging and being a great host.
I loved the old city as well.
I flew with Ståle and Glyn to EDI from LHR, and Ståle was lucky to get a ride with Grant S. back to Glasgow for his airplane back to Norway

I met TD and Edgar upstairs afterwards, and talked to Bernhard and also Bianca and Thorsten who now seem to recognize me. :shock:
was very honoured that they were interested in what I did for a living!

To all (especially Stephen) I'd like to say thanks for the many free beers I got from friendly TD fans, making the weekend very funny, and a little cheaper :-) :lol:

I've had read the various comments on various with great excitement, so there's not much time left to post, because I'm not home yet - I'm at Copenhagen Central Station - will be home 1am, and I'm soon out of internet time... so keep an eye on my blog for the next coming days. ;)
Hope you have a safe journey home Jacob. Thanks for making the effort to come along, it was great to see you and Stale again.
Schulze

Post by Schulze »

EDWEIRDO wrote:
Schulze wrote:

Graham
Glad you got home safe Graham. It was an absolute pleasure meeting you and look forward to the next time :wink:
Likewise Ed, it was an absolute pleasure meeting you.

This was my first TD gig, and i while i did have a few ideas about what it might be like, i could never have imagined that the evening would unfold the way it did.... wow...surreal,....far out.... :wink:
Be at one with the sequencing.....
24db

Post by 24db »

I'm down at the subway club....where are you lot? hmmm beers' cheap though ;)
24db

Post by 24db »

I didn't drag my decent camera down to the Picture House, so I had to make do with my crappy digi-cam, so apologises about the quality (I'll be able to post more later in the week...complete with a 'fingers crossed' complete write ups of the two concerts:
Last edited by 24db on Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
EDWEIRDO

Post by EDWEIRDO »

24db wrote:I'm down at the subway club....where are you lot? hmmm beers' cheap though ;)
Be there in 40 mins. Mine's a Stella :lol:
24db

Post by 24db »

EDWEIRDO wrote:
24db wrote:I'm down at the subway club....where are you lot? hmmm beers' cheap though ;)
Bernies party dress is something else
24db

Post by 24db »

EDWEIRDO wrote:
didn't fancy yours much...plays in a band you say?
EDWEIRDO

Post by EDWEIRDO »

24db wrote:
EDWEIRDO wrote:
didn't fancy yours much...plays in a band you say?
..so he told me. Never heard of them mind you.
EDWEIRDO

Post by EDWEIRDO »

Some (very poor quality) pics from Edinburgh, taken from my phone:

tangerine62

Post by tangerine62 »

Absolutely fantastic................all band members were brilliant, a superb light and laser show, didn't feel the cold, and my legs from hips down were killing me at the end, but i'd do it all again tomorrow.

Only blip was that there were no programmes, and worse they ran out of t-shirts about 3 people before me.......so i bought 2 mini cd's and a dvd. But you can't really wear them.

Once again a great concert, only let down by poor merchandise, or lack of it.
redziller

Post by redziller »

So glad I made this one. Batteries died on the camera mid-gig and to be honest I was glad to be left just enjoying the music

up here

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.c ... =383143918

or larger scale http://www.redziller.co.uk/td/20081102/

Gutted not to get a good pic of the main man. But at my third attempt at a meeting I did manage to speak to him - and you have to applaud Edgar's language skills - speaks great english and understands gibberish too as I managed to talk to him, well, "at" him might be more accurate.

After the London gig & Cloud Burst Flight, my first TD track, I decided to bring my first TD sleeve - Force Majeure - in the hopes of having Edgar and Bernhard sign it. As you can see they both obliged so it's going up on the wall in a frame tomorrow.

And really after a gig, travelling, and a next gig you can do nothing but respect TD but especially EF for still making the effort to bother with the meet and greet and be so good natured about it.

The gig itself was as good as I could ever hope for. CBF was special-great yes, but Hunter Shot, Trauma, '08 tracks were sheer delight

And I suppose that's why I am so full of admiration for TD because they still produce challenging, important , innovative and damn-cool works.

Good times!
imho

TD

/ did \
- does - ROCK!
\ will /

https://shiningpyramid.bandcamp.com/releases

http://www.redziller.co.uk/ffp/ TD video game
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Great photos redziller. The photo of Linda is just beautiful. I'm very jealous. :mrgreen: