Tangerine Dream live at the Royce Hall, UCLA, Nov 7th 2008

24db
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by 24db »

tdream4ever wrote:I believe so. 40 year anniversary is a milestone for a group to be around. Not many make it that far. So, it would be nice to see a surprise guest or two to show up. Haslinger and Schmoelling was involved with alot of soundtracks during that period of TD's music. EF, hope your reading this post.
Edgar's already asked Johannes once (in 2006..and Johannes said no) so I can't see him bothering again.
24db

Post by 24db »

Looks like the Royce Hall is fairly cheap to hire at approx $7780+++....hmm perhaps US fans can dig deep and get TD to stay for another night? ;)
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

after 23rd July I will purchase concert ticket and assess hotels etc

this is all arse about face....but possibly a real adventure, pending BM getting run over by a milk float
...The wise.....are silent.....
ant

Post by ant »

:( Would have loved to see TD in LA as I love TD (of course) and love the USofA, however I am already spending two weeks in the US in Mar 09 so cannot afford to go to LA in Nov 08 as well. Shame but unless I win the lottery it's sadly a no no!! Sure it will be great though. I still have the Nov 1 gig to look forward to. :D
Biggus Dickus
harmonicaman

Post by harmonicaman »

cantosis wrote:any diehard brit fans going to make this gig?
This one is,

Eindhoven
Loreley
London
LA

The credit cards getting a beating

Even more so if Japan actually comes about - which I suspect is looking less and less likely.

Be making it a week in LA, so the MRS and kids will be making the trip also, gig though will probably be myself and our eldest and my mate who we'll be staying with - good but expensive times :lol:
24db

Post by 24db »

should be a great gig
whiteeagle

Post by whiteeagle »

Great that TD play after many years in the US...
...."a splendid time is guaranteed for all"
....I hope our turn (Greece) won't be long :roll:
Keep on (Tangerine) Dreaming
24db

Post by 24db »

whiteeagle wrote:Great that TD play after many years in the US...
they should play Greece, they'd get a better turn out! ;)
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

24db wrote:
whiteeagle wrote:Great that TD play after many years in the US...
they should play Greece, they'd get a better turn out! ;)
I'll second that. I mentioned LA to my wife and got a very frosty reply. I reckon that Greece would get a much warmer response.
stevo4

Post by stevo4 »

OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG!!!!

Why didn't anyone tell me/call me/Twitter me/email me/Text me/hit me over the head with a brick!!!

I live about 6 minutes from Royce Hall!!!! Forget about flying, i could ride my bike to the show!!! I just happened to check in on the Forums (i' don't frequent this site every day.... my bad) and saw the post about the upcoming show.

Is this the only location in the States? Nothing is even listed on Ticket Master yet.

I will do everything in my powers to shoot this show (last time was 86 (see photopass) and share the work here.

I will also become my own personal "Street Team" for TD and tell everyone i know about them coming and to go see them!!!

Can't wait to get tickets and meet some of you lot. And i'd be happy to provide locations of the local British Pubs, etc. Santa Monica has a nice English community.
stevo4

Post by stevo4 »

Sooo, i'm not a member of the TD Fan club, etc. I was wondering what the procedure is to getting on the short list to meet EF and the band at the show, like i've seen and read at the European shows. I don't know if that would even be offered over here but i'd like to try and be apart of as much as possible and want to do whatever i can in advance of ticket sales and the show.

Thanks.

Stevo
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

stevo4 wrote:Sooo, i'm not a member of the TD Fan club, etc. I was wondering what the procedure is to getting on the short list to meet EF and the band at the show, like i've seen and read at the European shows. I don't know if that would even be offered over here but i'd like to try and be apart of as much as possible and want to do whatever i can in advance of ticket sales and the show.

Thanks.

Stevo
Try a message to the TD myspace site Stevo :idea: :wink:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
24db

Post by 24db »

stevo4 wrote:OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG!!!!

Why didn't anyone tell me/call me/Twitter me/email me/Text me/hit me over the head with a brick!!!

I live about 6 minutes from Royce Hall!!!! Forget about flying, i could ride my bike to the show!!! I just happened to check in on the Forums (i' don't frequent this site every day.... my bad) and saw the post about the upcoming show.

Is this the only location in the States? Nothing is even listed on Ticket Master yet.

I will do everything in my powers to shoot this show (last time was 86 (see photopass) and share the work here.

I will also become my own personal "Street Team" for TD and tell everyone i know about them coming and to go see them!!!

Can't wait to get tickets and meet some of you lot. And i'd be happy to provide locations of the local British Pubs, etc. Santa Monica has a nice English community.
so far this is the only US concert, so you've had a right result :)

Tickets won't be available until later in July

As a side note, perhaps TD/Eastgate could advertise their gigs a tad better on their website and forum (Larger text, group emails etc) anything to make it more eye catching? Just a thought

TD are to play the Royce Hall, UCLA on Friday, November 7th at 8.00PM:
Price: $48, $36, $24($15 UCLA students)

Tangerine Dream

Earning a tenacious cult following in 1974 for their stunning debut album Phaedra, the groundbreaking German group Tangerine Dream has played a major role in the rise of electronic music – from the krautrock of the early ‘70s to the synth pop of the ‘80s to the ambient and electronica dance music of today. Led by visionary founder Edward (sic) Froese, this über-influential band brings their spacey, pulsating sound to UCLA Live in a concert celebrating its 40th anniversary. Accompanied by the group’s dazzling trademark light and video choreography, the program will feature music from their more than 50 television and movie soundtracks, and some of their most popular works from the 1970s-1990s. “Tangerine Dream stays vigorously on track and on theme, daring their listeners to follow them into the surreal landscapes of the dreamed and desired” [The New York Times].

SINGLE TICKETS GO ON SALE JULY 23.

Phone 310.825.2101
Mon-Fri from 10am-4pm; Sat & Sun from 10am-2pm via phone only

(Note: The box office will not have weekend hours during the month of July, 2007, but tickets are still available online)

Download an order form for fax or mail

Fax

Mail
UCLA Central Ticket Office
P.O. Box 24607
Los Angeles, CA 90024-0607

In person
The CTO windows are located in the James West Alumni Center and are open Mon-Fri 10am-4pm.

We accept American Express, VISA, MasterCard, and Discover. Make checks payable to UC Regents.

SINGLE EVENTS

Add the following single events to your Series Subscription and save 10% off the single event ticket price. Call Central Ticket Office at 310.825.2101.

Césaria Évora
Hal Willner's Stay Awake: The Official 20th Anniversary Concert
Tangerine Dream
Guillermina Quiroga Dance Company*
Musicians from Marlboro
Manuel Göttsching

*Not eligible for discount
stevo4

Post by stevo4 »

How or when would we know if they may do a meet and greet at the LA Show?

And any idea if they do special pre-sale of tickets?
24db

Post by 24db »

stevo4 wrote:How or when would we know if they may do a meet and greet at the LA Show?

And any idea if they do special pre-sale of tickets?
I'm sure that first point will be answered in some way, either here or over at the TDOC, once the tickets are officially on sale...EB????

you'll have to contact the UCLA and see what they're doing, I seem to remember that some US ticket agents are also listing TD tickets. Best to check for yourself...if and when we hear anything I'm sure we'll repost it here...or if it helps I can wack it on my blog/ or in an email