Tangerine Dream
The Official Forum

   * FAQ    * Search   * Login   * Register

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on Performances
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:46 pm
Posts: 24409
Location: Apatheticville
24db wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
I want more Edgar :arrow:


How much more of Edgar can you get uder your arm? ;)



Guitar work i mean :roll: :wink:

_________________
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:08 pm
Posts: 20418
epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
I want more Edgar :arrow:


How much more of Edgar can you get uder your arm? ;)



Guitar work i mean :roll: :wink:


Amen to that, hey what about some acoustic guitar or 12 string guitar from the big man, that would be a treat and a half!

_________________
http://thezest-2010.blogspot.co.uk/
small print


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:46 pm
Posts: 24409
Location: Apatheticville
Totally agree with you :idea: we know he has got an abundance of guitar skills and it would be a treat to see him show them live :wink: perhaps he would rather leave it to the young uns :? i say come on down EF and show us yer G strings :?

_________________
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:08 pm
Posts: 20418
epsilon75 wrote:
Totally agree with you :idea: we know he has got an abundance of guitar skills and it would be a treat to see him show them live :wink: perhaps he would rather leave it to the young uns :? i say come on down EF and show us yer G strings :?


How about he does an intro like Cloudburst flight or the effects laiden guitar he did on some of the 1976 encores, dry eye in the house? don't think so :)

_________________
http://thezest-2010.blogspot.co.uk/
small print


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:46 pm
Posts: 24409
Location: Apatheticville
24db wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
Totally agree with you :idea: we know he has got an abundance of guitar skills and it would be a treat to see him show them live :wink: perhaps he would rather leave it to the young uns :? i say come on down EF and show us yer G strings :?


How about he does an intro like Cloudburst flight or the effects laiden guitar he did on some of the 1976 encores, dry eye in the house? don't think so :)



Kleenex in abundance me thinks :cry:

_________________
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:46 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 4:14 pm
Posts: 3977
Location: At The Border Of The Marsh
Chris Monk wrote:
24db wrote:
Something new, if I hear the same old same old again I'll be very bored indeed

I actually prefer TD shows where they play all new music like they used to do back in the 70s and early 80s and as they've done with the Dante trilogy. The "Best of" shows are good but I often find my self wishing for a new track or two.


I like a mix of old and new. With all new music, I find because of the unfamiliarity, I sometimes feel a bit lost and perhaps don't appreciate it as much as I should.

_________________
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:56 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:54 am
Posts: 7393
Location: Scotland
Hobo wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
24db wrote:
Something new, if I hear the same old same old again I'll be very bored indeed

I actually prefer TD shows where they play all new music like they used to do back in the 70s and early 80s and as they've done with the Dante trilogy. The "Best of" shows are good but I often find my self wishing for a new track or two.


I like a mix of old and new. With all new music, I find because of the unfamiliarity, I sometimes feel a bit lost and perhaps don't appreciate it as much as I should.


I agree with Chris. I remember buying a very expensive bootleg 'Sonambulistic Imagery' and being so dissapointed in the fact it was all music I knew. I used to think TD always played improvised sets until I discovered the Trees & Leaves.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:15 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 4:14 pm
Posts: 3977
Location: At The Border Of The Marsh
sparrow wrote:
Hobo wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
24db wrote:
Something new, if I hear the same old same old again I'll be very bored indeed

I actually prefer TD shows where they play all new music like they used to do back in the 70s and early 80s and as they've done with the Dante trilogy. The "Best of" shows are good but I often find my self wishing for a new track or two.


I like a mix of old and new. With all new music, I find because of the unfamiliarity, I sometimes feel a bit lost and perhaps don't appreciate it as much as I should.


I agree with Chris. I remember buying a very expensive bootleg 'Sonambulistic Imagery' and being so dissapointed in the fact it was all music I knew. I used to think TD always played improvised sets until I discovered the Trees & Leaves.


There's still a lot I don't know, so much of it sounds new to me anyway.

_________________
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:42 pm
Posts: 4483
Location: Netherlands
epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
I want more Edgar :arrow:


How much more of Edgar can you get uder your arm? ;)



Guitar work i mean :roll: :wink:


Nahh, Edgar is not a guitar player in my thoughts. Not to much guitar, the encore is enough, but what I also want back is the piano medley, I missed that one in Tempodrome.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:37 am
Posts: 138
Location: 'Athens of the North'
If I'm fortunate enough to catch these guys again in 2007, I would want
to hear a soundscape I haven't heard before.
(such as Purgatorio , London 2004)

SBE 2005 (Phaedra) & Tempodrom 2006 was a fantastic review but
we can't tread through treacle year after year with regrets of
what should have been played instead.

Alway look forward....it may be the last time you ever hear new TD sounds.

That's the thrill of TD over my lifetime.

8)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:46 pm
Posts: 24409
Location: Apatheticville
hansx wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
I want more Edgar :arrow:


How much more of Edgar can you get uder your arm? ;)



Guitar work i mean :roll: :wink:


Nahh, Edgar is not a guitar player in my thoughts. Not to much guitar, the encore is enough, but what I also want back is the piano medley, I missed that one in Tempodrome.



Well Edgar could do the intro to Song of The Whale Part 2 then :idea: :idea: :)

_________________
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:35 am
Posts: 356
Location: Edgar's dried Quinoa pantry
Mephistopheles wrote:
"Comet's Figure Head", the piece that linked my fate to this band.
Some new music would be nice too.


That would be a great intro and I'd love for them to perform the first 8 minutes from the Live Miles Berlin Concert, cool at heart and Unicorn theme.

_________________
You were only supposed to blow the bladdy doors off!!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:42 pm
Posts: 4483
Location: Netherlands
epsilon75 wrote:
hansx wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
I want more Edgar :arrow:


How much more of Edgar can you get uder your arm? ;)



Guitar work i mean :roll: :wink:


Nahh, Edgar is not a guitar player in my thoughts. Not to much guitar, the encore is enough, but what I also want back is the piano medley, I missed that one in Tempodrome.



Well Edgar could do the intro to Song of The Whale Part 2 then :idea: :idea: :)


Ok then. also an intro. But nothing more.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:46 pm
Posts: 24409
Location: Apatheticville
:? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :?

_________________
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:37 pm
Posts: 184
Location: Oslo, Norway
Froesesque wrote:
That would be a great intro and I'd love for them to perform the first 8 minutes from the Live Miles Berlin Concert, cool at heart and Unicorn theme.

Those are some beautiful pieces. To hear a modern live version of that bit of "Livemiles" would indeed be a treat.
Oh, and 15 minutes of "Choronzon" would be great. With Edgar on guitar! :D


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic     Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on Performances All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4 [ 53 posts ] 

 
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum


cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group | Design by Homestage