What Would You Like To Hear In Eindhoven?

alipaul
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by alipaul »

Eennom wrote:
24db wrote:I hope they play a 100% acoustic set...those synths have had their day! ;)
Well, anyway, I hope that what we are going to hear, is 100% live played, and not 95% executing midi-files and 5% additional keys.
I'm still trying to recognize the syncronization of the keysounds Edgar is playing on the latest DVD's, but it looks like Edgar 'plays fantastically' the keyboards, as his finger moves does not compare any sound changes.
:?:
cheers!
No pleasing some people :shock: Wish i was going
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
NiklunII

Post by NiklunII »

Eennom wrote:
24db wrote:I hope they play a 100% acoustic set...those synths have had their day! ;)
Well, anyway, I hope that what we are going to hear, is 100% live played, and not 95% executing midi-files and 5% additional keys.
I'm still trying to recognize the syncronization of the keysounds Edgar is playing on the latest DVD's, but it looks like Edgar 'plays fantastically' the keyboards, as his finger moves does not compare any sound changes.
:?:
cheers!

I have also noticed that, maybe they use plays fantastically on some tracks, (otherwise they really play them nearly as good to the studio versions, for example Hyper Sphix on One Night in Space.) One question is; Can TD music be performed by few musicans not using any plays fantastically? There are so much sound in there and the music is so complex?
I do not care if they use plays fantastically on new (never released) music, but If old material is plaied it is not funny to "hear the album at the consert". I listen so much to my TD albums so I think I know them to well..

If we are lucky there will be some 100% live piano solos and guitar solos by Edgar as in SBE 2005!
krismopompas

Post by krismopompas »

hmmmm......... td live without prerecorded sequences??? ......... how should that works with only 6 hands on the keys??? ......... they need an orchstra to realize the same richness of sounds and (sequencer)tracks or the product is another one.

and why td unplugged??? ........ that would be the same as the stones goes synthesized......... please do not!!!! :shock:

i saw kraftwerk on their minimummaximum-tour ......... imo they only remix their songs like a producer/dj live on stage........ only ralf hutter sings and the main-melodies (if exists so far) were played live on a keyboard.......... "the robots" live then is the extremste way.......... was it a mp3, cd, hd-recording or a midifile??? ........ who knows ;)

imo that´s the "price" you´ve payed for em as listener as well as musician......... but at the same time it´s part of the fascination and magic of em. ........ the 2 sides of the same coin.......... neither good nor bad...... still a fact.
time is the fire in which we burn (zoran)
Eennom

Post by Eennom »

[quote="krismopompas"]hmmmm......... td live without prerecorded sequences??? ......... how should that works with only 6 hands on the keys??? ......... they need an orchstra to realize the same richness of sounds and (sequencer)tracks or the product is another one.

and why td unplugged??? ........ that would be the same as the stones goes synthesized......... please do not!!!! :shock:

i saw kraftwerk on their minimummaximum-tour ......... imo they only remix their songs like a producer/dj live on stage........ only ralf hutter sings and the main-melodies (if exists so far) were played live on a keyboard.......... "the robots" live then is the extremste way.......... was it a mp3, cd, hd-recording or a midifile??? ........ who knows ;)

imo that´s the "price" you´ve payed for em as listener as well as musician......... but at the same time it´s part of the fascination and magic of em. ........ the 2 sides of the same coin.......... neither good nor bad...... still a fact.[/quote]

I've seen Mike Oldfield's Tubular Bells II live: and on stage it was not only Mike, but an orchestra with at least 15 musicans, and every note I heard was played live. Of course, you cannot compare this with TD, but if I hear a guitar playing, I would rather see someone playing this guitar (look and listen to Lake of Pontchartrain Astoria 2007). What I'm still missing is that during live performances of TD, it's hard to discover who is playing what. E.g.: Iris is playing percussion so activily, but most of her sounds are overruled by a drum-sequencer. Shut this thing off and let Iris play the percussion. The only sounds we're sure of who is playing them are the flutes and sax of Linda and the guitar parts of Bernard, and some percussion of Iris.
Please don't understand me wrong: I still enjoy the TD music very much and I like to go to live performances, but don't want to hear an exact copy of a CD I was playing in my car on my way to the show.
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

I agree with you Ennom 100%..watching a TD DVD can be frustrating at times.
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

sparrow wrote:I agree with you Ennom 100%..watching a TD DVD can be frustrating at times.
To say the least... I like listening to them though, as the frequency range is better than a cd. :)
NiklunII

Post by NiklunII »

The DVDs are really good anyhow, the sound of TD is now better than ever! What I miss is such additional melodies as you can hear on VAULT 4 on for example the beginnig of Akash deep. On the studio version there are np such fantastic flute sound... It really sounds "live" also.. :D
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

My five for Eindhoven

1,Maroubra Bay
2,It Would Be Like Samoa
3,Dalerotica
4,Metropolis
5,Talking To Maddox 8) :D
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
timer

Post by timer »

Mine :

1.Drunken Mozart in the Desert.
2.Marouba Bay.
3.Stuntman.
4.Sorbanorst
5.Talking to Maddox.

Whatever ends up on the setlist this is going to be one hell of an event.

Tissue's at the ready ! :lol:
exit81

Post by exit81 »

What I'm really looking forward to is a drastically different setlist to concerts of recent years. TD play the same tracks way too often (Girl On The Stairs, House Of The Rising Sun, Warsaw In The Sun, Logos 1, etc), and as much as I love those tracks, I'd love to hear something different. This weekend's show should provide this. I'd rather hear even half-decent new music played live rather than hear the same old songs again and again.

A show featuring a mixture of both Atomic CDs, Views From A Red Train, Dalinetopia, other recent solo stuff, plus a variety of older, updated EF tracks would be, to quote Nessa from Gavin & Stacey, 'tidy'. 150 minutes of that would be EF heaven. :D
timer

Post by timer »

exit81 wrote:What I'm really looking forward to is a drastically different setlist to concerts of recent years. TD play the same tracks way too often (Girl On The Stairs, House Of The Rising Sun, Warsaw In The Sun, Logos 1, etc), and as much as I love those tracks, I'd love to hear something different. This weekend's show should provide this. I'd rather hear even half-decent new music played live rather than hear the same old songs again and again.

A show featuring a mixture of both Atomic CDs, Views From A Red Train, Dalinetopia, other recent solo stuff, plus a variety of older, updated EF tracks would be, to quote Nessa from Gavin & Stacey, 'tidy'. 150 minutes of that would be EF heaven. :D
I think we will be in for a real treat this weekend, I wouldn't have thought we will hear anything we have before live apart from maybe (hopefully!) Talking to Maddox.
I don't think its intended to have any TD branded tracks played - but hey I don't know what the set list is - thankgod !
Hope to see you there Exit81.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

exit81 wrote:What I'm really looking forward to is a drastically different setlist to concerts of recent years. TD play the same tracks way too often (Girl On The Stairs, House Of The Rising Sun, Warsaw In The Sun, Logos 1, etc), and as much as I love those tracks, I'd love to hear something different. This weekend's show should provide this. I'd rather hear even half-decent new music played live rather than hear the same old songs again and again.

I have similar feelings to yourself Chris,heres hoping for some EF classics and new material :idea: 8)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
HYPERBOREA

Post by HYPERBOREA »

This is what we will hear at Edgars concert - agreed track listing:

Epsilon in Malaysian Pale part 1
Dome of the Yellow Turtles
Great Barrier Riff
Aqua
Raindance
Stuntman

Colorado Dawn
One fine day in Siberia