Tangerine Dream
The Official Forum

   * FAQ    * Search   * Login   * Register

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on Performances
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:46 pm
Posts: 24409
Location: Apatheticville
billythefish wrote:
Hobo wrote:
24db wrote:
billythefish wrote:
Well, to answer the original question, predicting the future is always risky - remember those old episodes of Tomorrow's World? :wink:



where are those musical ties Kraftwerk were gonna have? it must be true it was on TW


I thought everybody had been given a musical tie at one stage in their lives. Mine played "Jingle Bells". Maybe that's not what you meant! :wink:

I had musical underpants - they played the 64 foot organ pipe, and are still working fine after all these years :wink: :wink:



No way in a million years my wifes seeing your lunch box mate :oops: :shock: :arrow:

_________________
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:47 am 
24db wrote:
Krafwerk just use Laptops (I caught them live in London at the Royal Festival Hall Ether festival.....see TD's comments about this festival).

During one of the rare moments on the Minimum Maximum DVD, you'll notice that they, besides the laptops, have a console with a small built-in keyboard, plus some knobs. So I guess something is played live.
I only put on the dvd for the music, and regards the images to be a kind of visual muzak.


Top
  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:41 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:08 pm
Posts: 20418
Pertou wrote:
24db wrote:
Krafwerk just use Laptops (I caught them live in London at the Royal Festival Hall Ether festival.....see TD's comments about this festival).

During one of the rare moments on the Minimum Maximum DVD, you'll notice that they, besides the laptops, have a console with a small built-in keyboard, plus some knobs. So I guess something is played live.
I only put on the dvd for the music, and regards the images to be a kind of visual muzak.


I know, I mentioned this earlier in the thread mate ;)

_________________
http://thezest-2010.blogspot.co.uk/
small print


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:33 pm 
24db wrote:
Pertou wrote:
24db wrote:
Krafwerk just use Laptops (I caught them live in London at the Royal Festival Hall Ether festival.....see TD's comments about this festival).

During one of the rare moments on the Minimum Maximum DVD, you'll notice that they, besides the laptops, have a console with a small built-in keyboard, plus some knobs. So I guess something is played live.
I only put on the dvd for the music, and regards the images to be a kind of visual muzak.


I know, I mentioned this earlier in the thread mate ;)


Ooops... :oops: You did...

24db wrote:
Nice points, however I'd completely disagree about Kraftwerk though (btw they do have keyboards....albeit very small ones). During their recent world tour there was a large and I do mean large amount of live manipilation of the song structure, pitch and filtering.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:46 pm
Posts: 24409
Location: Apatheticville
Regards my arse :roll:

_________________
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 4:14 pm
Posts: 3977
Location: At The Border Of The Marsh
epsilon75 wrote:
Regards my arse :roll:


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

_________________
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:52 pm
Posts: 7797
Location: Bristol, Uk
TD please leave all the spam in.

Reading all these replies to spam that no longer exists is doing my small, wallnut-like, brain in.

PS Only kidding. Napalm them. :twisted:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:46 pm
Posts: 24409
Location: Apatheticville
The spam is slowly disappearing :? :arrow:

_________________
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:58 pm
Posts: 541
Location: under the bed.
DSJR wrote:
I'm sorry everyone, but I'd love to see some improvisation coming back in.

I'm not suggesting for one minute that TD resurrect their old analogue equipment (they probably sold it all years ago), but I think it would be great if they could maybe start with a well known piece and then have an improvised section, gradually reverting to a conventional conclusion...

Sorry, It's the wine talking (Merry Christmas all), but playing or doodling over existing tracks isn't my idea of a gig and I wouldn't make the effort to attend if that was all I was going to see or hear.....


you dont have to apologise for heavens sake, a bit more variation from the original CDs would stop all this speculation about erm ....."playing". I dont think many people go to a concert just to sit through nearly as good recreations of tracks, but at a louder volume that their CD player can get at home :)

_________________
"I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them". - George Bush


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:52 pm
Posts: 7797
Location: Bristol, Uk
JD wrote:
DSJR wrote:
I'm sorry everyone, but I'd love to see some improvisation coming back in.

I'm not suggesting for one minute that TD resurrect their old analogue equipment (they probably sold it all years ago), but I think it would be great if they could maybe start with a well known piece and then have an improvised section, gradually reverting to a conventional conclusion...

Sorry, It's the wine talking (Merry Christmas all), but playing or doodling over existing tracks isn't my idea of a gig and I wouldn't make the effort to attend if that was all I was going to see or hear.....


you dont have to apologise for heavens sake, a bit more variation from the original CDs would stop all this speculation about erm ....."playing". I dont think many people go to a concert just to sit through nearly as good recreations of tracks, but at a louder volume that their CD player can get at home :)

On the subject of TD's old equipment I'm sure I read somewhere that TD still own it all and that it has been mothballed. Got a feeling that I also read in a Jerome bio that he used to spend his Summer holidays playing with the old equipment in a basement.

....makes your mouth water just thinking about it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:08 pm
Posts: 20418
Chris Monk wrote:
JD wrote:
DSJR wrote:
I'm sorry everyone, but I'd love to see some improvisation coming back in.

I'm not suggesting for one minute that TD resurrect their old analogue equipment (they probably sold it all years ago), but I think it would be great if they could maybe start with a well known piece and then have an improvised section, gradually reverting to a conventional conclusion...

Sorry, It's the wine talking (Merry Christmas all), but playing or doodling over existing tracks isn't my idea of a gig and I wouldn't make the effort to attend if that was all I was going to see or hear.....


you dont have to apologise for heavens sake, a bit more variation from the original CDs would stop all this speculation about erm ....."playing". I dont think many people go to a concert just to sit through nearly as good recreations of tracks, but at a louder volume that their CD player can get at home :)

On the subject of TD's old equipment I'm sure I read somewhere that TD still own it all and that it has been mothballed. Got a feeling that I also read in a Jerome bio that he used to spend his Summer holidays playing with the old equipment in a basement.

....makes your mouth water just thinking about it.


in 1996 TD had a vintage studio where most of this old equipment was setup (see the photos in the Keyboard magazine article of the time). More recently some this vintage equipment can be seen in photos in their Vienna studio (Jupiter 6/8 and Minimoog etc)*. So it's all still available for TD to sample in various storage devices. They just use whatever is more suitable, they gave each type of synth a nickname....the analog stuff got the title 'The fat granny brigade' I seem to remember.

* their Berlin studio is on several floors, again from memory Edgar is on one and Jerome is on another

_________________
http://thezest-2010.blogspot.co.uk/
small print


Last edited by 24db on Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:08 pm
Posts: 20418
JD wrote:
DSJR wrote:
I'm sorry everyone, but I'd love to see some improvisation coming back in.

I'm not suggesting for one minute that TD resurrect their old analogue equipment (they probably sold it all years ago), but I think it would be great if they could maybe start with a well known piece and then have an improvised section, gradually reverting to a conventional conclusion...

Sorry, It's the wine talking (Merry Christmas all), but playing or doodling over existing tracks isn't my idea of a gig and I wouldn't make the effort to attend if that was all I was going to see or hear.....


you dont have to apologise for heavens sake, a bit more variation from the original CDs would stop all this speculation about erm ....."playing". I dont think many people go to a concert just to sit through nearly as good recreations of tracks, but at a louder volume that their CD player can get at home :)


When was the last time you caught them live? if you don't mind me asking

_________________
http://thezest-2010.blogspot.co.uk/
small print


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:58 pm
Posts: 541
Location: under the bed.
24db wrote:
JD wrote:
DSJR wrote:
I'm sorry everyone, but I'd love to see some improvisation coming back in.

I'm not suggesting for one minute that TD resurrect their old analogue equipment (they probably sold it all years ago), but I think it would be great if they could maybe start with a well known piece and then have an improvised section, gradually reverting to a conventional conclusion...

Sorry, It's the wine talking (Merry Christmas all), but playing or doodling over existing tracks isn't my idea of a gig and I wouldn't make the effort to attend if that was all I was going to see or hear.....


you dont have to apologise for heavens sake, a bit more variation from the original CDs would stop all this speculation about erm ....."playing". I dont think many people go to a concert just to sit through nearly as good recreations of tracks, but at a louder volume that their CD player can get at home :)


When was the last time you caught them live? if you don't mind me asking


At the last Astoria gig. Why do you ask?

_________________
"I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them". - George Bush


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:46 pm
Posts: 24409
Location: Apatheticville
JD wrote:
24db wrote:
JD wrote:
DSJR wrote:
I'm sorry everyone, but I'd love to see some improvisation coming back in.

I'm not suggesting for one minute that TD resurrect their old analogue equipment (they probably sold it all years ago), but I think it would be great if they could maybe start with a well known piece and then have an improvised section, gradually reverting to a conventional conclusion...

Sorry, It's the wine talking (Merry Christmas all), but playing or doodling over existing tracks isn't my idea of a gig and I wouldn't make the effort to attend if that was all I was going to see or hear.....


you dont have to apologise for heavens sake, a bit more variation from the original CDs would stop all this speculation about erm ....."playing". I dont think many people go to a concert just to sit through nearly as good recreations of tracks, but at a louder volume that their CD player can get at home :)


When was the last time you caught them live? if you don't mind me asking


At the last Astoria gig. Why do you ask?



Twas a good night that :wink:

_________________
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic     Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on Performances All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3 [ 44 posts ] 

 
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum


cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group | Design by Homestage