What would you like to hear in London 2008 ?

24db
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by 24db »

timer wrote:
24db wrote:I'd like to hear the sound of sold out gig with some added music around 7.00pm
Have you stopped 'parading' around the streets in your T shirt then Andy ? :wink: :lol:
nope :)
A Hyperborean

1st Nov '08 what we want

Post by A Hyperborean »

HYPERBOREA wrote:As I walk in I would like to hear Ulrich Schnauss play ASIP live as the warm up Act
Then EF emerges to play a short solo set of his own
Then TD play some late 70's / early 80's stuff plus VFART and Purple Deluvial and most of Summer in Nagasaki
Then out of the shadows steps Johannes Schmoelling as another surprise guest to play sections of Logos and Poland
Then for the encore we say goodbye to Linda and Iris and we are left with EF, TQ, JH and the third guest Jerome Froese to play Hyperborea 08
On the way out we see Chris Franke busking by the tube station - he wasn't invited to the gig!
Sounds like a great evening!
They're going to do Tangram and Hyperborea 2008 aren't they? Have they ever performed Tangram live in its entirety? Perhaps that's what they mean by "never performed live before" and maybe they'll do Exit and White Eagle 2008 too (prior to releasing them on CD) I would love Mr Schmoelling to appear on stage with them too, but it's too far gone for that :( Bernhard Beibl would be appreciated, he is a lovely guitarist amongst other instruments!
Tangerine Dream cleans my brain.
jacob

Post by jacob »

Hunter Shot By Yellow Rabbit. The best track from TD this year.
Jacob's Tangerine Dream Blog
http://tangerinedream.pertou.dk/
aaronmcphee

Post by aaronmcphee »

epsilon75 wrote:Any Chance of EF signing these up for support act in London :P

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=K-2iwGeZ2O4
Lets all give that one a go at the Pre gig meet in the main bar, but performed to Tangram!!!! :lol:
Tiger Tiger burning bright....Bruce! throw another shrimp on!
aaronmcphee

Post by aaronmcphee »

epsilon75 wrote:
timer wrote:
24db wrote:I'd like to hear the sound of sold out gig with some added music around 7.00pm
Have you stopped 'parading' around the streets in your T shirt then Andy ? :wink: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :twisted:
Here! Here! Epsilon...The Roar of the TD fans would be a good opener as TD make there entrance, then perhaps Edgar could start with "The Hunt" by Tony t.s Mcphee??? :shock:
Tiger Tiger burning bright....Bruce! throw another shrimp on!
Peter Beasley

Post by Peter Beasley »

I find it interesting that so many want to hear TD play existing album tracks. It must be a generation thing.

As an older fan, lucky enough to have witnessed classic TD in the 70s, a major element that distinguished the band in those days was the fact that they DIDN’T play their albums live and that the music was totally improvised. This is what made each individual gig so special and was the talking point amongst fans. There was a real sense of risk and danger and an atmosphere in the concert hall very different to the safely pre-programmed medleyism of modern TD concerts.

I’ve never expected, nor do I want, TD to return to total improvisation, analogue equipment or having ex-band members as guests. But, I’d like to hear new music and ideas with roughly a 50/50 balance between pre-structure and proper live playing.
24db

Post by 24db »

the only thing I ask for is that it must be good :)
Last edited by 24db on Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nightmare strand

Post by nightmare strand »

Johannes was a master of the improvised piano sections of live performances and no doubt, many fans may feel a deep sense of nostalgia when reliving past memories of great performances. All need not be lost though, there may be room for optimism.

Thorsten Quaeschning is a formidable musical talent, his piano rendition of Song Of The Whale at the 2005 Shepherd Bush gig was truly memorable, as is his introduction to Purple Diluvial. Whilst he shouldn't be compared to Johannes in his hey day, I personally feel that this void could be amply filled by Thorsten. It's a possible option if both he and Edgar feel comfortable with its re-introduction into the live arena and one which may no doubt find favour amongst fans. Any chance of Stratosphere for example being reinterpreted for piano solo, I'm sure Thorsten could more than do it justice.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

How about Comet's Figure Head? Not heard that played live before and it's a corker.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Chris Monk wrote:How about Comet's Figure Head? Not heard that played live before and it's a corker.
Like that one Chris very much,a great track IMHO 8)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
jacob

Post by jacob »

"Beverly Hills 90210" Theme.

:roll:
Jacob's Tangerine Dream Blog
http://tangerinedream.pertou.dk/
24db

Post by 24db »

nightmare strand wrote:Johannes was a master of the improvised piano sections of live performances and no doubt, many fans may feel a deep sense of nostalgia when reliving past memories of great performances. All need not be lost though, there may be room for optimism.

Thorsten Quaeschning is a formidable musical talent, his piano rendition of Song Of The Whale at the 2005 Shepherd Bush gig was truly memorable, as is his introduction to Purple Diluvial. Whilst he shouldn't be compared to Johannes in his hey day, I personally feel that this void could be amply filled by Thorsten. It's a possible option if both he and Edgar feel comfortable with its re-introduction into the live arena and one which may no doubt find favour amongst fans. Any chance of Stratosphere for example being reinterpreted for piano solo, I'm sure Thorsten could more than do it justice.
Thorsten could play Stratosfear in his sleep ;)
EDWEIRDO

Post by EDWEIRDO »

24db wrote:
nightmare strand wrote:Johannes was a master of the improvised piano sections of live performances and no doubt, many fans may feel a deep sense of nostalgia when reliving past memories of great performances. All need not be lost though, there may be room for optimism.

His Big Sleep, In Search Of Hades? :lol:
24db

Post by 24db »

EDWEIRDO wrote:
24db wrote:

His Big Sleep, In Search Of Hades? :lol:
ouch
EDWEIRDO

Post by EDWEIRDO »

Sorry. :oops: