HOTELS and TRANSPORT for 1.11.08

epsilon75
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by epsilon75 »

Mac cuber transfer wrote:This time I'm determined to do this right. Too often in the past I've had to rush away after a gig to catch a train to the south coast, so I've been really envious of those who've managed a word with Edgar and co after a gig. This time I'm going to get me a hotel for the night, and hopefully if there is one join the meet-up before the gig too - if welcome of course.

To that end can anyone recommend a hotel nearish the gig

I think this one is going to be very special
Do you want me to include on the pre-concert fan meet list Mac :?:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Mac cuber transfer

Post by Mac cuber transfer »

if it is what I think it is then yes, I would like that, thanks epsilon75
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Mac cuber transfer wrote:if it is what I think it is then yes, I would like that, thanks epsilon75
I have added your name to the list,details of the fan-meet venue will come closer to the concert date :wink:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
bergen-dreamer

Post by bergen-dreamer »

Have finally come around to book myself a hotel room for the big TD weekend i London :D

I will be staying at the Princes Square Hotel in Kensington - arriving some time Friday evening - my flight from Bergen to Gatwick is scheduled to land 7.30. Going back to Bergen Sunday evening - no Edinburgh for me unfortunately :(
jacob

Post by jacob »

F*cking hell!

The travel agency I was using for travelling to London and accomodation has been declared bankrupt. It serves a lot of Danes with going abroad each year, and has been highly popular, also for me in the past.
With my financial situation it's not perfect timing. Although I weren't needing the ticket from London to CPH, and I might win the TDOC contest (admitted the chance is very slim),which requires a new depature day, it's a bit annoying to wait several months (as promised) for a refund. I just don't find money that easy at the time - I could be forced to stay at home, but I must work something out. I must!

:cry:
Jacob's Tangerine Dream Blog
http://tangerinedream.pertou.dk/
bergen-dreamer

Post by bergen-dreamer »

jacob wrote:F*cking hell!

The travel agency I was using for travelling to London and accomodation has been declared bankrupt. It serves a lot of Danes with going abroad each year, and has been highly popular, also for me in the past.
With my financial situation it's not perfect timing. Although I weren't needing the ticket from London to CPH, and I might win the TDOC contest (admitted the chance is very slim),which requires a new depature day, it's a bit annoying to wait several months (as promised) for a refund. I just don't find money that easy at the time - I could be forced to stay at home, but I must work something out. I must!

That's really bad news for you, Jacob :arrow:

hope you will be able to sort things out so that you still will be able to go - if I had the money I would gladly lend you what you need, but my financial situation is not very good either :(
jacob

Post by jacob »

I'm promised a refund by Rejsegarantifonden (The Travel Guarantee Foundation), and it could be good as I planned to travel to EDI instead of CPH on the Sunday... but it's the suspense that doesn't please me - refunding could take several months - also finding a hotel might be a bit harder now. Ultimately I will need to borrow money... :cry:
24db

Post by 24db »

bergen-dreamer wrote:Have finally come around to book myself a hotel room for the big TD weekend i London :D

I will be staying at the Princes Square Hotel in Kensington - arriving some time Friday evening - my flight from Bergen to Gatwick is scheduled to land 7.30. Going back to Bergen Sunday evening - no Edinburgh for me unfortunately :(
that hotel is way out mate, you'll need to be careful about transport back after the gig
24db

Post by 24db »

jacob wrote:I'm promised a refund by Rejsegarantifonden (The Travel Guarantee Foundation), and it could be good as I planned to travel to EDI instead of CPH on the Sunday... but it's the suspense that doesn't please me - refunding could take several months - also finding a hotel might be a bit harder now. Ultimately I will need to borrow money... :cry:
if you get stuck mate, i'll run a raffle to get you some funs
jacob

Post by jacob »

24db wrote:
bergen-dreamer wrote:Have finally come around to book myself a hotel room for the big TD weekend i London :D

that hotel is way out mate, you'll need to be careful about transport back after the gig
I was staying at that as well. Now I need to look for another one, can anyone recommend some nearer... I can always cancel on Booking.com in case the worst happens.
timer

Post by timer »

24db wrote:

There ar quite a few of us staying in the Kensington area (after a mess up with the original bookings) so Im sure you wont be alone Stein. 8)
24db

Post by 24db »

jacob wrote:
24db wrote:

I was staying at that as well. Now I need to look for another one, can anyone recommend some nearer... I can always cancel on Booking.com in case the worst happens.
I'd stick close to the Northern Line if you can, but I can't recommend a hotel mate, i think ours might be a bit expensive for you
jacob

Post by jacob »

24db wrote:if you get stuck mate, i'll run a raffle to get you some funs
Thanks my friend! I still hope for I can sort something out, though. :)
aaronmcphee

Post by aaronmcphee »

jacob wrote:F*cking hell!

J. if you need somewhere to flop, eighter before or after the Gig, you are more than welcome to stay at my place, ...Which airport are you flying into?? :D
Tiger Tiger burning bright....Bruce! throw another shrimp on!
24db

Post by 24db »

jacob wrote:
24db wrote:if you get stuck mate, i'll run a raffle to get you some funds
Thanks my friend! I still hope for I can sort something out, though. :)
Obviously my post should have said Funds...not funs :D