LORELEY FESTIVAL 2008 - TD IN CONCERT AGAIN !!

Einstein's Barber (ADMIN)
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

LORELEY FESTIVAL 2008 - TD IN CONCERT AGAIN !!

Post by Einstein's Barber (ADMIN) »

Hi Guys,

TANGERINE DREAM are headlining the famous OPEN AIR EVENT "NIGHT OF THE PROG FESTIVAL 2008" at the LORELEY
on July 18th
from 9 pm (twilight) on.
The Loreley is the most legendary big rock in Germany at the Rhine river close to Frankfurt/Main.
Tickets & infos on the festival in general:
http://www.wiventertainment.de/wiv/shows/loreley/
(ticket order in English language as well)
PS: A lot of fans asked us already whether TD will perform at this festival or not, but we explained many times before:
It's our policy only to announce events here on our official website which are contractually finalized and guaranteed.
We don't want you to invest ticket and traveling costs in vain. We very much hope you understand.
Now as the concert is 'ON' we'll update you asap on more specific infos like the show itself, merch, meet & greet etc.
Hope to see some of you there!!

Kind regards,
EINSTEIN's BARBER (ADMIN)

Last edited by Einstein's Barber (ADMIN) on Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. ALBERT EINSTEIN
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

Thanks for the info EB. I'll certainly try to make this one, despite my loathing of festivals.
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

ouch___________BM________gets run over by the TD colossus________again_________ :D
...The wise.....are silent.....
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Already got my ticket in hand for this,will be travelling with Neil......
should be a great evening 8) :D
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
ant

Post by ant »

:( Won't be able to make this unfortunately due to other expenses including a holiday in March and saving for a two week trip to North America early 2009. Still hope those that attend will have a great time (I'm sure you will) and hopefully it will be released on DVD along with Klaus Schulze perhaps?? I should be able to afford that, I hope. Would definitely go though if they do another gig in London in 2008. How about the Fairfield Halls in Croydon Edgar? You haven't done there for years and it would certainly be nicer than The Astoria!! :D
Biggus Dickus
TangFanIRL

Post by TangFanIRL »

epsilon75 wrote:Already got my ticket in hand for this,will be travelling with Neil......
should be a great evening 8) :D
At last!!! Official confirmation!!! ;-) Hope to get my ticket soon.
tdream4ever

Post by tdream4ever »

Could use a bit of HELP with some info on the TD @ Prog Fest on April 18th. I'm planning on attending the Friday night and Saturday night shows. Especially to see TD and Klaus Schulze friday night. I'll be flying in from Los Angeles, CA. into Frankfurt. Can anybody recommend a low to midprice hotel close by the ground? Is there a train from Frankfurt airport to the area and which train? Or do I need to rent a car from the airport?
Thanks to all.
timer

Post by timer »

tdream4ever wrote:Could use a bit of HELP with some info on the TD @ Prog Fest on April 18th. I'm planning on attending the Friday night and Saturday night shows. Especially to see TD and Klaus Schulze friday night. I'll be flying in from Los Angeles, CA. into Frankfurt. Can anybody recommend a low to midprice hotel close by the ground? Is there a train from Frankfurt airport to the area and which train? Or do I need to rent a car from the airport?
Thanks to all.
I admire your dedication tdream4ever to travel all that way - fantastic I hope you enjoy it ! sorry can't help with your query , but no doubt someone else here will. Cheers 8)
24db

Post by 24db »

timer wrote:
tdream4ever wrote:Could use a bit of HELP with some info on the TD @ Prog Fest on April 18th. I'm planning on attending the Friday night and Saturday night shows. Especially to see TD and Klaus Schulze friday night. I'll be flying in from Los Angeles, CA. into Frankfurt. Can anybody recommend a low to midprice hotel close by the ground? Is there a train from Frankfurt airport to the area and which train? Or do I need to rent a car from the airport?
Thanks to all.
I admire your dedication tdream4ever to travel all that way - fantastic I hope you enjoy it ! sorry can't help with your query , but no doubt someone else here will. Cheers 8)
I think some people have left some info on the Emportal forum
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Thanks to all.
Book a hotel as soon as you possibly can,im led to believe that most of the hotels on the Loreley rhine valley area are pretty much full,we are 3km away from the actual Loreley festival site,we could not get any closer.

IMHO a hired car is the best bet for your journey from the airport,and i believe it will be the better option for travelling between hotel and festival site,im sure someone with knowledge of that area could be of better help,i hope you enjoy your time there as i admire your loyalty for coming such a long way :roll:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
pb2rdf

Post by pb2rdf »

Thanks to all.
HI,

By the way, you are mentioning april 18th. I think you mean july 18th.
Try http://www.booking.com , search item : St.Goarshausen
Look surrounding of this place for suitable hotels.

St.Goarshausen is reachable by train, at google maps I see a railroad at both sides of the river Rhine.
Nearby train station : Sankt Goarshausen. Walk, or take the bus to the ground area.
Infos at : http://www.bahn.de

The ground is certainly reachable by boat, it is near the river Rhine. ;-)

suc6
grtz, Peter
pb2rdf

Re: LORELEY FESTIVAL 2008 - TD IN CONCERT AGAIN !!

Post by pb2rdf »

Einstein's Barber (ADMIN) wrote:Hi Guys,

TANGERINE DREAM are headlining the famous OPEN AIR EVENT "NIGHT OF THE PROG FESTIVAL 2008" at the LORELEY on July 18th
from 9 pm (twilight) on.
I booked a ticket Freie Sitzplatzwahl Kat: 1; Reihe ; Pl:
I'm driving by car.

It seems to be a buzy concert year for me :
25-03 : Jean Michel Jarre in Carré Amsterdam
13-04 : TD Groove Eindhoven.
18-07 : TD - Schulze Loreley.

grtz, Peter
Last edited by pb2rdf on Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Laserdisc Dream

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

That great news. :D

:!: :arrow:
Laserdisc Dream

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

Who’s all to that big Concert in Frankfurt? :?:

:!: :arrow:
krismopompas

Post by krismopompas »

i´ve got my ticket today :)
tdream4ever
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:55 am Post subject:
Could use a bit of HELP with some info on the TD @ Prog Fest on April 18th. I'm planning on attending the Friday night and Saturday night shows. Especially to see TD and Klaus Schulze friday night. I'll be flying in from Los Angeles, CA. into Frankfurt. Can anybody recommend a low to midprice hotel close by the ground? Is there a train from Frankfurt airport to the area and which train? Or do I need to rent a car from the airport?
Thanks to all.
from frankfurt -airport/trainstation you could take a train,...... it leaves (drives) every hour ....... somewhere you must change the train during the trip.......... the train takes around 1h30min-2h ...... look here:
http://www.bahn.de/international/view/en/index.shtml

maybe it´s more comfortable and quicker rent a car........ if you don´t need a hotel, sleep in the car :)
time is the fire in which we burn (zoran)