TD: London Eye Concert reviews/photos

pogofish
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by pogofish »

Sod the spoiler warnings - we are looking forward to Edinburgh tonight even more now! :) Thanks.

Heading for the the bus to the station in half an hour! :)
WildGuineaPig

Post by WildGuineaPig »

Ah that was so good I've just got to come out of lurk mode!

I've still got a coathanger stuck in my mouth - what a gig. It could rank up there as the best ever (including the Logos tour!). My son's verdict was - nearly as good as Muse - which from him is a huge compliment!

- venue was pretty good, just a bit too hard to find for the directionally challenged - sorry I missed the meet before the gig!
- merch stand, I feel sorry for you EB you needed another 5 assistants!
- sound - was excellent (I'm still a bit deaf in my left ear but it was worth it
- performances - superb the band was really tight and seemed to be enjoying it as much as we were

Off to watch a DVD and listen to a few CDs

G
"Everyone knows rock n' roll attained perfection in 1974. It's a scientific fact. " - Homer Simpson
Justin

Post by Justin »

Top show! If u forget the farce regarding the 'early entry' for TDOC' members at the front door which was a disaster, it was a great night. Got front row upstairs which was cool. Band were on top form and got to meet Edgar and the band after at the meet and greet. Excellent set list with a good few surprises. Great crowd, fairly full venue, and the band seemed to respond with a great performance. Laser show was a good addition to the theatrics. Met up with some old friends and met some more for the first time eg Chris Newman form the TDFZ. Nice bunch of fans indeed. Hello to anyone I bumped into last night.
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

great fan meet-hello to old and new friends....but....terrible weather....and bm got crushed at merch stall :D he was right about the ltd ep

gig? will report another time as i had to leave at 10.30ish :shock:
...The wise.....are silent.....
Hyperboreauk

Post by Hyperboreauk »

Just arrived back awesome concert,a busy fan meet for me, terrible weather got saturated but the concert made up for that, wiil post more later busy day going out again.
bigmoog

TDOC fast track entry

Post by bigmoog »

hugely disorganised.....normal ticket holders got entry at the same time...or before....good job i left me tdoc card at home!!!.....i reckon bm was in the first 20 in....so straight to merch stall-which was HELL :roll:
Raystorm

Post by Raystorm »

It was a truly awesome night last night :D I'll echo previous comments about the TDOC fast track entry being a complete shambles, but the gig more than made up for it! Highlights for me were Loved by the Sun, Streethawk and Love on a Real Train, but I don't think ANYTHING can come close to the finish of Cloudburst Flight! Top comedy moment of the night was Colin using a plastic bag as a rain hat and also deciding to stop off at another pub on the way to the gig due to the awful weather!
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Well I suppose I ought to post something about the show (busy morning taking the mother-in-law home and taking the kids to the cinema).

To start with, and to put this into some sort of context, I've just had a b*tch of a week and had to work Saturday morning where I discovered a huge mistake had been made that almost...... well sadly not allowed to go there. Spent the rest of the morning sorting out the mess and also trying to console a member of staff who'd been pretty bady treated by one of the other members of staff. I was supposed to finish at 1pm but was still there at 2pm. I then dashed home chucked down a pizza and got in the car.

Drove through torrential rain up the M4 to London, witnessing some utterly unbelievable driving given the conditions. Got stuck in traffic queues, too numerous to mention. Parked the car up in West London and got on the tube at Hammersmith. The tube stopped at Earl's Court and picked up a huge number of Sunderland and Chelsea fans, all h0t, sweaty and smellling of beer. It then stopped at South Kensington and picked up another huge quantity of people, this time shoppers laden with goods and reaking of expensive perfume, aftershave and BO. Unpleasant is just not a big enough word.

After a change of trains at Leicester Square we made our way to Kentish Town. Had a quick snack and coffee in a local cafe and then it was 7pm. Went to the Forum and tried to find the queue for TDOC card holders. Realised there wasn't one and then got in the queue proper. Spent 20-30 minutes in the rain, and got soaked, before finally getting into the Forum.

So there I am at 8pm cold, wet, tired, misserable and wondering what the hell I'm doing in this godforsaken place called Kentish Town.

Then the music starts and it all goes away.

Won't say much about what was played at the show, I'll gather my thoughts over the week and post after the 7th, but it was utterly brilliant. A great, darned near perfect, set list and some outstanding musicianship.

Yep there were moments of great joy, moments of humour and some of tears. You couldn't fail to love the show and the crowd lapped it up.

Thank goodness I didn't turn back when I felt like it on the M4 or standing in the rain.
wayfarer

Post by wayfarer »

The good stuff - meeting up with a quality bunch of people! A cool EP. The lasers were nice.

That's it really.

Photos will arrive on my Facebook and myspace site soon.

myspace.com/wayfarer2006
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

if anyone wants a limited edition BM sticker as given out at thee abbey tavern, sorry they were limited :P
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

Has anyone else been trying to upload pictures yet? I can't seem to manage at the moment (and no, it's not the drink this time ;-) )
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

Here are a few pictures to start with:

http://www.photobox.co.uk/album/77207616
xsaram3

Post by xsaram3 »

Who gives a stuff if the weather was lousy, or if Kentish Town's a dump

That had to be the best gig for a very long time!!
Totaly awesome!!!

from the moment the band came on stage the pace and energy never stopped.

The choice of music was terrific and the set gelled together so well.
have to take my hat of to BB he realy is a fantastic guitarist and adds a welcome harder edge to some of the remixed earlier tracks.

High spot was probably "One Night in Space" I know its been done a lot but it just gets you right where it needs to!!!

Missed the merchandise stall, so looks like a massive order will be off to eastgate during the week.

Must say a huge thank you to Edgar, Thorsten, Bernhard, Iris, Linda and all the back stage crew for giving us all such a FANTASTIC night.

Roll on 2009 more of the same PLEASE!!
" Eat Sh1t, a million flies can't be wrong"
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

Ah! At last (Photobucket's behaving strangely this weekend...)

Beaubourg

Post by Beaubourg »

Sounds like it was an excellent night!

Question: was it filmed per usual?