Tangerine Dream
The Official Forum

   * FAQ    * Search   * Login   * Register

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on Performances
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:10 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 9:33 am
Posts: 1572
Location: Denmark
Image

I found this ticket stub on eBay. Now it seems that TD played in Derby the 14th November. I wonder if the concert the 6th November - also in Derby - did not not take place (and the audience recording was falsely dated, or recorded elsewhere.)

_________________
Jacob's Tangerine Dream Blog
http://tangerinedream.pertou.dk/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:45 pm
Posts: 498
jacob wrote:
Image

I found this ticket stub on eBay. Now it seems that TD played in Derby the 14th November. I wonder if the concert the 6th November - also in Derby - did not not take place (and the audience recording was falsely dated, or recorded elsewhere.)

The tour poster shows TD performing on every single day from November 1 to November 15th, 1980 - with one day off only on the 6th (and the 14th shows the Derby Assembly Room.)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:45 pm
Posts: 498
Of course there's always the chance that the band knew in advance that they weren't going to be able to perform on the 14th and chose the open date of the 6th to re-book (and they simply honored all the tix from the 14th)...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 9:33 am
Posts: 1572
Location: Denmark
Beaubourg wrote:
The tour poster shows TD performing on every single day from November 1 to November 15th, 1980 - with one day off only on the 6th (and the 14th shows the Derby Assembly Room.).
Of course there's always the chance that the band knew in advance that they weren't going to be able to perform on the 14th and chose the open date of the 6th to re-book (and they simply honored all the tix from the 14th)...


I just checked the 1980 tour poster Andy sent, and you are right about the date. I also think your 6th November theory is spot on. :)

_________________
Jacob's Tangerine Dream Blog
http://tangerinedream.pertou.dk/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:08 pm
Posts: 20418
jacob wrote:
Beaubourg wrote:
The tour poster shows TD performing on every single day from November 1 to November 15th, 1980 - with one day off only on the 6th (and the 14th shows the Derby Assembly Room.).
Of course there's always the chance that the band knew in advance that they weren't going to be able to perform on the 14th and chose the open date of the 6th to re-book (and they simply honored all the tix from the 14th)...


I just checked the 1980 tour poster Andy sent, and you are right about the date. I also think your 6th November theory is spot on. :)


if you check tour dates, against tickets and new items you'd double the amount of concerts TD have played over the years. ALL of the existing lists of TD concert dates still have many errors


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic     Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on Performances All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

 
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum


cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group | Design by Homestage