Tonights concert!!!!

rockyrobin
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Tonights Concert

Post by rockyrobin »

Fantastic shot of Ed - great to see, centre stage...I hope he got the noisy crowd treatment to get the best out of his performance.

Rocky
"What is success? Glory? Honour? Blah blah... 'I'll never know how the elephant got into my pyjamas.' (Marx, Animal Crackers)
Goodnight, folks."
Edgar Froese on a day in the touring life of tangerine dream, UK program, 1981.
24db

Post by 24db »

redziller wrote:thanks for taking the time to post
no problem....photos to follow during the week. I think the day split most people down party lines...Ron Boots attracted RB/Groove fans, I've got to admit I nearly walked out after 15 minutes (all build up, with no climax and noodling instead of a real tune...several people said this to me afterwards...but they were TD fans...but hey loads of people love Ron's stuff so I'm not the person to say if it was good or not. Ron seemed a very good host though, full of humour, so I can't knock the guy, he's talented)....however I lasted almost until the end (perhaps I missed the last 15 minutes). TD attracted a TD audience (the hall was very full, and people had trouble finding seating, at one point Ron and had to point out where people could find them, even then there were still a few left on the stairs), and apart from a few 'Emportal/ RB fans', most people loved the show and a section of audience gave the old geezer a standing ovation at the end. I'd say that Edgar's guitar solo during Halmet and the track from EIMP got the biggest cheers of the night (apart from when Bernhard 'finally' got his guitar and Amp to work). Really nice concert, even though it was shame I couldn't make the backstage meetup (far too late in the end). I also missed all of the people I usually miss at gigs (sorry Charles...I think I was right next to you at one point, and the Hungarian fans were even in my hotel...sorry lads, it was right in the middle of dinner)...ouch!, I need to introduce myself to people more
Last edited by 24db on Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

24db wrote:
no problem....photos to follow during the week. I think the day split most people down party lines...Ron Boots attracted RB/Groove fans, I've got to admit I nearly walked out after 15 minutes (all build up, with no climax and noodling instead of a real tune...several people said this to me afterwards...but they were TD fans...but hey loads of people love Ron's stuff so I'm not the person to say if it was good or not. Ron seemed a very good host though, full of humour, so I can't knock the guy, he's talented)....however I lasted almost until the end (perhaps I missed the last 15 minutes). TD attracted a TD audience (the hall was very full, and people had trouble finding seating, at one point Ron and had to point out where people could find them, even then there were still a few left on the stairs), and apart from a few 'Emportal/ RB fans', most people loved the show and a section of audience gave the old geezer a standing ovation at the end. I'd say that Edgar's guitar solo during Halmet and the track from EIMP got the biggest cheers of the night (apart from when Bernhard 'finally' got his guitar and Amp to work). Really nice concert, even though it was shame I couldn't make the backstage meetup (far too late in the end). I also missed all of the people I usually miss a gigs...ouch, I need to introduce myself to people more

great stuff, thanks for posting, I look forward to your full review. are you still out there now?
24db

Post by 24db »

cantosis wrote:
24db wrote:
no problem....photos to follow during the week. I think the day split most people down party lines...Ron Boots attracted RB/Groove fans, I've got to admit I nearly walked out after 15 minutes (all build up, with no climax and noodling instead of a real tune...several people said this to me afterwards...but they were TD fans...but hey loads of people love Ron's stuff so I'm not the person to say if it was good or not. Ron seemed a very good host though, full of humour, so I can't knock the guy, he's talented)....however I lasted almost until the end (perhaps I missed the last 15 minutes). TD attracted a TD audience (the hall was very full, and people had trouble finding seating, at one point Ron and had to point out where people could find them, even then there were still a few left on the stairs), and apart from a few 'Emportal/ RB fans', most people loved the show and a section of audience gave the old geezer a standing ovation at the end. I'd say that Edgar's guitar solo during Halmet and the track from EIMP got the biggest cheers of the night (apart from when Bernhard 'finally' got his guitar and Amp to work). Really nice concert, even though it was shame I couldn't make the backstage meetup (far too late in the end). I also missed all of the people I usually miss a gigs...ouch, I need to introduce myself to people more

great stuff, thanks for posting, I look forward to your full review. are you still out there now?
Just got back mate....about an hour ago. 'Overall' I really liked the event, although certain aspects were a bit weird the way groove ran it...but hey it was their show I guess. The sound was very good from where I was, perhaps it could have been a tad louder, although a few fans had a moan about RB being too loud...I couldn't hear what they were on about, it just sounded like a loud Hi-Fi to me (we were on the far right, about 8 or 9 rows back), but as the atmosphere was very relaxed I could walk up and down the stairs of the auditorium and get a few photos of the gig, talking of which it was wall-to-wall cameras in there last night, the world and his wife had one, some just camera phones, but many had SLRs and some had tripods and I might have imagined it but somebody might have videoed it as well....naughty!

the 40-45 minute delay reminded me of the Dominion 26 years ago...'thanks for being patient' ;)
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

24db wrote:
cantosis wrote:
24db wrote: no problem....photos to follow during the week. I think the day split most people down party lines...Ron Boots attracted RB/Groove fans, I've got to admit I nearly walked out after 15 minutes (all build up, with no climax and noodling instead of a real tune...several people said this to me afterwards...but they were TD fans...but hey loads of people love Ron's stuff so I'm not the person to say if it was good or not. Ron seemed a very good host though, full of humour, so I can't knock the guy, he's talented)....however I lasted almost until the end (perhaps I missed the last 15 minutes). TD attracted a TD audience (the hall was very full, and people had trouble finding seating, at one point Ron and had to point out where people could find them, even then there were still a few left on the stairs), and apart from a few 'Emportal/ RB fans', most people loved the show and a section of audience gave the old geezer a standing ovation at the end. I'd say that Edgar's guitar solo during Halmet and the track from EIMP got the biggest cheers of the night (apart from when Bernhard 'finally' got his guitar and Amp to work). Really nice concert, even though it was shame I couldn't make the backstage meetup (far too late in the end). I also missed all of the people I usually miss a gigs...ouch, I need to introduce myself to people more

Just got back mate....about an hour ago. 'Overall' I really liked the event, although certain aspects were a bit weird the way groove ran it...but hey it was their show I guess. The sound was very good from where I was, perhaps it could have been a tad louder, although a few fans had a moan about RB being too loud...I couldn't hear what they were on about, it just sounded like a loud Hi-Fi to me (we were on the far right, about 8 or 9 rows back), but as the atmosphere was very relaxed I could walk up and down the stairs of the auditorium and get a few photos of the gig, talking of which it was wall-to-wall cameras in there last night, the world and his wife had one, some just camera phones, but many had SLRs and some had tripods and I might have imagined it but somebody might have videoed it as well....naughty!

the 40-45 minute delay reminded me of the Dominion 26 years ago...'thanks for being patient' ;)
I always thought you looked to young to be at that logos show :D
exit81

Post by exit81 »

Very good show overall like Andy says, despite some technical problems! The gig was due to start at 8.15, and by 8.30 no one had been let into the auditorium. After bouts of slow hand-clapping, it finally got underway at turned 8.50. The 150 minute running time meant a mad sprint for my train back to Amsterdam, which I just missed (cheers again to Colin and Gary for the loan of their hotel room floor!!)

Apart from four vertical strip lights (which didn't do a great deal) there was no real light show, and no lasers. The visual accompaniment was the usual large screen with a typical selction of motion graphics (stars, abstract patterns, etc). Iris's contribution was really notable I thought, she really added a lot to the music (and she looked damn good all in black and a shorter haircut!).

Like Andy described, Bernhard had a really frustrating 10 minutes shortly into the gig. Leads were replaced, switches checked, and brows were scratched. The guitare tech ran offstage, only to return to try again. Nothing. Bernhard crouches by his monitor searching for life. He tries his guitar. Nothing. A whole track passes by. Still nothing. was he supposed to have been involved in it or not? Finally, he smiles and normality is restored. The relief on his face is palpable, and Edgar offers a thankful smile in return. Bernhard receives a round of applause for his endevour and persistence.

Good selection of new, old and ancient material, all sounding pretty consistent and seamless. TD went off after the 90 minute main set, only to come back, leave, come back again, leave again, and finally come back one more time (did I miss another one out?) In all we got the full two-and-a-half hours, and the show got better as it progressed. It had some great highs and a few passages of aimless, meandering nonsense (usually with sax over it). But all in all, a really good show and well worth enduring the nighttime 'Caerphilly Wind' , eh Colin? :D
24db

Post by 24db »

Great write up mate...we told you you'd miss that train! ;)
Last edited by 24db on Fri May 09, 2008 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beaubourg

Post by Beaubourg »

How was the merch stall?
24db

Post by 24db »

Beaubourg wrote:How was the merch stall?
far smaller than Frankfurt, basically just T-Shirts, the latest releases as well as the older stuff, a new poster with Edgar's face and t-shirt (hold out for more than 30% royalties Colin!), there were also loads of flyers for the Loreley festival and some EF note pads....I can post a photo of the stalls...if needed.
Beaubourg

Post by Beaubourg »

24db wrote:
far smaller than Frankfurt, basically just T-Shirts, the latest releases as well as the older stuff, a new poster with Edgar's face and t-shirt (hold out for more than 30% royalties Colin!), there was also loads of flyers for the Loreley festival and some EF note pads....I can post a photo of the stalls...if needed.
Would love to see those as well. Thanks!
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

24db wrote:Great write up mate...we told you you'd miss that train! ;)

From earlier in the gig...just after BB's problems:

Seeing the guitar on the side of Edgar must have got a few people excited. nice pic.
24db

Post by 24db »

Beaubourg wrote:
24db wrote:
far smaller than Frankfurt, basically just T-Shirts, the latest releases as well as the older stuff, a new poster with Edgar's face and t-shirt (hold out for more than 30% royalties Colin!), there was also loads of flyers for the Loreley festival and some EF note pads....I can post a photo of the stalls...if needed.
Would love to see those as well. Thanks!
Last edited by 24db on Fri May 09, 2008 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
24db

Post by 24db »

Last edited by 24db on Fri May 09, 2008 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

Gosh wish the merch stall was that empty whenever I have been :lol:
24db

Post by 24db »

cantosis wrote:Gosh wish the merch stall was that empty whenever I have been :lol:
I should point out that the photo was very early in the afternoon