TD: London Eye Concert reviews/photos

Eennom
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Eennom »

WildGuineaPig wrote:
- sound - was excellent (I'm still a bit deaf in my left ear but it was worth it

I disaggree: sound was not excellent. It was too loud and the high frequency sounds were badly scattered and overrules all other midfrequency sounds. Half the show I had my fingers in my ears; that's not where they should be. The 'one-night-in-space' peformance in Frankfurt was also with a bad sound. I guess the sound-engineer is allready deaf, and I hope TD will (they must!) replace him on their next show.

For the rest a great show! I wonder how many people (probably only the first row on the balcony and those people who were standing downstairs and look backwards) enjoyed the laser figures which were projected on the balcony border. From the balcony point of view the laserbeams created a virtual ceiling where we looked through.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Beaubourg wrote:Sounds like it was an excellent night!

Question: was it filmed per usual?
Yes it was. :D

....I want that DVD asap!!!
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Great photos BTF.

...I'm guessing you weren't downstairs with us mere mortals?
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

Chris Monk wrote:Great photos BTF.

Cheers! I decided to get as high as I could to take pictures of the lasers.
From where I was, the hall looked full to capacity.... so around 2500 people at a guess. I don't think I've seen a more enthusiastic crowd either. There was such a good atmosphere.
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
Mac cuber transfer

Post by Mac cuber transfer »

Message removed by author
Last edited by Mac cuber transfer on Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

billythefish wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:Great photos BTF.

Cheers! I decided to get as high as I could to take pictures of the lasers.
From where I was, the hall looked full to capacity.... so around 2500 people at a guess. I don't think I've seen a more enthusiastic crowd either. There was such a good atmosphere.
The crowd were top-notch. Shame that some were duped into missing the final encore by some muppet turning up the house lights. Fortunately not too many had gone by that point but I was almost one of them. :roll:

If you could "can" that atmosphere you could make a fortune.
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

Chris Monk wrote: The crowd were top-notch. Shame that some were duped into missing the final encore by some muppet turning up the house lights. Fortunately not too many had gone by that point but I was almost one of them. :roll:
Yeh - I went out to the WC at that point and could hear Cloudburst starting over the tannoy. Never have I peed more quickly!
timer

Post by timer »

bigmoog wrote:if anyone wants a limited edition BM sticker as given out at thee abbey tavern, sorry they were limited :P
The most treasured Ltd edition Ever mate ! cheers 8)
Along with the auto on the Mrs's arm - she's refusing to wash now ! :shock: :wink:

EFFER !
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

billythefish wrote:
Chris Monk wrote: The crowd were top-notch. Shame that some were duped into missing the final encore by some muppet turning up the house lights. Fortunately not too many had gone by that point but I was almost one of them. :roll:
Yeh - I went out to the WC at that point and could hear Cloudburst starting over the tannoy. Never have I peed more quickly!
When Bernhard handed Edgar the acoustic guitar to strum the opening chords...... it's not a moment I'm going to forget soon. Pure TD magic.
ngc891

Post by ngc891 »

Eennom wrote:WildGuineaPig wrote:
- sound - was excellent (I'm still a bit deaf in my left ear but it was worth it

I disaggree: sound was not excellent. It was too loud and the high frequency sounds were badly scattered and overrules all other midfrequency sounds. Half the show I had my fingers in my ears; that's not where they should be. The 'one-night-in-space' peformance in Frankfurt was also with a bad sound. I guess the sound-engineer is allready deaf, and I hope TD will (they must!) replace him on their next show.

For the rest a great show! I wonder how many people (probably only the first row on the balcony and those people who were standing downstairs and look backwards) enjoyed the laser figures which were projected on the balcony border. From the balcony point of view the laserbeams created a virtual ceiling where we looked through.

Sadly, I concur.

Not Good ..... Nuff said

Chris W
The stars are matter, We're matter, But it doesn't matter
Laserdisc Dream

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

Cool thinks for photos. :wink:

:!: :arrow:
wayfarer

Post by wayfarer »

@billythefish - Great photos!
timer

Post by timer »

One of the best sets Ive heard for a long time ! well done TD - two happy somerset bunnies ! :D
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

timer wrote:One of the best sets Ive heard for a long time ! well done TD - two happy somerset bunnies ! :D
I've been waiting a little longer for the natural high to pass before judging, but I have to say that was probably the best concert I have ever been to... Oxford 1986 was my previous favourite, but possibly partly because it was also my first.
Janus

Post by Janus »

Beaubourg wrote:Sounds like it was an excellent night!

Question: was it filmed per usual?
Yes there was the usual film crew set-up so we're in for another TD dvd classic soon I'd imagine :D :D :D
Last edited by Janus on Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://heyzradio.com
For Tim - Always in our thoughts and hearts, the dream remains the same