Risk and the Concert for Peace, Reichstag, 1981

24db
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Risk and the Concert for Peace, Reichstag, 1981

Post by 24db »

I often read comments from 'fans' and 'musicans' about TD's lack of risk, well I'm not sure if they know how much risk TD have taken, purely to arrange a concert. In 1981 TD arranged a massive Anti-War concert at the Reichstag in Berlin, it was infact a 'Demo' as that way it could be held for free, it was attended by 120,000 people. Needless to say the risk involved finacially was massive, they realised if it went wrong they'd all be bankrupt. Another thing that wasn't known to the crowd that day was that TD were playing with $1,200,000 worth of equipment totally un-insured, as no company would touch them (including Lloyds). Through this anti-war stance TD probably lost their chance to emigrate to Australia not long after.

That's risk! not playing with a few old synths, it's having the balls to think that something matters so much you are prepared to put your future on the line
Last edited by 24db on Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
epsilon75

Re: Risk and the Concert for Peace, Reichstag, 1981

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:I often read comments from 'fans' and 'musicans' about TD's lack of risk, well I'm not sure if they know how much risk TD have taken, purely to arrange a concert. In 1981 TD arranged a massive Anti-War concert at the Reichstag in Berlin, it was infact a 'Demo' as that way it could be held for free, it was attended by 120,000 people. Needless to say the risk involved finacially was massive, they realised if it went wrong they'd all be bankrupt. Another thing that wasn't known the crowd that day was that TD were playing with $1,200,000 worth of equipment totally un-insured, as no company would touch them (including Lloyds). Through this anti-war stance TD probably lost their chance to emigate to Australia not long after.

That's risk! not playing with a few old synths, it's having the balls to think that something matters so much you are prepared to put your future on the line
Post it on the other forum's mate :wink: see what they say to that :P
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

TD rocks. It was a brilliant concert, too, with the female vocalist reciting the lyrics of Kiew Mission.
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

Great post Andy! It's so easy to criticise from our relatively comfortable world post cold-war / digital synthesis era...
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
whiteeagle

Post by whiteeagle »

And what a killer concert it was :D
Keep on (Tangerine) Dreaming
exit81

Post by exit81 »

Top info geezer...didn't know some of that.

This is surely one of the defining 10 concerts of TD's career.
24db

Post by 24db »

exit81 wrote:Top info geezer...didn't know some of that.

This is surely one of the defining 10 concerts of TD's career.
cheers, nice to see the two photos from this gig on the TDOC as well :)
Laserdisc Dream

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

:?:

:!: :arrow: