IRIS'S "TUBULAR BELLS"

billythefish
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by billythefish »

NAVEL OF LIGHT wrote:im sure that the Codotronic drums are trademarked by TD and even more interesting is the V-Drums made by Roland. I have a catalogue from Roland of these drums and one model (set) are called the TD-V Drums.
Another odd thing is that on some of the more recent live dvds, the 'brand' names on the keyboards have black masking tape over them. (one of the uk shows i believe) but the others, no tape covering the names. TD dont really seem to Endorse any keyboard makers like they used to when around 86/88 that Atari were mentioned lots.
It's the Astoria gig 2007 where it's most noticeable. It appears to be Roland equipment that's hidden away... the Access Virus is still on display on Thorsten's rig, and Korg software on very prominent display on the LCD monitor.
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
24db

Post by 24db »

alipaul wrote:I think it was because they got their fingers burned and were taken to court by a keyboard company i'm sure Mr King would know more
I take you're referring to Akai, who asked TD for lots of input on their samplers and then promptly asked for the sampler back, together with TD ideas?

Fredrik Emmerfors- “What would you say has been the most important technical development that Tangerine Dream has provided, I mean have you had any special influence on the technical development and what would that be?

Edgar-“We had in the early years, because we just had to work very closely with companies who manufactured all those instruments, specifically at the beginning of the analog period. We worked with Oberheim in America and Bob Moog’s factory and we worked with a lot of people over here in Germany where the technical development was quite far set up. But after that period we found it a bit frustrating process; we helped a lot of people with the experience we had, by using instruments musically not just as a sound tool, so we gave a string feedback to a lot of people and not always we got back what we wanted. A smaller company for instance, I don’t want to name anybody, but a smaller company for instance we helped to grow quite heavily and finally they became very big and went and said ‘hey, wait a minute are we just beta-testers or what are we, we’re not asking for money, but we wanna get some of the instruments, that theoretically we’ve put our label on’ and so finally like a software company in Germany we had to pay for own software which was quite strange, and if that happens then we are not that interested anymore in collaborations and as we did in our early days we are now developing our stuff ourselves and don’t loose much to the left and to the right”
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

24db wrote:
alipaul wrote:I think it was because they got their fingers burned and were taken to court by a keyboard company i'm sure Mr King would know more
I take you're referring to Akai, who asked TD for lots of input on their samplers and then promptly asked for the sampler back, together with TD ideas?

Fredrik Emmerfors- “What would you say has been the most important technical development that Tangerine Dream has provided, I mean have you had any special influence on the technical development and what would that be?

Edgar-“We had in the early years, because we just had to work very closely with companies who manufactured all those instruments, specifically at the beginning of the analog period. We worked with Oberheim in America and Bob Moog’s factory and we worked with a lot of people over here in Germany where the technical development was quite far set up. But after that period we found it a bit frustrating process; we helped a lot of people with the experience we had, by using instruments musically not just as a sound tool, so we gave a string feedback to a lot of people and not always we got back what we wanted. A smaller company for instance, I don’t want to name anybody, but a smaller company for instance we helped to grow quite heavily and finally they became very big and went and said ‘hey, wait a minute are we just beta-testers or what are we, we’re not asking for money, but we wanna get some of the instruments, that theoretically we’ve put our label on’ and so finally like a software company in Germany we had to pay for own software which was quite strange, and if that happens then we are not that interested anymore in collaborations and as we did in our early days we are now developing our stuff ourselves and don’t loose much to the left and to the right”
Very interesting! What was the date for that interview?
24db

Post by 24db »

2006 mate
Last edited by 24db on Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

the bigmoog, who is not here, is currently listening to thee basso continuum of tangerine dream

:D
...The wise.....are silent.....
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

24db wrote:2006 mate...it's on my blog and Jacob's website:
Ta! I knew I had read it somewhere - too lazy to search... :roll:
24db

Post by 24db »

billythefish wrote:
24db wrote:2006 mate...it's on my blog and Jacob's website:
Ta! I knew I had read it somewhere - too lazy to search... :roll:
shocking...have a beer and relax mate! ;)
tuftuf

Post by tuftuf »

Ehm,

back to the topic, should watch 'Orange Odyssey', chapter 8 : 'Mothers of Rain' : at 30'57 and see Iris use the 'Tubular Bells' :roll:
music is part of my life, without music life would be senseless
tuftuf

Post by tuftuf »

PS: on chapter 10 : 'Song of the Whale' the 'Bells' will be used again :evil:
music is part of my life, without music life would be senseless
Froesesque

Post by Froesesque »

Thinking back, I think edgar and TD had a falling out with a particular well known EM instrument maker which ended with him removing a sampling module he had been endorsing from his rack and returning it to that manufacturer to avoid legal action. (But dont quote me on this!!! im not 100% sure)
You were only supposed to blow the bladdy doors off!!!!
NAVEL OF LIGHT

Post by NAVEL OF LIGHT »

tuftuf wrote:Ehm,

back to the topic, should watch 'Orange Odyssey', chapter 8 : 'Mothers of Rain' : at 30'57 and see Iris use the 'Tubular Bells' :roll:
Mmm...checked the above and i think the rack of 'tubular bells' the post was relating too arent at all visible on O.O. But is the 'MUCH BIGGER' rack visible on the One Night in Space dvd at the back of Iris' set up....not the tinkly ones, these ones are about 3 to 4ft in size each....and ive not seen them been played yet.
ant

Post by ant »

:D Don't know about her bells but I love her bongo's!! :roll: :roll:
Biggus Dickus
NAVEL OF LIGHT

Post by NAVEL OF LIGHT »

ant wrote::D Don't know about her bells but I love her bongo's!! :roll: :roll:
Liking Your style mate...liking your style! :D

One of the camera guys got "severly distracted" by young Iris & lingered too long on a part of her anatomy on the "Phaedra SBE dvd" :lol:
ant

Post by ant »

:D Well if i'd been the cameraman the whole concert would have just featured Iris bobbing up and down!! :D
Biggus Dickus