Tangerine Dream
The Official Forum

* FAQ    * Search   * Login   * Register

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on Performances
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:37 pm 

I'm going to be controversial here and say that I dont want any more DVDs

I want blu ray :P :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:48 pm 

hansx wrote:
24db wrote:
bergen-dreamer wrote:
timer wrote:
NAVEL OF LIGHT wrote:
Hope there is a dvd, thats a great setlist and seeing various pics of the show and the stage set that would make a great dvd. Lets not get too ahead of ourselves though, with the Tangerine Dream Plays Edgar Froese dvd out soon, i reckon the Live at Loreley dvd would make a cracking christmas present?

(now im getting excited...we got the London show to look forward to as well...hope that is filmed?!). Wear your best sandals! :-)

I think these days filming of a TD show is part of the show !

I've enjoyed all of the DVD's thus far, and know I will enjoy new one's equally as much. But the old query is still going to raise its head - why no hitorical performances either in they're entirety or as compilation DVD.
Maybe EF feels the quality of the older filming is not up to scratch ? Who knows other than the master.

A dream come true for me would be a live DVD from TD live in the US from either '76 or '77 :D

A DVD from TD's US tour of 1976 would be a dream indeed, especially as they didn't tour then ;)

not in the USA, but in Europe they did. And any dvd of these concerts are very very welcome.

the thing is, who do you think filmed them in 1976? as in a 'whole concert'. Videotape wasn't really an option, so it would have been very expensive for a company to shoot a lot of film and then never to release it. I'm not saying that there isn't smaller clips of TD live in 1976, just not a whole concert. 1977 is slightly different as the band filmed Laserium as they wanted to write new music for the film of the best bits. Apart from 16mm or home cinefilm I very much doubt whether much exists from this time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:11 am 

bigmoog wrote:
I'm going to be controversial here and say that I dont want any more DVDs

I want blu ray :P :P

Me too, but I don't a player yet. not even a PS3. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:12 am 

24db wrote:
hansx wrote:
24db wrote:
bergen-dreamer wrote:
timer wrote:
NAVEL OF LIGHT wrote:
Hope there is a dvd, thats a great setlist and seeing various pics of the show and the stage set that would make a great dvd. Lets not get too ahead of ourselves though, with the Tangerine Dream Plays Edgar Froese dvd out soon, i reckon the Live at Loreley dvd would make a cracking christmas present?

(now im getting excited...we got the London show to look forward to as well...hope that is filmed?!). Wear your best sandals! :-)

I think these days filming of a TD show is part of the show !

I've enjoyed all of the DVD's thus far, and know I will enjoy new one's equally as much. But the old query is still going to raise its head - why no hitorical performances either in they're entirety or as compilation DVD.
Maybe EF feels the quality of the older filming is not up to scratch ? Who knows other than the master.

A dream come true for me would be a live DVD from TD live in the US from either '76 or '77 :D

A DVD from TD's US tour of 1976 would be a dream indeed, especially as they didn't tour then ;)

not in the USA, but in Europe they did. And any dvd of these concerts are very very welcome.

the thing is, who do you think filmed them in 1976? as in a 'whole concert'. Videotape wasn't really an option, so it would have been very expensive for a company to shoot a lot of film and then never to release it. I'm not saying that there isn't smaller clips of TD live in 1976, just not a whole concert. 1977 is slightly different as the band filmed Laserium as they wanted to write new music for the film of the best bits. Apart from 16mm or home cinefilm I very much doubt whether much exists from this time.

I know, I know. But I could have hopes, don't I. :?: :)

Post new topic     Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on Performances All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ] 

Jump to: