Notification for US fans?

rattymouse
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by rattymouse »

epsilon75 wrote:I would never have conquered that flying fear if it were not for TD,it speaks volumes of what the music means to me that i could conquer such a massive fear to travel overseas to see them...if i had not gone to the Tempodrom i would probably never have gone up in a plane in my lifetime.
May the power of Froese be with you :wink:
Good for you! It's awesome that you overcame your fear of flying. There is soo much open to you now that you can fly on a plane.

I've always associated the track "Poland" as the perfect music that depicts a jetliner in flight. From take off, crusing, to the landing, that tune has it all soudtracked perfectly. If only they would let you listen to your iPod as the plane touches down! That's my dream. To blast Poland, starting at the 19 minute mark as the plane approaches the landing (at night). The tension building by the sequencer is awesome. Just perfect for a landing!

Cant wait until saturday. I finally get to fly home after being away for 5 weeks. 18 hours of flying ahead of me. First to Japan from Taiwan, and then off to Chicago.
dalekay

Post by dalekay »

Some of us it is all the funds one needs to travel these days. Passports and un-expected problems. Something as simple as travel from Burbank to Memphis (June 2008) was almost a night mare. The transfer in Phoenix AZ, proved very much like a 2 mile sprint from one end to the other. I can only imagine what it is like now to fly international.

Further to this, imagine having to guide a blind person from one transfer to another or a delay. My wife is a good example of this. If she was with me on that 2 mile sprint, we would have missed the flight.

Fear? hum, not of flying too much but more what one has to do perhaps.

dale

Inquisitor Betrayer
CD "Space Elevator" Get it at http://cdbaby.com/cd/inquisitorbetrayer,
http://www.inquisitorbetrayer.com , http://www.myspace.com/inquisitorbetrayer ,
http://www.musicforte.com/member/ib_staff
Apple iTunes http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZSt ... =200365877

Angel's Wings
http://www.soundclick.com/angelswings

Ready to take your music to new levels?
Serious_Musicians@yahoogroups.com

Want to be our friend in myspace?
http://www.myspace.com/reloc.cfm?c=2&id ... 519a8bed75
stevo4

Post by stevo4 »

So, who here will be buying online on Wednesday and who will be standing in line at UCLA?

I honestly have no sense of how many people will be buying tickets locally. UCLA Ticket Office has this program at the beginning of the season where you can get presales if you buy a ticket for 4 different shows. The fact that this show was just listed, it wasn't an option for people who've already bought tickets, so, i'm hoping that the really good seats are still available.

I'm also wondering, is it better to stand in line or use ticketmaster. Even if there is just one person in front of me at the ticket booth, a ton of tickets can be sold via Ticket Master.

But, i also know that TD is fairly off the radar here and unless you happen to check in here on occasion, you might never know they were even playing.
24db

Post by 24db »

stevo4 wrote:So, who here will be buying online on Wednesday and who will be standing in line at UCLA?

I honestly have no sense of how many people will be buying tickets locally. UCLA Ticket Office has this program at the beginning of the season where you can get presales if you buy a ticket for 4 different shows. The fact that this show was just listed, it wasn't an option for people who've already bought tickets, so, i'm hoping that the really good seats are still available.

I'm also wondering, is it better to stand in line or use ticketmaster. Even if there is just one person in front of me at the ticket booth, a ton of tickets can be sold via Ticket Master.

But, i also know that TD is fairly off the radar here and unless you happen to check in here on occasion, you might never know they were even playing.
I hope some good seats will be available to TD fans and not only given to college students
stevo4

Post by stevo4 »

Just spoke to UCLA ticket office.

So, get this. Royce Hall holds 1834 seats. They've already sold 1,084 tickets already! That leaves 750 left. Basically, UCLA offers first presale tickets to donors and subscribers of the "Four Show" package where you have to buy 4 shows (none of the others looked interesting to me) to get early access to seats. So, we get whats ever left over. I am a bit disappointed but they did say that there were seats still available in all 3 price ranges. ($48 being the most expensive).

Still not sure if i'm going to stand in line or just call Ticket Monster.
24db

Post by 24db »

stevo4 wrote:Just spoke to UCLA ticket office.

So, get this. Royce Hall holds 1834 seats. They've already sold 1,084 tickets already! That leaves 750 left. Basically, UCLA offers first presale tickets to donors and subscribers of the "Four Show" package where you have to buy 4 shows (none of the others looked interesting to me) to get early access to seats. So, we get whats ever left over. I am a bit disappointed but they did say that there were seats still available in all 3 price ranges. ($48 being the most expensive).

Ouch, that's what I was lead to believe :( well I hope some real US TD fans get to see the group as well.

'If' there is a plus side and it's a moot point, but it might encourage TD to pull out all of the stops for a complete 2009 Tour of the States (as ticket sales seem fairly good so far)
Last edited by 24db on Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
24db

Post by 24db »

Btw the Queen Elizabeth Hall (in London) does the same thing. When I went to see Harmonia there earlier this year (don't ask) most of the tickets were sold the day before joe public got hold of them, mainly by subscribers.
rattymouse

Post by rattymouse »

Have you been to this place? What are the sight lines like for the cheap seats? Are they worth buying if that's all that is left?
rattymouse

Post by rattymouse »

24db wrote:

Ouch, that's what I was lead to believe :( well I hope some real US TD fans get to see the group as well
Can you imagine TD playing to 1800 people who dont know who they are?
stevo4

Post by stevo4 »

I've never been to Royce Hall but i know its fairly intimate and very good acoustics.

Seating Chart:

http://www.uclalive.org/seatingcharts/r ... g_0809.pdf
stevo4

Post by stevo4 »

Start your Engines!

I'm off to ride my bike over to UCLA and stand in line (will there be one?) and hope to be number one. Otherwise, i have my friend who will be on Ticket Master a minute or so before ready to buy tickets.

Btw, you don't want to park in the parking lots on campus. The meter lots charge 25 cents per 7 1/2 minutes!!! Yikes! But i'm guessing some of the lots will just be a flat fee on the day of the event.

Wish us luck!
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

Good luck :idea:

let us know how it goes :wink:
...The wise.....are silent.....
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

stevo4 wrote:Start your Engines!

I'm off to ride my bike over to UCLA and stand in line (will there be one?) and hope to be number one. Otherwise, i have my friend who will be on Ticket Master a minute or so before ready to buy tickets.

Btw, you don't want to park in the parking lots on campus. The meter lots charge 25 cents per 7 1/2 minutes!!! Yikes! But i'm guessing some of the lots will just be a flat fee on the day of the event.

Wish us luck!

See you at the UCLA 8) :P
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
stevo4

Post by stevo4 »

Just got home. Not even 35 minutes from ticket sales to return to my house (by bicycle).

Here are my tickets!!!

Third Row Center Baby!!!

And i had a friend on line with Ticket Master up on 2 browsers to compare tickets and every time he tried, the best he got was Back of Orchestra Row T as a "Best Available" search. I, on the other hand spoke to the guy behind the glass and i got these amazing seats and without all the bulls&*t fees that TM imposes.

In addition, i asked the guy are all the tickets they sell the same as on TM and he said yes. So, someone is holding out on selling great seats when you use TM. Good to know in the future. May be worth it to buy from Ticket box office when ever that option is available, or cover yourself with someone checking TM.

I'm so excited now!!!

Btw, i was also the only one in line for TD tickets. There were 4 others but they were in line for other shows.

Stevo
24db

Post by 24db »

stevo4 wrote:Just got home. Not even 35 minutes from ticket sales to return to my house (by bicycle).

Here are my tickets!!!

Third Row Center Baby!!!

And i had a friend on line with Ticket Master up on 2 browsers to compare tickets and every time he tried, the best he got was Back of Orchestra Row T as a "Best Available" search. I, on the other hand spoke to the guy behind the glass and i got these amazing seats and without all the bulls&*t fees that TM imposes.

In addition, i asked the guy are all the tickets they sell the same as on TM and he said yes. So, someone is holding out on selling great seats when you use TM. Good to know in the future. May be worth it to buy from Ticket box office when ever that option is available, or cover yourself with someone checking TM.

I'm so excited now!!!

Btw, i was also the only one in line for TD tickets. There were 4 others but they were in line for other shows.

Stevo
Well done, I'm really pleased for you.

Strangely enough I've noticed that sometimes you have to shop around to find who's got the good seats