Picture Palace Music concert 30th April in Berlin

cantosis
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by cantosis »

Enjoy the show tonight Jacob, hope you enjoy Spyra as well as the main event. 8)
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

cantosis wrote:Enjoy the show tonight Jacob, hope you enjoy Spyra as well as the main event. 8)
Enjoy the show Jacob............wish i was there 8)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
24db

Post by 24db »

have fun Jacob, I hope it's a great gig
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

24db wrote:have fun Jacob, I hope it's a great gig
It was a very special night out. I'm glad I showed up.

I met with Chris G. and only 30 other people showed up.

Chris was very good company, and we ate pizza and drank beer outside, just before show start. He took some photos, I hope I will put on my website when/if I do my diary.
I think I saw Ralf Wadephul in the audience.
A humourous Mario Schönwalder presented the gig and sold merchandise.
The new PPM and W.A.dePhul cds were on sale for the first time that night.

Brilliant electronica from Der Spyra (with his sketchbook he had to look in, turning the page before the next number) and a relaxed, but raw performance from PPm with a energetic Thorsten in front with a full set-up of instruments. I particularly noticed the heavy guitarist, and his partner Thorsten Spiller a very talented guy.

The set consisted mostly of material from the new album, which is a stronger album, than the previous, much more of a group effort, and much darker. The highlight for me was of course Invastigation, Metropolis Theme and a track sounding like Remote Viewing on steroids.
The first encore was a three-piece drum solo... that was funny, but still rubbish, as I hate drum solos.

The venue was very atmospheric and intimate, in a old ballroom with ornaments in the ceilings and wooden floor, maybe some 70 square metres... some people behind me was talking too loud for some time, and I had move a seat near the stage. It didn't helping sighing or shushing on them.
Afterwards they came down to me to assure I didn't felt they have spoilt the night for me. It was a good turn, as they explained how they were TQ's friends and that they haven't seen him a lot since him moving to Vienna, so it was their chance to meet with an old friend. I told them I was TD fan, maybe taking my music too serious, but also elaborated I came all the way from Denmark, so it wasn't just another night with the boys...
But I drank a beer with them afterwards, no hard feelings

It was a truly unique event, having a very talented TD member playing in front of some 30 people is not your everyday experience. I will highly recommend you TD forum people to notice when a PPM concert is announced, it was a great and very LIVE event, I think you should give a chance if it comes.

Thanks to Chris for joining me, and making it a special event (but you scared about those 1st of May riots).
Last edited by Pertou on Thu May 01, 2008 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
timer

Post by timer »

Nice to see you enjoyed yourselves JP. Quite like TQ's music, so maybe the next time . :)
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Glad you had a great night Jacob 8) sounds really weird that only 30 people turned up.......i think PPM deserve better.
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
24db

Post by 24db »

Excellent review JP, 30 people in the audience is woeful though. Some promotion is needed
24db

Post by 24db »

Pertou wrote:
24db wrote:have fun Jacob, I hope it's a great gig
It was a very special night out. I'm glad I showed up.

I met with Chris G. and only 30 other people showed up.

Chris was very good company, and we ate pizza and drank beer outside, just before show start. He took some photos, I hope I will put on my website when/if I do my diary.
I think I saw Ralf Wadephul in the audience.
A humourous Mario Schönwalder presented the gig and sold merchandise.
The new PPM and W.A.dePhul cds were on sale for the first time that night.

Brilliant electronica from Der Spyra (with his sketchbook he had to look in, turning the page before the next number) and a relaxed, but raw performance from PPm with a energetic Thorsten in front with a full set-up of instruments. I particularly noticed the heavy guitarist, and his partner Thorsten Spiller a very talented guy.

The set consisted mostly of material from the new album, which is a stronger album, than the previous, much more of a group effort, and much darker. The highlight for me was of course Invastigation, Metropolis Theme and a track sounding like Remote Viewing on steroids.
The first encore was a three-piece drum solo... that was funny, but still rubbish, as I hate drum solos.

The venue was very atmospheric and intimate, in a old ballroom with ornaments in the ceilings and wooden floor, maybe some 70 square metres... some people behind me was talking too loud for some time, and I had move a seat near the stage. It didn't helping sighing or shushing on them.
Afterwards they came down to me to assure I didn't felt they have spoilt the night for me. It was a good turn, as they explained how they were TQ's friends and that they haven't seen him a lot since him moving to Vienna, so it was their chance to meet with an old friend. I told them I was TD fan, maybe taking my music too serious, but also elaborated I came all the way from Denmark, so it wasn't just another night with the boys...
But I drank a beer with them afterwards, no hard feelings

It was a truly unique event, having a very talented TD member playing in front of some 30 people is not your everyday experience. I will highly recommend you TD forum people to notice when a PPM concert is announced, it was a great and very LIVE event, I think you should give a chance if it comes.

Thanks to Chris for joining me, and making it a special event (but you scared about those 1st of May riots).
btw I hope it wasn't my mate Martin K chatting at the back of the hall :)
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

There was some promotion in the U-Bahn train lcd screens, but I saw no posters. Except for one on the door of the Ballhaus, some hours before the show started
It was also announced on his Myspace site, Emportal and another forum, I copied the text to here, sadly only a few responded to it.
Maybe it was too close to Eindhoven?

(I must say I missed you guys, especially the night before, as I remember how fun it was in Frankfurt, so it was a bit lonely)

There was also a ep with five tracks on sale for the occasion - Walpurgisnacht - with outtakes from the new album "Symphony for Vampires"...
I regret not buying Der Spyra's new cd. He had an interesting line-up of instruments. I remember particulary a headset with connected to the keyboard, giving the tones a distinct flute/wind effect.
It was nothing like Berlin School rubbish, but it had looped parts and solos without catchy melodies. The sound was particular good, and did it great. Him turning the leaves in the sketchbook before each track was much amusing for me and Chris...
24db

Post by 24db »

Pertou wrote:There was some promotion in the U-Bahn train lcd screens, but I saw no posters. Except for one on the door of the Ballhaus, some hours before the show started
It was also announced on his Myspace site, Emportal and another forum, I copied the text to here, sadly only a few responded to it.
Maybe it was too close to Eindhoven?

(I must say I missed you guys, especially the night before, as I remember how fun it was in Frankfurt, so it was a bit lonely)

There was also a ep with five tracks on sale for the occasion - Walpurgisnacht - with outtakes from the new album "Symphony for Vampires"...
I regret not buying Der Spyra's new cd. He had an interesting line-up of instruments. I remember particulary a headset with connected to the keyboard, giving the tones a distinct flute/wind effect.
It was nothing like Berlin School rubbish, but it had looped parts and solos without catchy melodies. The sound was particular good, and did it great. Him turning the leaves in the sketchbook before each track was much amusing for me and Chris...
Wolfram is a class act.

shame the gig wasn't later in the month, then I would have joined you mate. Here's to the next time at the **************** later this year ;)
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

24db wrote:btw I hope it wasn't my mate Martin K chatting at the back of the hall :)
No, I didn't spot him, but the band looked very gothic. They played on mainly black instruments, completely dressed in black, in front of a big black curtain.
In the last song "The End of the End of Everything" a guy who has hair dyed black, sang with a rather gothic voice (like Ville Valo from HIM) and posing like a real rock star.

After this, the last song. Thorsten did an "Edgar" and lined up the nine participating musicians, and presented them with name and what the played that night.
The drummer (K. Hanuschka?), took the microphone, and thanked us in English for coming. (I think that was for me, and the nice Dutch guy I always meet a TD concert ;) )
la sagesse du destin

Post by la sagesse du destin »

Thank you , Jacob to write so quickly your review.I'm enjoy for you .I hope to see a PPM show a day.Thorsten is so talented and so pleasant.
Can you give us some impressions about the record of Ralf W,before we rceive it by the postman.

Charles.
Infinite thanks to all the peoples from Eastgate and TD for the Japan Raffle.
www.tangram-dream.fr
24db

Post by 24db »

Pertou wrote:
24db wrote:btw I hope it wasn't my mate Martin K chatting at the back of the hall :)
No, I didn't spot him, but the band looked very gothic. They played on mainly black instruments, completely dressed in black, in front of a big black curtain.
In the last song "The End of the End of Everything" a guy who has hair dyed black, sang with a rather gothic voice (like Ville Valo from HIM) and posing like a real rock star.

After this, the last song. Thorsten did an "Edgar" and lined up the nine participating musicians, and presented them with name and what the played that night.
The drummer (K. Hanuschka?), took the microphone, and thanked us in English for coming. (I think that was for me, and the nice Dutch guy I always meet a TD concert ;) )
Sounds like Martin ;) he sings in 4 bands and he knows Thorsten
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

His name is Stoppel, and he had short hair. :)
24db

Post by 24db »

Pertou wrote:His name is Stoppel, and he had short hair. :)
just kidding mate, although I have asked Martin if he was in the audience.

Kreutzberg as well? typical I could have checked out the site of the Zodiak Free Arts Lab whilst I was there!