Tangerine Dream: Live in Edinburgh, Nov 2nd 2008

sparrow
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by sparrow »

Booked me tickets and haven't told the wife yet..I'm sure she'll be pleased..I hope. :oops: :oops: :wink:
24db

Post by 24db »

sparrow wrote:Booked me tickets and haven't told the wife yet..I'm sure she'll be pleased..I hope. :oops: :oops: :wink:
you are a very brave man
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

sparrow wrote:Booked me tickets and haven't told the wife yet..I'm sure she'll be pleased..I hope. :oops: :oops: :wink:
Glad you can make it John, hopefully I might see you there.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Glad they are in your neck of the woods John 8)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

exit81 wrote:Maybe this a day-by-day tour of UK capital cities, which means they're playing Cardiff on the 3rd!! Ok if we all crash at yours Colin???
You would be more than welcome,but somehow i dont think it will ever happen :cry:
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

BMI--- London Heathrow to Edinburgh...........Depart Sun 2nd Return Monday 3rd £84.60 Return :arrow: :P :D
redziller

Post by redziller »

krismopompas wrote:
Michael66 wrote:
krismopompas wrote:berlin, köln, münchen, hamburg???........... haaaallooooo edgar, wir sind auch noch da!!! :(
Da kann ich nur zustimmen. Essen, Bochum, Dortmund .. alles schöne Städte mit schönen Hallen! Ich würde zu gerne zu einem TD-Konzert einfach mal mit öffentlichen Verkehrsmitteln fahren ...
ich wär in allen 3 städten mit dabei :)
Jede Zeit erkenne ich das Glueck von Londonswohnung an
imho

TD

/ did \
- does - ROCK!
\ will /

https://shiningpyramid.bandcamp.com/releases

http://www.redziller.co.uk/ffp/ TD video game
24db

Post by 24db »

Did you know this is a brand new venue?

http://www.mamagroup.co.uk/picturehouse/
24db

Post by 24db »

Scene is set for launch of Picture House gig venue

Published Date: 18 July 2008
By GARETH EDWARDS
A MAJOR new music venue in the heart of Edinburgh is set to open later this year after a £1 million revamp.

The 1500-capacity Picture House venue is being created in the former Gig premises on Lothian Road by new owners Mama Group.

The revamp has seen the interior stripped right back its original 1920s stonework, when the venue was the famous Caley ciADVERTISEMENT nema.

And the new owners – who are behind famous London venues such as the Hammersmith Apollo and The Borderline – promised a big-name Scottish act would perform at the venue's opening night show in September.

Workmen are currently ripping out the DJ booths, disco lights and swirling carpets that were all fitted during the building's most recent incarnation as a nightclub.

As Century 2000 and Revolution, the club was one of the best known, and most notorious, nightspots in Edinburgh.

It was rebranded as Gig in 2005 but endured a troubled few years and eventually closed its doors in January last year.

The building has been empty ever since, and the ongoing refurbishment will see the building's interior returned almost completely to its original look.

A new stage, lighting and sound system are being installed, to ensure the venue can cater to the requirements of modern bands.

The aim is to revive the fortunes of the venue, which in the 70s and 80s played host to acts such as Pink Floyd, Queen, Genesis, AC/DC, New Order, and The Smiths.

London-based Mama Group, which also runs the Jazz Cafe and gay club G-A-Y, purchased the premises from Luminar for just over £3.5m earlier this year. The firm has said that it hopes to turn the Picture House into one of Edinburgh's best live music venues, putting it in direct competition with the Corn Exchange and the Queen's Hall.

Indie rockers Dirty Pretty Things are due to perform at The Picture House in October, as is New jersey blues guitarist Walter Trout, with US prog rocker Todd Rundgren lined up to perform in November.

And David Laing, group operations manager for Mama, insisted dozens of bands are eager to perform there.

"There has been such a need for a space this size in the centre of Edinburgh, and so we have found it has just been a case of letting promoters know that we are opening," he said.

Edinburgh City Council culture leader Deidre Brock added: "With a great location in a great city, I'm sure the venue will have the pulling power to bring in some top bands and the best performers for us all to enjoy."

The Picture House is set to open on September 13.
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

epsilon75 wrote:
Glad they are in your neck of the woods John 8)
I never thought TD would play up here again. My good lady is actually looking forward to the gig so I'm spared being sent to the dogs house again.
Schulze

Post by Schulze »

Just tried to book 2 tickets from the ticket master for myself and my lady and it says that the system is currently unavailable due to routine maintenance..... will need to try again in the morning.... :(
Be at one with the sequencing.....
Mars

Post by Mars »

I`m on for both shows! :-)
bergen-dreamer

Post by bergen-dreamer »

As much as I would love to see the Tangs in Edinburgh the London concert will have to do for me this time :arrow:
this is purely an economic issue, I just can't afford it :(
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

London, Edinburgh, LA, Berlin, US tour 2009 etc

CDs, cupdisks, albums, DVDs

what's going on>?....these are fabulous times for the TD fan

it makes me feel all young and springy

Long live TD and all fans :D
...The wise.....are silent.....
krismopompas

Post by krismopompas »

bigmoog wrote: Berlin,
when???????????????????????????????
time is the fire in which we burn (zoran)