Tonights concert!!!!

Froesesque
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Tonights concert!!!!

Post by Froesesque »

Anyone going tonight, can you drop the tracklist to this topic. Unfortunatley the hedgehog and I can not attend (I have to finish some assignments for my teaching course and the hedgehog is happy enough eating slugs).

Have a great time tonight guys, and edgar ..................it's about time you performed your solo stuff, have a great night my friend.
You were only supposed to blow the bladdy doors off!!!!
24db

Re: Tonights concert!!!!

Post by 24db »

Froesesque wrote:Anyone going tonight, can you drop the tracklist to this topic. Unfortunatley the hedgehog and I can not attend (I have to finish some assignments for my teaching course and the hedgehog is happy enough eating slugs).

Have a great time tonight guys, and edgar ..................it's about time you performed your solo stuff, have a great night my friend.
way too many to mention...plus things started 40-45 minutes late...so the gig ended at 11.30 PM (sadly no time to say hello to everyone backstage...another time chaps)...nice to see Edgar again on guitar and (shock horror) White Mellotron...looked a bit out of place amoungst the hi-tech stuff. Bernard had a mare at the beginning and had to have to guitar tech on and missed a complete song (he got a round of applause for it though).

Stuff from Dalinetopia, Pinnacles, Ages, Stuntman and EIMP...with the usual overdubbings and pumped up rhythm section...from memory the opening piece was by Handel. Several new pieces and One Night in Space...with Bernard fully working on guitar

Didn't like Ron's set much...not my cup of tea, with hinesight I should have skipped it
Last edited by 24db on Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:36 am, edited 3 times in total.
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

24db wrote:
Froesesque wrote:Anyone going tonight, can you drop the tracklist to this topic. Unfortunatley the hedgehog and I can not attend (I have to finish some assignments for my teaching course and the hedgehog is happy enough eating slugs).

way too many to mention...plus things started 40-45 minutes late...so the gig ended at 11.30 PM (sadly no time to say hello to everyone backstage...another time chaps)...nice to see Edgar again on guitar and (shock horror) White Mellotron...looked a bit out of place amoungst the hi-tech stuff. Bernard had a mare at the beginning and had to have to guitar tech on and missed a complete song (he got a round of applause for it though).

Didn't like Ron's set much...not my cup of tea, with hinesight I should have skipped it
I'm soooo envious and I'd probably have enjoyed RB's set as well. I'm off to sulk now!
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
24db

Post by 24db »

Hobo wrote:
24db wrote:

I'm soooo envious and I'd probably have enjoyed RB's set as well. I'm off to sulk now!
You were missed mate, would have swopped you the boots part anyway...looks like groove oversold the venue slighty as several people had to sit on the stairs. Edgar mentioned in his closing comments that it reminded him of the technical University in Berlin in 1968
redziller

Post by redziller »

thanks for taking the time to post
imho

TD

/ did \
- does - ROCK!
\ will /

https://shiningpyramid.bandcamp.com/releases

http://www.redziller.co.uk/ffp/ TD video game
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

24db wrote:way too many to mention...plus things started 40-45 minutes late...so the gig ended at 11.30 PM (sadly no time to say hello to everyone backstage...another time chaps)...nice to see Edgar again on guitar and (shock horror) White Mellotron...looked a bit out of place amoungst the hi-tech stuff. Bernard had a mare at the beginning and had to have to guitar tech on and missed a complete song (he got a round of applause for it though).
I hope Eastgate won't cut it out, for the dvd, I guess we can live with that.
It was weird to sit at home last night, it was if I missed something.
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

I sat at home and watched the One Night In Space DVD. Didn`t really make me feel any better, but I hope everyone who went enjoyed the night.
ant

Post by ant »

:D Cantosis, I did exactly the same thing and watched the One Night In Space DVD. was great but still felt I was missing out big time. It helped a little though. Must admit I only have one Ron Boots CD but that does not mean I wouldn't like more of his stuff, just never got round to get anymore. One day perhaps!! But as for Edgar - well, those are gems I will never stop buying. Hope everyone who went enjoyed it though - just wish I could have been there. :D
Biggus Dickus
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

ant wrote::D Cantosis, I did exactly the same thing and watched the One Night In Space DVD. was great but still felt I was missing out big time. It helped a little though. Must admit I only have one Ron Boots CD but that does not mean I wouldn't like more of his stuff, just never got round to get anymore. One day perhaps!! But as for Edgar - well, those are gems I will never stop buying. Hope everyone who went enjoyed it though - just wish I could have been there. :D
Ron Boots is pretty good, bit samey some of the music but there is a hell of a lot worse music out there.
SydneyFC

Post by SydneyFC »

Thanks for the "review" 24db. Will probably hear more in the next few days.
"Sydney till I Die"
hansx

Post by hansx »

24db wrote:

Stuff from Dalinetopia, Pinnacles, Ages, Stuntman and EIMP...with the usual overdubbings and pumped up rhythm section...from memory the opening piece was by Handel. Several new pieces and One Night in Space...with Bernard full working on guitar

First I have to say, i did like Ron's set. Good music With nice pictures. he brought some friends with him, Gert Emmens and Kees Aerts and 2 others. It was a good start of the day. After that I watched Remy for an hour or so. Behind a battary of synths he showed that he has capacities. Nice tunes, but not always 100%. But it is difficult to play on your own.
And then TD. Almost 9 o'clock it started. It gave me shivers. A lot of Froese pieces, already mentioned above. I don' t remember excactly what titles. I am not too good in remembering titles. Shame that there were some technical difficulties in the beginning. it was nice to see that Edgar didn' t really mind, he did laugh. The new songs of the TD cd were also very promising. After the concert I played in my carstereo and recognised some.
The only thing I didn't like too much was the constant walking of the cameramen. It did disturb the whole thing very much. But on the other hand it will give a fine dvd in a few months, I guess. in any case, it really was a thrill. Thanks to Groove which did it make possible in Eindhovem
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

hansx wrote:
24db wrote:

Stuff from Dalinetopia, Pinnacles, Ages, Stuntman and EIMP...with the usual overdubbings and pumped up rhythm section...from memory the opening piece was by Handel. Several new pieces and One Night in Space...with Bernard full working on guitar

First I have to say, i did like Ron's set. Good music With nice pictures. he brought some friends with him, Gert Emmens and Kees Aerts and 2 others. It was a good start of the day. After that I watched Remy for an hour or so. Behind a battary of synths he showed that he has capacities. Nice tunes, but not always 100%. But it is difficult to play on your own.
And then TD. Almost 9 o'clock it started. It gave me shivers. A lot of Froese pieces, already mentioned above. I don' t remember excactly what titles. I am not too good in remembering titles. Shame that there were some technical difficulties in the beginning. it was nice to see that Edgar didn' t really mind, he did laugh. The new songs of the TD cd were also very promising. After the concert I played in my carstereo and recognised some.
The only thing I didn't like too much was the constant walking of the cameramen. It did disturb the whole thing very much. But on the other hand it will give a fine dvd in a few months, I guess. in any case, it really was a thrill. Thanks to Groove which did it make possible in Eindhovem

cheers hansx. great pic, good to see Edgar on guitar again. did he play maddox??.... I look forward to seeing more pics and reviews
hansx

Post by hansx »

cantosis wrote:
hansx wrote:
24db wrote: way too many to mention...plus things started 40-45 minutes late...so the gig ended at 11.30 PM (sadly no time to say hello to everyone backstage...another time chaps)...nice to see Edgar again on guitar and (shock horror) White Mellotron...looked a bit out of place amoungst the hi-tech stuff. Bernard had a mare at the beginning and had to have to guitar tech on and missed a complete song (he got a round of applause for it though).

cheers hansx. great pic, good to see Edgar on guitar again. did he play maddox??.... I look forward to seeing more pics and reviews
Christ, I don't remember if a snip of it came in front. but I don't believe that was the case. I have more pictures, sat in the front row. Will put some more here in the next days .
24db

Post by 24db »

cantosis wrote:
hansx wrote:
24db wrote: way too many to mention...plus things started 40-45 minutes late...so the gig ended at 11.30 PM (sadly no time to say hello to everyone backstage...another time chaps)...nice to see Edgar again on guitar and (shock horror) White Mellotron...looked a bit out of place amoungst the hi-tech stuff. Bernard had a mare at the beginning and had to have to guitar tech on and missed a complete song (he got a round of applause for it though).

it was Halmet mate
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

24db wrote:
cantosis wrote:
hansx wrote: First I have to say, i did like Ron's set. Good music With nice pictures. he brought some friends with him, Gert Emmens and Kees Aerts and 2 others. It was a good start of the day. After that I watched Remy for an hour or so. Behind a battary of synths he showed that he has capacities. Nice tunes, but not always 100%. But it is difficult to play on your own.

it was Halmet mate

OUCH!! missing that is worse than a kick in the balls. I have never got to see him peform Hamlet live yet :(