Tangerine Dream
The Official Forum

* FAQ    * Search   * Login   * Register

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on Performances
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:00 pm 

I've been looking into hotels for the Nov 1 show. IS THE EARLS COURT AREA SAFE? Last time I was in London(1999), I stayed near the Earls Court area, and I remember it being okay. Is it a good location to get to the Forum and back using the Tube?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:10 pm 

Earl's Court is quite a long way out to the West of London, whereas the Forum is just north of Camden Town. Depending on where you're coming from, you'd be better off looking for somewhere North of town.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:11 pm 

billythefish wrote:
Earl's Court is quite a long way out to the West of London, whereas the Forum is just north of Camden Town. Depending on where you're coming from, you'd be better off looking for somewhere North of town.

or south...close to the northern line

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:42 pm 

I agree, with BTF and 24db

north or south would be better

and getting back to earls court from Kentish Town after the gig on the tube would probably be a royal pain late on a saturday night.....would take around 40 minutes.....depending :arrow:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:50 pm 

Thanks! Not much to choose from in and around Camden Town. I found a spot near Lancaster Gate Tube station. I could always cancel if I find something closer or better. Everything is freakin expensive in London for us americans. Dont know if I'm gonna make the edinburgh show yet. trying to convince the wife. If she says go for it, then we would fly over on Sunday and fly back to London Heathrow Monday. Our plans are only for 2 nights, then fly back across the pond to sunny SoCal and get ready for the UCLA gig. How late do the tubes run on Saturday nights? I figure 3 hours for TD, then hopefully hang out after the show. After all, coming all that way would be a big dissapointment if I could'nt meet the band and the fans.

Post new topic     Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on Performances All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Jump to: