Photography at the Eindhoven gig

24db
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Photography at the Eindhoven gig

Post by 24db »

EB, can you let us know whether photography will be allowed at during the TD plays Edgar Froese gig next month? It seemed to work very well last time in Frankfurt, it's always great to be allowed to use your camera openly, rather than sneak things in or have to use cameraphones etc
hansx

Re: Photography at the Eindhoven gig

Post by hansx »

24db wrote:EB, can you let us know whether photography will be allowed at during the TD plays Edgar Froese gig next month? It seemed to work very well last time in Frankfurt, it's always great to be allowed to use your camera openly, rather than sneak things in or have to use cameraphones etc
have asked this to Kees Aarts from Groove. Only allowed at Ron Boots concert and flash only the first 10 minutes.
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

hansx wrote:
24db wrote:EB, can you let us know whether photography will be allowed at during the TD plays Edgar Froese gig next month? It seemed to work very well last time in Frankfurt, it's always great to be allowed to use your camera openly, rather than sneak things in or have to use cameraphones etc
have asked this to Kees Aarts from Groove. Only allowed at Ron Boots concert and flash only the first 10 minutes.
well better then a kick up the arse
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

I will again be depositing my camera in the gusset of my pants for the Edgar show :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
GlynRichards

Post by GlynRichards »

epsilon75 wrote:I will again be depositing my camera in the gusset of my pants for the Edgar show :arrow:
Isn't that going to make it difficult to look through the viewfinder?
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

GlynRichards wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:I will again be depositing my camera in the gusset of my pants for the Edgar show :arrow:
Its only to get past security Glyn,when inside it will make an appearance :wink:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

epsilon75 wrote:
GlynRichards wrote:
Its only to get past security Glyn,when inside it will make an appearance :wink:

Hope Kes does not put a word to the security :shock:
24db

Post by 24db »

hansx wrote:
that won't work then, flash for 10 minutes?...that has to be one of daftest ideas I've heard in ages
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

24db wrote:
hansx wrote:
that won't work then, flash for 10 minutes?...that has to be one of daftest ideas I've heard in ages
yes indeed what are they going to do when it gets to 15 mins and people are still taking pics.

it isn`t April 1st today is it?
24db

Post by 24db »

cantosis wrote:
24db wrote:
hansx wrote: have asked this to Kees Aarts from Groove. Only allowed at Ron Boots concert and flash only the first 10 minutes.
yes indeed what are they going to do when it gets to 15 mins and people are still taking pics.

will everyone run back to their hotels after the Ron Boots gig and drop off their cameras? However I do appreciate it that Groove would allow it at all (I should add I'm not even sure I'll be bothering to go and see Ron, I'll see how it goes)

Mind you flash is rubbish...never use it lads!!!!!!!!!!
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

24db wrote:
cantosis wrote:
24db wrote: that won't work then, flash for 10 minutes?...that has to be one of daftest ideas I've heard in ages

will everyone run back to their hotels after the Ron Boots gig and drop off their cameras? However I do appreciate it that Groove would allow it at all (I should add I'm not even sure I'll be bothering to go and see Ron, I'll see how it goes)

Not a fan then? :)
24db

Post by 24db »

cantosis wrote:
24db wrote:
cantosis wrote: yes indeed what are they going to do when it gets to 15 mins and people are still taking pics.

Not a fan then? :)
Ron? havent heard him yet...so I'll be checking out his stuff soon

Flash? one of the worst inventions in photography....I'm referring to the small on-camera (pathetic built-in) variety, which should be turn-off 99% of the time...nah make that 100%. For concert photography it is utterly pointless, unless you are leaning on the stage...otherwise your flash range will just illuminate the first rows of the audience. My top tip is (if your camera has it)...start on shutter priory (and let the camera set the exposure)...and if that doesn't work then use Aperture Priory (with the F-stop wide open...ie the lowest you can go, set a medium ISO/ASA film rating and then let the camera worry about the shutter speed. Oh...and one last thing...ALL gigs have more light at the end...so if it's too dark at the beginning of the gig...don't give up, shoot some at the end.

this has been a public imformation annoucement ;)
timer

Post by timer »

Andy,

I wouldn't miss the opportunity to see Ron Boots mate, I hadn't heard any of his music when this gig was announced, but now I have , its just as much a pull to see RB as it will be TD . 8)
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

timer wrote:Andy,

I wouldn't miss the opportunity to see Ron Boots mate, I hadn't heard any of his music when this gig was announced, but now I have , its just as much a pull to see RB as it will be TD . 8)

I think some of his stuff is great but unfortunately it gets a bit samey for me.
timer

Post by timer »

cantosis wrote:
timer wrote:Andy,

I think some of his stuff is great but unfortunately it gets a bit samey for me.
that's what ive been told about a certian German EM band, on many an occassion. :wink: