LORELEY FESTIVAL 2008 - TD IN CONCERT AGAIN !!

Jollyhawker
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Jollyhawker »

epsilon75 wrote:
tdream4ever wrote:Could use a bit of HELP with some info on the TD @ Prog Fest on April 18th. I'm planning on attending the Friday night and Saturday night shows. Especially to see TD and Klaus Schulze friday night. I'll be flying in from Los Angeles, CA. into Frankfurt. Can anybody recommend a low to midprice hotel close by the ground? Is there a train from Frankfurt airport to the area and which train? Or do I need to rent a car from the airport?
Thanks to all.
Book a hotel as soon as you possibly can,im led to believe that most of the hotels on the Loreley rhine valley area are pretty much full,we are 3km away from the actual Loreley festival site,we could not get any closer.

IMHO a hired car is the best bet for your journey from the airport,and i believe it will be the better option for travelling between hotel and festival site,im sure someone with knowledge of that area could be of better help,i hope you enjoy your time there as i admire your loyalty for coming such a long way :roll:

I reckon that if you can you should fly to Frankfurt Hahn airport and not Frankfurt International because its only 23 miles from Loreley! There is a constant bus service to the Rhine from there! Car hire is not cheap in Germany! Hotels are filling up quick so hurry and make sure you stay on the east side of the river because ferry crossings end at 11pm! The nearest road bridge is in Koblenz about 30 mls up river! Colin and me were lucky to get a hotel in Kestert about 3km from Loreley! Good luck and see you there! :D
"Lives of great men all remind us that we may make our lives sublime and so departing leave behind us footprints in the sands of time"
tangential

Anyone from UK want a travel companion?

Post by tangential »

HI,

I am new to the forum. I would like to go to Loreley but don't want to travel alone. Is anyone travelling from the UK who could use a companion?

Thanks.
John.
timer

Re: Anyone from UK want a travel companion?

Post by timer »

tangential wrote:HI,

I am new to the forum. I would like to go to Loreley but don't want to travel alone. Is anyone travelling from the UK who could use a companion?

Thanks.
John.
a warm welcome to the forum Tangential, night be an idea to say how you plan to travel . :)
tangential

Post by tangential »

Hi,

Unsure really how I plan to travel - open to ideas..... I have never driven abroad so I don't fancy that to be honest, other than that I am flexible....
Diamondsndust

Post by Diamondsndust »

Thanks.
John.
Hi John and welcome. I shall be going from London into Frankfurt airport and picking up a hire car - happy to share the journey.

Alan
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Diamondsndust wrote:

Thanks.
John.
Hi John and welcome. I shall be going from London into Frankfurt airport and picking up a hire car - happy to share the journey.

Alan

Be good to see you there Alan 8) :wink:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

It's official...this is another gig I'm unable to make. :( Travel and accommodation costs, make it economically unviable. It's the U.K. or nothing this year (unless it's mid/late Oct., early Nov.), when it's nothing full stop.
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
timer

Post by timer »

that's a real shame Mick - it wure would be good to see you again ! :(
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Hobo wrote:It's official...this is another gig I'm unable to make. :( Travel and accommodation costs, make it economically unviable. It's the U.K. or nothing this year (unless it's mid/late Oct., early Nov.), when it's nothing full stop.
Hope to see you sometime this year Mick,hopefully we will get a UK date :idea: :idea:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

epsilon75 wrote:
Hobo wrote:It's official...this is another gig I'm unable to make. :( Travel and accommodation costs, make it economically unviable. It's the U.K. or nothing this year (unless it's mid/late Oct., early Nov.), when it's nothing full stop.
Hope to see you sometime this year Mick,hopefully we will get a UK date :idea: :idea:
I'm sure it'll happen i can feel it my water......................either that it's cystitis :oops:
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
tangential

Post by tangential »

Diamondsndust wrote:

Thanks.
John.

Alan
Hi Alan,

Apologies for the late reply - I have had this flu thing and been confined to my bed.

Are you stopping in a hotel or heading straight back to the airport after the show?

Can you send a reply to just one person on this forum, I tried but it seems disabled.

Thanks to everyone else too for their replies aboute Loreley.

Nice to meet you all.

John.
Laserdisc Dream

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

On Second Thought I not going to Tee dee concert.
Go a head with out me.

:!: :arrow:
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

Tickets arrived today! :D

and a TV/Radio licence bill :cry:

but, still :D :D
Diamondsndust

Post by Diamondsndust »

tangential wrote:
Diamondsndust wrote:

Thanks.
John.

Alan
Hi Alan,

Apologies for the late reply - I have had this flu thing and been confined to my bed.

Are you stopping in a hotel or heading straight back to the airport after the show?

Can you send a reply to just one person on this forum, I tried but it seems disabled.

Thanks to everyone else too for their replies aboute Loreley.

Nice to meet you all.

John.
I have the same 'disabled' problem. You can contact me via the tadream list at yahoo groups.

PS I will be travelling out Thursday back on Saturday - staying at a hotel nearby for the 2 nights.
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
Misterdance

Post by Misterdance »

I myself am more a homelistener and have never seen TD on stage. Perhaps an idea for the nearby future :wink: . It is not that I would'nt want it or dislike it, it just never happend in my life.

For all of you out there .. HAVE FUN.

MD.
:!: :D
Fred-E Skywalker fka Misterdance.

Visit my website: http://www.fredvdwerf.nl