TD: London Eye Concert reviews/photos

Chris Monk
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Chris Monk »

GlynRichards wrote:
24db wrote:lol....click and hope :D

a serious answer? ok, shutter priority at between 1/30-1/60th of second and probably about 800 ASA/ISO, with a 50mm 1.8 lens. and I normally underexpose by 2/3rds of a stop

I will have to go back and 'de-noise' some of them though
I see, so is that a relatively slow shutter, but faster 'film speed' them?

Don't know much about these new fangled devices to be honest!
When I used to do film photography 1/60 was as slow as I'd go, slower than that and camera shake and image blurring got pretty bad. I've taken photos at shows using 400 film and they've been pretty good. I did try 1000 film at one point and found it gave very good shutter speeds but found the images way too grainy. Clearly 800 is a good midway point.

I think the real trick is to use a camera lens with a fairly big aperture (ie a low f number - in Andy's case 1.8). I'm also interested to see that he underexposes his images, the temptation in low light levels is to go the other way.

I'm a little bit sad that I didn't take a camera to the show but think that it would have gone ppphhzzzzzttt in all the rain.
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

I was lucky to be able to lean on the balcony hand rail. I had the ASA setting on 800 and have used a noise filter on some of the images.

My lens is only F3.5, but it does have image stabilisation, so that gives it the equivalent of about an F2.8
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
pogofish

Post by pogofish »

Chris Monk wrote:I think the real trick is to use a camera lens with a fairly big aperture (ie a low f number - in Andy's case 1.8). I'm also interested to see that he underexposes his images, the temptation in low light levels is to go the other way.
Yup. I usually take one of my old bright manual lenses & guestimate the exposure, typically in the 40th-125th range at 800/1600ASA - In a concert situation, you generally will have no choice but to underexpose in all but the brightest lighting.

Another trick is to try & catch for that moment of stillness in the performer - even in the midst of the most frenetic activity.

Then a little work in software for curves/levels & a final de-noise to clean-up the image.
hansx

Post by hansx »

Again great pictures. The ladies are looking good. And Edgar seems to have it cold. was it cold?
24db

Post by 24db »

I'm working on a review of the whole two days...a shorter version will be available here within a week or so, whilst a fuller version C/W photos will be over on my blog
24db

Post by 24db »

alipaul

Post by alipaul »

I don't know about you guys but i would like a 2 disc version of this gig
especially as Cloudburst Flight was played.
How about a DVD & CD Combo ?
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

alipaul wrote:I don't know about you guys but i would like a 2 disc version of this gig
Great idea Daz :idea: 8)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

alipaul wrote:I don't know about you guys but i would like a 2 disc version of this gig
Great idea but it'd have to be 3 discs. I don't want anyone taking scissors to the tapes so that it'll fit on 2 discs, I won't the whole thing. :wink:
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

It's been a while since we had an actual live CD..OK there have been downloads but a CD set would be nice.
24db

Post by 24db »

Chris Monk wrote:
GlynRichards wrote:
24db wrote:lol....click and hope :D

a serious answer? ok, shutter priority at between 1/30-1/60th of second and probably about 800 ASA/ISO, with a 50mm 1.8 lens. and I normally underexpose by 2/3rds of a stop

I will have to go back and 'de-noise' some of them though
I see, so is that a relatively slow shutter, but faster 'film speed' them?

Don't know much about these new fangled devices to be honest!
When I used to do film photography 1/60 was as slow as I'd go, slower than that and camera shake and image blurring got pretty bad. I've taken photos at shows using 400 film and they've been pretty good. I did try 1000 film at one point and found it gave very good shutter speeds but found the images way too grainy. Clearly 800 is a good midway point.

I think the real trick is to use a camera lens with a fairly big aperture (ie a low f number - in Andy's case 1.8). I'm also interested to see that he underexposes his images, the temptation in low light levels is to go the other way.

I'm a little bit sad that I didn't take a camera to the show but think that it would have gone ppphhzzzzzttt in all the rain.
the whole under-exposure thing dates back to when I used to take slides, and they always looked better slightly underexposed, plus obviously you always have the danger of burning out the highlights with digital cameras
exit81

Post by exit81 »

A great pack would be made up of a DVD from the London gig and a 2xCD of the Edinburgh gig....all for £20!! :D
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

exit81 wrote:A great pack would be made up of a DVD from the London gig and a 2xCD of the Edinburgh gig....all for £20!! :D
Now you are talking :wink: :wink:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
bergen-dreamer

Post by bergen-dreamer »

alipaul wrote:How about a DVD & CD Combo ?
Or even better:

A nice box set of 2 (3?) 180 g. LP's, 2 CD's, DVD & full format booklet :D
zygote23

Post by zygote23 »

I'd be jumping at the chance to get some nice heavy vinyl TD..........mmmmmmmmmm 200g Ricochet