Emergency TD Travel fund...

GlynRichards
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by GlynRichards »

epsilon75 wrote:With over 100 people coming to the pre-concert meet what if we charged everyone £2 per ticket for the raffle :idea: this could raise quite a bit of money toward Jacob's hugely unfortunate situation and if everyone put the £2 in this would pay for his air fair.

I know it would mean everybody contributing but i cant see many people turning down a £2 donation,if Jacob can somehow get someone to book another flight for him,the money we raise on Saturday he could use to pay whoever back.

At the end of the day nobody is skinting themselves donating £2 for a raffle ticket,there is a chance of a prize at the end and Jacob gets his TD concert flight.

What do you all think?
That fits in with one of my earlier thoughts. I just didn't want to be the one to suggest it! :)

I'm more than happy to do this. I reasoned that if we have 100 people at £2 a pop then Jacobs a happy bunny!
Janus

Post by Janus »

Marvelous idea Colin :D
http://heyzradio.com
For Tim - Always in our thoughts and hearts, the dream remains the same
GlynRichards

Re: Emergency TD Travel fund...

Post by GlynRichards »

GlynRichards wrote: In actual fact if you think of all the people at the 'pre-gig' meet. then only £2. 8)
Nicking my idea then CJ? :D :D :D :D :D :D
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

GlynRichards wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:With over 100 people coming to the pre-concert meet what if we charged everyone £2 per ticket for the raffle :idea: this could raise quite a bit of money toward Jacob's hugely unfortunate situation and if everyone put the £2 in this would pay for his air fair.

I know it would mean everybody contributing but i cant see many people turning down a £2 donation,if Jacob can somehow get someone to book another flight for him,the money we raise on Saturday he could use to pay whoever back.

At the end of the day nobody is skinting themselves donating £2 for a raffle ticket,there is a chance of a prize at the end and Jacob gets his TD concert flight.

What do you all think?
That fits in with one of my earlier thoughts. I just didn't want to be the one to suggest it! :)

I'm more than happy to do this. I reasoned that if we have 100 people at £2 a pop then Jacobs a happy bunny!
Glyn

Im running the raffle for the fans,if someone will give me a hand on the day to take money and keep it safe for all to see i am more than prepared to do it.

If Jacob agrees and he can get a flight booked there is a great chance we can cover part or all of his costs,its down to JP and if the circumstances for him are right.
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
GlynRichards

Post by GlynRichards »

epsilon75 wrote:
GlynRichards wrote:

What do you all think?

Glyn

Im running the raffle for the fans,if someone will give me a hand on the day to take money and keep it safe for all to see i am more than prepared to do it.

If Jacob agrees and he can get a flight booked there is a great chance we can cover part or all of his costs,its down to JP and if the circumstances for him are right.
Yes, I'm up for it. I don't fancy the prospect of wandering around with pockets of £2 coins though!

First things first we need to contact Jacob to see if this is okay with him. There's the added problem that he has cancelled his room and given away his Edinburgh ticket. But I guess if he just could get to the London gig then that's better than none! :lol:
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

There will be no carrying money about anywhere,we will station ourselves at a table and give tickets and take the money from there.

We will use a tin and EVERYONE can see exactly what is going in the tin on that table,no need to carry any money in pockets.

Its down to a decision from JP now,im sure he will read this thread soon :arrow:
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

Great idea, I am sure no one will mind buying a raffle ticket. Even if Jacob just makes the London gig it would be better than nothing. I would hate to see the ticket goto waste.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

cantosis wrote:Great idea, I am sure no one will mind buying a raffle ticket. Even if Jacob just makes the London gig it would be better than nothing. I would hate to see the ticket goto waste.
I agree with you entirely,its not a situation i would like to be in,at the end of the day we are ALL TD fans :arrow:
GlynRichards

Post by GlynRichards »

epsilon75 wrote:There will be no carrying money about anywhere,we will station ourselves at a table and give tickets and take the money from there.

We will use a tin and EVERYONE can see exactly what is going in the tin on that table,no need to carry any money in pockets.

Its down to a decision from JP now,im sure he will read this thread soon :arrow:
I guess we'll know how many tickets we've given out so we could use this to cross check on the funds.

This week I am mostly excited!
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

GlynRichards wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:There will be no carrying money about anywhere,we will station ourselves at a table and give tickets and take the money from there.

I guess we'll know how many tickets we've given out so we could use this to cross check on the funds.

I will be doing a roll-call of fans for the pre-meet anyway,so we will know exactly who gives and who does not :arrow:
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

More than happy to do this. It's less than the price of a pint of ale after all!

@ JP - if you've cancelled the hotel room, you're more than welcome to sleep on a sofa at my place - I'll even supply the sleeping bag and some strong coffee in the morning ;-)
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
timer

Post by timer »

epsilon75 wrote:
GlynRichards wrote:

I will be doing a roll-call of fans for the pre-meet anyway,so we will know exactly who gives and who does not :arrow:

I have absolutely no issue to give some cash for this.
Hyperboreauk

Post by Hyperboreauk »

timer wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
GlynRichards wrote: I guess we'll know how many tickets we've given out so we could use this to cross check on the funds.

I have absolutely no issue to give some cash for this.
Same here, also glad to assist on the day.
timer

Post by timer »

Might be an idea for some one to try contacting Jacob on this ? I can't do as am at work !
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

timer wrote:Might be an idea for some one to try contacting Jacob on this ? I can't do as am at work !
Ive emailed him :arrow: