Emergency TD Travel fund...

GlynRichards
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Emergency TD Travel fund...

Post by GlynRichards »

... we ought to have one of these set up. Basically a backup plan for anyone who has unexpectedly had to cancel their arrangements. Probably operated on a first come first served basis.

I feel really bad for Jacob. He must be gutted :( . I was thinking that we could have an 'emergency' plan for these situations in the future.

It wouldn't take much if we all pulled together. I'd thrown a tenner into the pot.

If I understand the exchange rate. We'd would have only needed twenty of so like-minded and generous people.

In actual fact if you think of all the people at the 'pre-gig' meet. then only £2. 8)
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

Yeh it`s a good idea, I wouldn`t be able to do something like that at the moment as my working situation is very much off and on. But if I were in perm work I would certainly help out as much as I can.
wayfarer

Post by wayfarer »

A very generous and sound offer Glyn. TBH a tenner is a little steep :lol: But i'd throw in a fiver if it helped someone out and was managed properly.
GlynRichards

Post by GlynRichards »

wayfarer wrote:A very generous and sound offer Glyn. TBH a tenner is a little steep :lol: But i'd throw in a fiver if it helped someone out and was managed properly.
I guess it would all depend on the number of participants as well. I personally would have done a tenner this time (to get the ball rolling as it were), but it would have to be up to whatever someone would be comfortable donating. Minimum 50p! :lol:

Yes, the problem is managing this situation. I think it sounds more like a 'when it's needed' fund rather than an account 'in case of'.

The only drawback is getting funds to someone that deserves it within good time. As I don't think anyone should bank on getting a donation just because things have gone slighly wrong.

In Jacobs case (and it maybe because of my TD situation this weekend :P ) I feel that given a little more time we could have all sorted the problem for him.
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

For Jacob I think it is just his flights that are buggered. he already has the tickets and his hotels booked. Its very sad.
timer

Post by timer »

Great idea Glyn - I'd certainly be up for helping out TD Fans in this type of situation. 8)
rockyrobin

Post by rockyrobin »

Are people chipping in for Jacob?

If so i'm on board with a tenner - but how???

Robin
"What is success? Glory? Honour? Blah blah... 'I'll never know how the elephant got into my pyjamas.' (Marx, Animal Crackers)
Goodnight, folks."
Edgar Froese on a day in the touring life of tangerine dream, UK program, 1981.
GlynRichards

Post by GlynRichards »

rockyrobin wrote:Are people chipping in for Jacob?

If so i'm on board with a tenner - but how???

Robin
I'm not sure if we'd be able to help Jacob out at this short notice. Although by my reckoning we could potentially have about twenty-five quid already! :shock:

It was more of an idea for the future.

However, as generosity is indeed rife on this forum and we could get enough together and J. could get tickets then who knows!
24db

Post by 24db »

how much is the flight to the UK Jacob?

I'll help if needed
wayfarer

Post by wayfarer »

Yes, I'll gladly help with Jacob's flight, but hasn't his ticket gone now?
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

I would give up some of my beer money if it helps get Jacob here.
redziller

Post by redziller »

Me too - but then I'm on the wagon :)
imho

TD

/ did \
- does - ROCK!
\ will /

https://shiningpyramid.bandcamp.com/releases

http://www.redziller.co.uk/ffp/ TD video game
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

I'd chip in too. Jacob: find out how much you could get over for. Is the train / Eurostar an option for you?
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

With over 100 people coming to the pre-concert meet what if we charged everyone £2 per ticket for the raffle :idea: this could raise quite a bit of money toward Jacob's hugely unfortunate situation and if everyone put the £2 in this would pay for his air fair.

I know it would mean everybody contributing but i cant see many people turning down a £2 donation,if Jacob can somehow get someone to book another flight for him,the money we raise on Saturday he could use to pay whoever back.

At the end of the day nobody is skinting themselves donating £2 for a raffle ticket,there is a chance of a prize at the end and Jacob gets his TD concert flight.

What do you all think?
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
bigdaveh

Post by bigdaveh »

I think that is a good idea CJ as some good prizes on offer for the raffle. count me in.
The Stoke TDBA Division.