VOTE FOR TANGERINE DREAM TO PLAY AT ROSKILDE FESTIVAL 2007

Dunc
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Dunc »

My vote goes for the Roskilde Festival.

Been to it several times and for the record the Beer is by Tuborg/Carlsberg and is not that overpriced. Queues are not that large, toilets are good, Danes and Swedes are excellent peopleand the sound is very good.

Compare it to a brit' Festival (and I've been to a few): not good warm beer (can't take your own booze in, you can in Roskilde providing you decant it into a plastic glass), overpriced everything, the mind set that Brit music is best and that's all that we want at a Brit festival (no it is not), long queues, not good sound, not good weather. I could continue...

I could do with another holiday in Copenhagen (I could go to the Jazz Festival after Roskilde too) 8)
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

Dunc wrote:My vote goes for the Roskilde Festival.

Been to it several times and for the record the Beer is by Tuborg/Carlsberg and is not that overpriced. Queues are not that large, toilets are good, Danes and Swedes are excellent peopleand the sound is very good.

Compare it to a brit' Festival (and I've been to a few): not good warm beer (can't take your own booze in, you can in Roskilde providing you decant it into a plastic glass), overpriced everything, the mind set that Brit music is best and that's all that we want at a Brit festival (no it is not), long queues, not good sound, not good weather. I could continue...

I could do with another holiday in Copenhagen (I could go to the Jazz Festival after Roskilde too) 8)
Still not convinced. I'm not a fan of crowds, or lager!
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Hobo wrote:
Dunc wrote:My vote goes for the Roskilde Festival.

Still not convinced. I'm not a fan of crowds, or lager!
Went to a few Festivals in my younger days and they were quite good but nowadays I enjoy my creature comforts too much. The thought of standing in a windy field, with a watery warm beer in hand, trying to make out what is happening on a far distant stage is NOT appealling.
Dunc

Post by Dunc »

No Sense of adventure.

I was last at Roskilde in 2005 where I saw a lot of great stuff including Brian wilson from about 30 feet away, Black Sabbath from about 40 feet away.
The temperature was about 28 C, no wind and the beer was definitely not watery. I think you are all a bit put off by the not good festivals in UK.

As for the creature comforts, it does you good to rough it for a while now and again. Hey, I'm forty and I didn't feel out of place. No morons shouting "hey! grandad what you doing here" like you would get over here.

Still, I guess there is no persuading you :lol:
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

VOTE! VOTE! VOTE!
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

I fancy a trip
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

TD for Glastonbury Festival 2008 :idea: :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

epsilon75 wrote:TD for Glastonbury Festival 2008 :idea: :arrow:
Now your talking !!!! TD in a muddy field
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

alipaul wrote:
Im sure a good set of gun-boots and the potent waft of the Glastonbury air we would soon forget about the mud :arrow: :wink:
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

oh yes TD at ye worthy farmstead....Glasto 2008....at 140db....if that happens the BM will levitate into the air and become at one with thee Glastonbury TOR......the glastonmoog 8)
...The wise.....are silent.....
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

alipaul wrote:
Getting a ticket for Glastonbury is a major achievement. They were all sold out within two hours.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Chris Monk wrote:
alipaul wrote:
Getting a ticket for Glastonbury is a major achievement. They were all sold out within two hours.
Very True Chris,my mate Jason tried for hours and failed........he ended up paying silly money cos he was desperate to go :arrow:
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

Just returned from Glasto. :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :!: :wink:
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Hobo wrote:Just returned from Glasto. :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :!: :wink:
:? :? :arrow:
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

Chris Monk wrote:
alipaul wrote:
I managed this year! We bought four here - and then four more for another set of friends. It will be my first time - SO excited! Ozrics are playing :D :D
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!