Tangerine Dream
The Official Forum

   * FAQ    * Search   * Login   * Register

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on Performances
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:37 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:58 pm
Posts: 46
Location: Crewe, England
I've never been to The Forum, can anyone fill me in on what it's like :?: Is it bigger than the Shepherd's Bush Empire and the Astoria? I'd like to get to the front of the stage, but I always have the dilemma of how long to stay at the merchandise stall to get the usual T-shirt and disc. Do you know if the concert will be filmed?
By the way, I bought one of Mr Froese's Zoom-O-Graphics prints earlier this year called "Timeless Floor" £89 altogether but worth every penny. I can recommend them, the canvas print arrived in a flat cardboard envelope very soon after I ordered it, signed with an authentification certificate. After carefully framing it, it looks great on my wall, a prized possession.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:27 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:58 pm
Posts: 7275
A Hyperborean wrote:
I've never been to The Forum, can anyone fill me in on what it's like :?: Is it bigger than the Shepherd's Bush Empire and the Astoria? I'd like to get to the front of the stage, but I always have the dilemma of how long to stay at the merchandise stall to get the usual T-shirt and disc. Do you know if the concert will be filmed?
By the way, I bought one of Mr Froese's Zoom-O-Graphics prints earlier this year called "Timeless Floor" £89 altogether but worth every penny. I can recommend them, the canvas print arrived in a flat cardboard envelope very soon after I ordered it, signed with an authentification certificate. After carefully framing it, it looks great on my wall, a prized possession.


I got Timeless Floor as well, very interesting print. I would love to know what was going through Edgar`s mind when he did that one :D.

I have not been to the Astoria either so I can`t answer your question


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:58 pm
Posts: 46
Location: Crewe, England
cantosis wrote:
I have not been to the Astoria either so I can`t answer your question


A Timeless coincidence. Mr. E. Froese seems to have naked ladies on his mind a lot lately :shock: (sensible chap). It was the receding corridor perspective that attracted me to it (honestly). It reminded me of Salvador Dali's work, an artist I'm sure most T.D. fans admire, or at least should do. Do you think the title "Zoom-O-Graphics" is a play on the word Pornographics? I think it is and the pictures seem to be about a reluctance to recognise and celebrate human sexuality, particularly in the Christian religious, prudish, authoritarian, prohibitive old world.
I preferred the Astoria to the Shepherd's Bush Empire. The Astoria has a bigger stage and it's in the heart of the West End, amongst all the historic theatres, a real taste of classic London.

_________________
Tangerine Dream cleans my brain.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:57 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:08 pm
Posts: 20418
anybody who knows anything about art will know that quite a few artists go through a stage of being fascinated by the female form...later in their career. Read into that whatever you want ;)

_________________
http://thezest-2010.blogspot.co.uk/
small print


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:08 pm
Posts: 20418
I hear that the Kentish Town Forum is a million miles better than the Astoria (but then again that probably isn't saying much), The Forum has had a complete re-fit recently so I'd imagine it's going to be one of the best venues TD have played at in years.

_________________
http://thezest-2010.blogspot.co.uk/
small print


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:05 pm
Posts: 11363
Location: Glasgow
24db wrote:
I hear that the Kentish Town Forum is a million miles better than the Astoria (but then again that probably isn't saying much), The Forum has had a complete re-fit recently so I'd imagine it's going to be one of the best venues TD have played at in years.


Didn't Jollyhawker remark on the Forum being a pretty good place the other month ?

We're in there at the begining of October so i'll report back then. :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:08 pm
Posts: 20418
timer wrote:
24db wrote:
I hear that the Kentish Town Forum is a million miles better than the Astoria (but then again that probably isn't saying much), The Forum has had a complete re-fit recently so I'd imagine it's going to be one of the best venues TD have played at in years.


Didn't Jollyhawker remark on the Forum being a pretty good place the other month ?

We're in there at the begining of October so i'll report back then. :)


Nice one Tim, I hear (no pun intended) that the acoustics of the place are very good

_________________
http://thezest-2010.blogspot.co.uk/
small print


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:46 pm
Posts: 24409
Location: Apatheticville
timer wrote:
24db wrote:
I hear that the Kentish Town Forum is a million miles better than the Astoria (but then again that probably isn't saying much), The Forum has had a complete re-fit recently so I'd imagine it's going to be one of the best venues TD have played at in years.


Didn't Jollyhawker remark on the Forum being a pretty good place the other month ?

We're in there at the begining of October so i'll report back then. :)


Neil told me when i was with him last that its an excellent venue with great sound quality 8)

_________________
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:52 pm
Posts: 7797
Location: Bristol, Uk
Sorry to go a little off topic but what's happened to the Astoria? I thought it had been knocked down yet there are one or two bands booked to play there in the next few months.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:58 pm
Posts: 7275
Chris Monk wrote:
Sorry to go a little off topic but what's happened to the Astoria? I thought it had been knocked down yet there are one or two bands booked to play there in the next few months.


I heard that it has been postponed till next year, they still do thgose G_A_Y nights as well apparantly


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:52 pm
Posts: 7797
Location: Bristol, Uk
Cheers cantosis. Kinda suspected that.

One of the bands is Hawkwind. I can imagine them playing in the rubble of the building site. :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic     Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on Performances All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

 
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum


Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group | Design by Homestage